Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade the top pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HanShotFirst


Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Mos Eisley Cantina
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I've changed my stance on trading down, but that's because of how insanely deep this draft is. It's either Myles or trade down for me.


Same for me. Would love a trade with Thr bears because then there is a chance we still get Garret


Every year at this time there seem to be a couple of QBs whose hype lead them to eventually be taken first or second overall. This was the scenario last year which caused Joey Bosa fell to SD.

If teams like SF and Chicago do not address QB in free agency there are currently few options for second round QBs. This could lead more teams to draft QBs too early. If Chicago panics and trades with us to jump SF for their QB that would cause other potentially superior talent to fall. Dare I hope that it falls to Cleveland?
_________________
Go Browns ~ Win Tribe ~ Cavs!

HanShotFirst is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 18843
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HanShotFirst wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I've changed my stance on trading down, but that's because of how insanely deep this draft is. It's either Myles or trade down for me.


Same for me. Would love a trade with Thr bears because then there is a chance we still get Garret


Every year at this time there seem to be a couple of QBs whose hype lead them to eventually be taken first or second overall. This was the scenario last year which caused Joey Bosa fell to SD.

If teams like SF and Chicago do not address QB in free agency there are currently few options for second round QBs. This could lead more teams to draft QBs too early. If Chicago panics and trades with us to jump SF for their QB that would cause other potentially superior talent to fall. Dare I hope that it falls to Cleveland?


Yeah if we can convince the bears to trade with us to Jump the 49ers we might still get Garret plus pick up a extra 2nd this year and change
_________________


Alternative facts (aka Trump facts) The Cleveland Browns are the greatest franchise in all of sports history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NudeTayne


Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 94
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
HanShotFirst wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
I've changed my stance on trading down, but that's because of how insanely deep this draft is. It's either Myles or trade down for me.


Same for me. Would love a trade with Thr bears because then there is a chance we still get Garret


Every year at this time there seem to be a couple of QBs whose hype lead them to eventually be taken first or second overall. This was the scenario last year which caused Joey Bosa fell to SD.

If teams like SF and Chicago do not address QB in free agency there are currently few options for second round QBs. This could lead more teams to draft QBs too early. If Chicago panics and trades with us to jump SF for their QB that would cause other potentially superior talent to fall. Dare I hope that it falls to Cleveland?


Yeah if we can convince the bears to trade with us to Jump the 49ers we might still get Garret plus pick up a extra 2nd this year and change


Which leads to the hidden question: Would it be more advantageous to have Myles Garrett or Jonathon Allen/#34/2018 2nd?
_________________
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
don't need Malik H*****. He's clearly injury prone. Can't even stay healthy for the combine. How is he suppose to play in NFL game?? He's overrated anyway. Only reason he's hyped on here is because OSU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wukusimw


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 654
Location: Vermilion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of Garrett, probably cuz I love Bosa, but he really does have everything to be one of the best. Once he starts making money and is going all out he is going to dominate and can change our defense like Bosa did for SD. I'm not sure if our offense got a yard in the 2nd half until Kessler came in.

There are other edge players that are promising pass rushers, but not one of them looks like they can also be dominant run defenders like Garrett can be. What they lack is his size/length.

Allen would be tempting.

Might trade down with a team that'll give up a '18 1st and a 2nd in the least if I think they will have a top 5 pick next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HanShotFirst


Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Mos Eisley Cantina
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NudeTayne"

Yeah if we can convince the bears to trade with us to Jump the 49ers we might still get Garret plus pick up a extra 2nd this year and change[/quote]

Which leads to the hidden question: Would it be more advantageous to have Myles Garrett or Jonathon Allen/#34/2018 2nd?[/quote]

For me the Garrett>Allen but not by much. Gaining another pick (which likely would be a top of the round pick) and Allen > Garrett.
_________________
Go Browns ~ Win Tribe ~ Cavs!

HanShotFirst is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cortes02


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 2572
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) QB
2) DEFENSE
3) OFFENSE

The above looks like a joke but it's not. Never have I seen any football team need as much as the Browns do right now. BPA every pick.


