You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade the top pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I've changed my stance on trading down, but that's because of how insanely deep this draft is. It's either Myles or trade down for me.

I'd be happy with Garrett, however history tells me that if we can slide back a few spots and pick up a high 2nd (I know everyone and their mother wants a million firsts to trade back), we are more than likely better off with those picks, and more than likely to hit on those picks vs staying at #1.

Looking at who is drafting behind us, however, I don't know how likely it will be to find a trade partner. I think the only way we attract a trade is if multiple teams fall in love with whoever ends up being the consensus #1 QB and wants to move ahead of the rest to take him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going to stay at #1, I want Allen.

I have pimped for him before, and then I read this and felt constrained to pimp for him again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2685046-broken-childhood-and-controlled-rage-fuel-jonathan-allen-the-unstoppable-force

Good person. Solid citizen. A leader. And one hell of a football player.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

I have pimped for him before, and then I read this and felt constrained to pimp for him again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2685046-broken-childhood-and-controlled-rage-fuel-jonathan-allen-the-unstoppable-force

If we draft Allen 1, Derek Barnett MUST be taken at 12.
bruceb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

If we draft Allen 1, Derek Barnett MUST be taken at 12.

Inclined to agree. With Shelton's improvement and the promise shown by Ogbah and Nassib, we would dominate on one side of the trenches.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

If I know I can get Barnett, or Tanoh later, I'd go Allen #1. I'd love to see Allen, Collins, Nassib, Ogbah and Barnett/Tanoh getting after the QB on 3rd down.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
bruceb wrote:

If I know I can get Barnett, or Tanoh later, I'd go Allen #1. I'd love to see Allen, Collins, Nassib, Ogbah and Barnett/Tanoh getting after the QB on 3rd down.

Would make whoever is in our DB better, too.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett #1.
brownie man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Garrett #1.

This

You gotta account for the fact that Allen is a senior while Garrett is a true junior.

I think if you had Garrett develop even more and play a senior year then compare that to Allen this year I think we wouldn't have a conversation.

Allen as a junior might have gone top 20 last year.

Garrett is worth the number one pick right now as a junior.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
pnies20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

Garrett is the same type of person.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

yeah, we really can't go wrong, well unless we draft a bust. Great guys, seem to be great leaders, and hopeful cornerstones to a franchise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

yeah, we really can't go wrong, well unless we draft a bust. Great guys, seem to be great leaders, and hopeful cornerstones to a franchise.

Deshaun Watson is the only crippling mistake I think we could make at #1, but I seriously seriously seriously doubt we even consider doing that.

Garrett=85%
Trade Down=5%
Allen=5%
Trubisky=5%

That's what I'd put the odds on right now. Pretty sure we're going Garrett, but I wouldn't heave something through my TV if we went with the other 3 options above. I think it's a mistake to not take Garrett, but as long as we come away with a good player, it immediately becomes the best draft we've had in years. I'm coming around a little more on Jonathan Allen, but I don't think he can play 3-4 DE. I'd want him to play 3T in a 4-3 defense. He schools guards in 1-1 situations. And is an impact run defender across the defensive front if he's not doubled.
Brownsfan52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:

I agree w/Allen as well, he is personally my #1 choice at this point. Garrett is outstanding and is well well worth the #1 pick, if we select him, I'll be thrilled.

But the reason you pick Allen when you have the choice of anyone in the draft is b/c of his versatility and how it would impact the defensive side of the ball as it relates to our current defensive roster. Allen is not a full-time stand-up OLB in our Base 34 front, he's a DE 80% of the time, but his agility gives Horton the flexibility to stand him up in certain scenario's (short distance, obvious power run plays) and you can play him on either side. Add him to the front w/Shelton, Ogbah, and hopefully Desmond Bryant returning next season - very athletic core, but still somewhat thin.

We don't know what Orchard is made of yet, but he'll be back. There are others on the roster and available later in the draft who can help as well.

Just my $.02
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Allen but I don't think he will be a top 3 guy at his position like I do with Garrett.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
H2ThaIzzo wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
bruceb wrote:

Deshaun Watson is the only crippling mistake I think we could make at #1, but I seriously seriously seriously doubt we even consider doing that.

Garrett=85%
Trade Down=5%
Allen=5%
Trubisky=5%

That's what I'd put the odds on right now. Pretty sure we're going Garrett, but I wouldn't heave something through my TV if we went with the other 3 options above. I think it's a mistake to not take Garrett, but as long as we come away with a good player, it immediately becomes the best draft we've had in years. I'm coming around a little more on Jonathan Allen, but I don't think he can play 3-4 DE. I'd want him to play 3T in a 4-3 defense. He schools guards in 1-1 situations. And is an impact run defender across the defensive front if he's not doubled.

I don't want Trub!

If we want take a QB early just take the best of who is left out of Kizer, Watson or Trub at 12.
Browns1987

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Somerville ‏@SomervilleCLE 2 h
Based on what I'm hearing lately, I won't be surprised if Mitch Trubisky decides to return to Chapel Hill.

Dont know who he is, but big if true. We would be 100% not taking QB at #1.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: