Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 3102
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bradberry, Worley, and Coleman are solid for our secondary. I like Coleman being the centerfielder since he seems to do well in that position, insofar as him being a ballhawk, so maybe we could target a SS. Peppers or Adams? Also wouldn't mind a guy to play in the slot who is a beast. Dunno if I want to rely on Robert McClain. I just know that we can't be having Tre Boston/Michael Griffin out there next year.

Agreed on just needing a better pass rush, particularly from the edge. Addison is just a situational guy and Ealy has been a disappointment. CJ is reliable but not the player he used to be. Don't see the harm in keeping him around.

Interior should be good to go and we don't need more LBs.

Offensively I don't really like the idea of having both Kalil bros. Matt is a bust, straight up. Hanging out with his brother isn't suddenly going to make him better. Riley Reiff is intriguing if he leaves Detroit. But yeah, we could use some tackles...

As far as skill positions go, I'd prefer a bruiser at RB. We need a second TE (remember that we were going to draft Hunter Henry) to open up the offense. Tolbert probably has hit the end of his career so we could use a new H-Back type guy there. Devon Johnson, who was IR'd, is a possibility. Also I would really like to have a fast WR with hands. That probably isn't going to happen but it would be nice. Sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lasus83


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3346
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
I think Bradberry, Worley, and Coleman are solid for our secondary. I like Coleman being the centerfielder since he seems to do well in that position, insofar as him being a ballhawk, so maybe we could target a SS. Peppers or Adams? Also wouldn't mind a guy to play in the slot who is a beast. Dunno if I want to rely on Robert McClain. I just know that we can't be having Tre Boston/Michael Griffin out there next year.


Yea, Boston isn't exactly setting the world on fire for us. Is he better than Harper? I dunno. I'd say he's probably about the same. I remember plenty of times we were calling for Harpers head while calling him old and slow.

I don't think anyone could argue the idea of having a Peppers-caliber pick in the 1st. It's awful high to go for a Safety in a scheme like ours...

Zithers wrote:

Agreed on just needing a better pass rush, particularly from the edge. Addison is just a situational guy and Ealy has been a disappointment. CJ is reliable but not the player he used to be. Don't see the harm in keeping him around..


Agree 100%

Zithers wrote:

Interior should be good to go and we don't need more LBs.


We might. TD isn't getting any younger. Shaq is the Heir-apparent to him but who is the 3ed guy? Mayo? Klein? I don't know if we have Klein after this offseason and I dunno if Mayo is shoe-in at an OLB starter roll. Furthermore, we need a good backup behind Luke. Nobody wants to say it, but the guy has missed games over the last 2 years and we need to consider that.

I'm not saying a 1st rounder here. But I'm not saying that a pick used on this position group is a bad one.

Zithers wrote:

Offensively I don't really like the idea of having both Kalil bros. Matt is a bust, straight up. Hanging out with his brother isn't suddenly going to make him better. Riley Reiff is intriguing if he leaves Detroit. But yeah, we could use some tackles...



Reiff/Kalil/billy-joe-vet... The think we can all decide on is that we have a good interior OL (until Kalil retires in the next couple years) and we are hurting bad at the tackles. We have been mocking (and mocked) tackles for the past 3 years.

Just doesn't make sense with so many of these high first rounder's coming out and being busts to take one early in a draft that has no clear standout. Heck, in the recent years where there has been a clear standout... that person is hit or miss too...

Later in the draft, maybe 3-5, center should be a consideration.


Zithers wrote:

As far as skill positions go, I'd prefer a bruiser at RB. We need a second TE (remember that we were going to draft Hunter Henry) to open up the offense. Tolbert probably has hit the end of his career so we could use a new H-Back type guy there. Devon Johnson, who was IR'd, is a possibility. Also I would really like to have a fast WR with hands. That probably isn't going to happen but it would be nice. :(


Ginn has hands... they don't work 50% of the time but they are physically there :)

Bruiser or speed back, we need a guy who can pass block.

FB is a good idea too... and a position that can be picked later or as a UDRFA... Gettlemen seems to make pretty good call's after the draft too.

Wait a sec, what happened to this years UDRFAs? Where did those guys end up? I seem to remember having a lot of excitement in their potential... Maybe the answer to some of the above (not RB/OT) really is on our roster...
_________________
Carolina Panthers

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Zithers


Joined: 15 Aug 2010
Posts: 3102
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Cash and Jared Norris have been active a few games.

No one else made the 53.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
atown703


Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 10675
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
Jeremy Cash and Jared Norris have been active a few games.

No one else made the 53.