Peace!!!
_________________

Sig By ReggieCamp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ohiogenius


Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 5535
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
1) QB
2) DEFENSE
3) OFFENSE

The above looks like a joke but it's not. Never have I seen any football team need as much as the Browns do right now. BPA every pick.


Peace!!!

If you go BPA then you cant justify a QB at 1 as of now

Things obviously can change in the lead up to the draft
_________________
BwickBrownie wrote:
cortes02 wrote:
Would JPP fit in the 3-4??

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bruceb


Joined: 15 Dec 2006
Posts: 7379
Location: Rocky River, OH
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cortes02 wrote:
1) QB
2) DEFENSE
3) OFFENSE

The above looks like a joke but it's not. Never have I seen any football team need as much as the Browns do right now. BPA every pick.


Peace!!!


There is no QB who is BPA at No. 1
_________________
Everything happens exactly the way it is supposed to happen...otherwise, it would happen some other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 3259
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theoretically, imagine the Browns had a guy right at the top of their board that for some reason they felt would go late in the first. Say they decided the roster was so weak that they would absolutely milk the #1 pick and trade back multiple times all the way to the backend of the first and would then take that player at just for example, pick #25.

Just how crazy of a haul of early future picks (1st, 2nds and 3rds only) could they actually stockpile along the way from 1 to 25?

It would never happen of course, but I just wonder what kind of serious roster quality a team could really add from that first pick and the value of trading all the way back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 8846
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
Theoretically, imagine the Browns had a guy right at the top of their board that for some reason they felt would go late in the first. Say they decided the roster was so weak that they would absolutely milk the #1 pick and trade back multiple times all the way to the backend of the first and would then take that player at just for example, pick #25.

Just how crazy of a haul of early future picks (1st, 2nds and 3rds only) could they actually stockpile along the way from 1 to 25?

It would never happen of course, but I just wonder what kind of serious roster quality a team could really add from that first pick and the value of trading all the way back.


Why do you say it would never happen? It basically happened just last year trading back from 2 to 8, then 8 to 15.

I am in favor of doing this. I liked doing it last year, and I am in favor of doing this ONE more time.
_________________
2014 draft prediction:

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dawgdish


Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 2695
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
Theoretically, imagine the Browns had a guy right at the top of their board that for some reason they felt would go late in the first. Say they decided the roster was so weak that they would absolutely milk the #1 pick and trade back multiple times all the way to the backend of the first and would then take that player at just for example, pick #25.

Just how crazy of a haul of early future picks (1st, 2nds and 3rds only) could they actually stockpile along the way from 1 to 25?

It would never happen of course, but I just wonder what kind of serious roster quality a team could really add from that first pick and the value of trading all the way back.


Why do you say it would never happen? It basically happened just last year trading back from 2 to 8, then 8 to 15.

I am in favor of doing this. I liked doing it last year, and I am in favor of doing this ONE more time.


We have proven without a doubt that trading back from high slots to take the Colemans and Phil Taylors of the world isn't a winning strategy. I would love it if just one time we grabbed ourselves a blue chip player. If we draft well (a big if), we have enough picks already...when do we stop trying to stockpile for the future and start trying to take fearsome weapons now?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poorbytehshore


Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 3259
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
Theoretically, imagine the Browns had a guy right at the top of their board that for some reason they felt would go late in the first. Say they decided the roster was so weak that they would absolutely milk the #1 pick and trade back multiple times all the way to the backend of the first and would then take that player at just for example, pick #25.

Just how crazy of a haul of early future picks (1st, 2nds and 3rds only) could they actually stockpile along the way from 1 to 25?

It would never happen of course, but I just wonder what kind of serious roster quality a team could really add from that first pick and the value of trading all the way back.


Why do you say it would never happen? It basically happened just last year trading back from 2 to 8, then 8 to 15.

I am in favor of doing this. I liked doing it last year, and I am in favor of doing this ONE more time.


duke, I should have clarified, I meant numerous trade downs of smaller disparity than 2 to 8 and 8 to 15.

Something like:

1 to 3 to give Bears their QB.
3 to 6/7 or so to a team that is enamoured with someone.
7 to 10/11 to a team that wants one of the RBs.
11 to 16 to a team that wants one of the WRs.