I'd like to see them get more play time this week. Cash was one of the better prospects from the UDFAs
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 26286
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably biased, but would prefer Cook over Fournette.
Jamal Adams is another option. A game changing safety would be huge for us.
_________________

JF16 Forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cypher


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
I'm probably biased, but would prefer Cook over Fournette.
Jamal Adams is another option. A game changing safety would be huge for us.


I don't have a "team" in college, but I concur. I'd take Cook over Fournette without any hesitation.
_________________

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lasus83


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3346
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
I'm probably biased, but would prefer Cook over Fournette.
Jamal Adams is another option. A game changing safety would be huge for us.


hah... I saw a mock the other day that had us taking Adams in the first and Cook in the 2nd. I thought "no effing way cook lasts that long"... but you never know. I think we would all be stoked for a scenario like that.

After watching the versatility of Cook yesterday, it is hard to argue that the guy has talent commiserate with the likes of Fournette... but it's been a while since I saw Fournette... and when I youtube him, and see the devastation he lays on defenders, it is hard to think that anyone in the NCAA can compare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiNV7K9nozs
_________________
Carolina Panthers

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lasus83


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3346
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be picking 8th now.

Lotsa available talent in that range.

Ideal 1st 2 rounds:
1. Trade up to 5th to get a slipping Miles Garrett*
2. Dalvin Cook

Realistic prediction
1. Leonard Fournette
2. Roderick Johnson

* Garret slipping to the 5th would need an early QB Run by the browns, bears and Niners. Then Allen going to Jax. No way LA passes... Really, no way he slips to 5th but I did say "Ideal". Lowest he goes is probably 4th and that, too, assumes QBs go 1 and 2 and allen goes 3.
_________________
Carolina Panthers

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
cpanthers178990


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 3335
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on board with Cook, DE, or OT. Maybe even QB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lasus83


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3346
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
I'm on board with Cook, DE, or OT. Maybe even QB.


Sure...

Trade Cam to cleveland for their two 1sts this year and a 1st next year.

Pick up Garrett #1, Watson at 8 and cook at 10.

Roderick Johnson in the 2nd.

While we are at it, trade KB for a late 1st.

Sign Kalil and Alshon Jeffrey.

Use the KB pick and our 2 3rds to trade back up and get Jabril Peppers...

Madden Offseason Done.
_________________
Carolina Panthers

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
cpanthers178990


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 3335
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
I'm on board with Cook, DE, or OT. Maybe even QB.


Sure...

Trade Cam to cleveland for their two 1sts this year and a 1st next year.

Pick up Garrett #1, Watson at 8 and cook at 10.

Roderick Johnson in the 2nd.

While we are at it, trade KB for a late 1st.

Sign Kalil and Alshon Jeffrey.

Use the KB pick and our 2 3rds to trade back up and get Jabril Peppers...

Madden Offseason Done.




Where is the trade for Justin Tucker?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
faccda01


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 4209
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cook flew up the draft board after his game on NYE. That guy looks special, and like most on this board, I think he could be better than Fournette.

I'd take either, then maybe go back to back OL in 2 and 3.

Do we get an extra 3rd as a compensatory pick from losing Norman?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yesweCAM


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Posts: 317
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
I'm on board with Cook, DE, or OT. Maybe even QB.


Sure...

Trade Cam to cleveland for their two 1sts this year and a 1st next year.

Pick up Garrett #1, Watson at 8 and cook at 10.

Roderick Johnson in the 2nd.

While we are at it, trade KB for a late 1st.

Sign Kalil and Alshon Jeffrey.

Use the KB pick and our 2 3rds to trade back up and get Jabril Peppers...

Madden Offseason Done.




Where is the trade for Justin Tucker?!


Shoot with all the cap room we have, we can sign leveon bell, eric berry and chandler jones along with trading for tucker. Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mind Character


Joined: 23 Dec 2016
Posts: 306
Location: N/a
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns fan here. That Cam trade is hilarious stuff. Seriously though I'm of the opinion that you all or the Bengals take one of our top four guys at the 12th pick (Solomon Thomas, Takk Mckinley, Reuben Foster, Jamal Adams) assuming they make it to 8. Question though: What defensive scheme do yall run 34 or 43?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lasus83


Joined: 09 Mar 2006
Posts: 3346
Location: Charlotte, NC
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Character wrote:
Browns fan here. That Cam trade is hilarious stuff. Seriously though I'm of the opinion that you all or the Bengals take one of our top four guys at the 12th pick (Solomon Thomas, Takk Mckinley, Reuben Foster, Jamal Adams) assuming they make it to 8. Question though: What defensive scheme do yall run 34 or 43?


4-3 and a good amount of nickel.
_________________
Carolina Panthers

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group