And so on.

Fairly sure that would never happen to that degree, but the haul would be insanity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 8846
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgdish wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
Theoretically, imagine the Browns had a guy right at the top of their board that for some reason they felt would go late in the first. Say they decided the roster was so weak that they would absolutely milk the #1 pick and trade back multiple times all the way to the backend of the first and would then take that player at just for example, pick #25.

Just how crazy of a haul of early future picks (1st, 2nds and 3rds only) could they actually stockpile along the way from 1 to 25?

It would never happen of course, but I just wonder what kind of serious roster quality a team could really add from that first pick and the value of trading all the way back.


Why do you say it would never happen? It basically happened just last year trading back from 2 to 8, then 8 to 15.

I am in favor of doing this. I liked doing it last year, and I am in favor of doing this ONE more time.


We have proven without a doubt that trading back from high slots to take the Colemans and Phil Taylors of the world isn't a winning strategy. I would love it if just one time we grabbed ourselves a blue chip player. If we draft well (a big if), we have enough picks already...when do we stop trying to stockpile for the future and start trying to take fearsome weapons now?


You know what else is proven with this franchise? We draft horribly when we stand pat and make our picks or when we trade up. Trich, Brown, Warren, Mingo................................list goes on
_________________
2014 draft prediction:

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duke2056


Joined: 21 Feb 2005
Posts: 8846
Location: Cleveland area
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poorbytehshore wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
Theoretically, imagine the Browns had a guy right at the top of their board that for some reason they felt would go late in the first. Say they decided the roster was so weak that they would absolutely milk the #1 pick and trade back multiple times all the way to the backend of the first and would then take that player at just for example, pick #25.

Just how crazy of a haul of early future picks (1st, 2nds and 3rds only) could they actually stockpile along the way from 1 to 25?

It would never happen of course, but I just wonder what kind of serious roster quality a team could really add from that first pick and the value of trading all the way back.


Why do you say it would never happen? It basically happened just last year trading back from 2 to 8, then 8 to 15.

I am in favor of doing this. I liked doing it last year, and I am in favor of doing this ONE more time.


duke, I should have clarified, I meant numerous trade downs of smaller disparity than 2 to 8 and 8 to 15.

Something like:

1 to 3 to give Bears their QB.
3 to 6/7 or so to a team that is enamoured with someone.
7 to 10/11 to a team that wants one of the RBs.
11 to 16 to a team that wants one of the WRs.

And so on.

Fairly sure that would never happen to that degree, but the haul would be insanity.


Only if every team overpaid. Trading down from 1 to 16 is going to net you right about the same amount as several trade downs to get there.
_________________
2014 draft prediction:

Zero chance the Browns draft a QB at pick 4, or trade up for a QB.

And Matt Ryan is so great he has one playoff win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dawgdish


Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 2695
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
dawgdish wrote:
duke2056 wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
Theoretically, imagine the Browns had a guy right at the top of their board that for some reason they felt would go late in the first. Say they decided the roster was so weak that they would absolutely milk the #1 pick and trade back multiple times all the way to the backend of the first and would then take that player at just for example, pick #25.

Just how crazy of a haul of early future picks (1st, 2nds and 3rds only) could they actually stockpile along the way from 1 to 25?

It would never happen of course, but I just wonder what kind of serious roster quality a team could really add from that first pick and the value of trading all the way back.


Why do you say it would never happen? It basically happened just last year trading back from 2 to 8, then 8 to 15.

I am in favor of doing this. I liked doing it last year, and I am in favor of doing this ONE more time.


We have proven without a doubt that trading back from high slots to take the Colemans and Phil Taylors of the world isn't a winning strategy. I would love it if just one time we grabbed ourselves a blue chip player. If we draft well (a big if), we have enough picks already...when do we stop trying to stockpile for the future and start trying to take fearsome weapons now?


You know what else is proven with this franchise? We draft horribly when we stand pat and make our picks or when we trade up. Trich, Brown, Warren, Mingo................................list goes on


True enough...we've proven that we draft horribly no matter where we pick! I'd wager the odds are higher of getting a "can't miss" guy by staying up high and picking a Garrett, though, just as we did with JT.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group