Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade the top pick?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brooks1957

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Trade the top pick? Reply with quote

No, no , and hell no..........

I am good with any other pick being offered - but not this one. This is a draft deep in defensive stars, and you could get more in return for this pick than any other.

BUT - but you have a clear cut game changer at the top of the draft. Myles Garrett is the kind of player that will keep offensive coordinators up at night, the kind of player that must be accounted for on every snap, the kind of player that has been used against us for too long, the kind of player we have longed for forever.........

Suggesting we trade this pick would be the equivalent of suggesting the Cavs should have traded away the number one pick in 2003. Keeping that pick has kind of worked out.

So - DON'T get stupid and follow the advice of this author. For once, don't overthink this. You have worked too hard this season to blow the top pick now.

Draft Myles Garrett and walk away happy.

http://nflmocks.com/2016/12/26/nfl-draft-cleveland-browns-trade-back/
Browns1987

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Garrett is there, dont trade it.
If we pick #2 then I dont care. Picking #2 or #8 is the same, there is only one player above the rest.

Allen
Foster
Fournette
Adams
Trubisky
Tabor
Humphrey
Peppers

Those are pretty much on the same level.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the only way I would remotely be content with trading the #1 overall pick this year would be if we got back two 1st, two 2nds and two 3rds and still stayed in the Top 6.

Jamison on the sig
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
If Garrett is there, dont trade it.
If we pick #2 then I dont care. Picking #2 or #8 is the same, there is only one player above the rest.

Allen
Foster
Fournette
Adams
Trubisky
Tabor
Humphrey
Peppers

Those are pretty much on the same level.

I heard somebody say the same thing but my belief is that that is only the notion right now. Wait until after the pro days and combine. A lot of that cluster of talent from #2-#15 will get sorted out and tiered.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Yeah the only way I would remotely be content with trading the #1 overall pick this year would be if we got back two 1st, two 2nds and two 3rds and still stayed in the Top 6.

With as many holes as we have, if we can get a deal like this, we'd be crazy not to jump on it.

'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

I'd do it for a top 6ish pick this year, a second this year and a first and third next year.

That would leave us with 2 firsts and 3 seconds this year as well as 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds next year.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we trade #1. Hypothetically, If Garrett wasn't in this draft, you trade it for a ridiculous amount because these QBs are garbage.

#1 for anything #3-6, say if jets want to jump SF to take Trubisky, force them or any other suitor to give us their 2nd and 1st and 3rd next year. So we'd probably have two top 10 picks 2 years in a row. That's a pretty good way to build a team if you can draft right.

But Garrett is our pick so absolutely not.

I can see us trading our Eagles pick if we pick at 8. They are preparing for anything from 8-15 and will be comfortable with several players in that range. If we can get a #1 next year I'd be ok with that.

1 and 15 this year and maybe ~10 and ~20 next year.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: fdEWD Reply with quote

I would handle any trade backs like this; it is on our terms only. There are no counter offers. There is no "we'll get back to you" either. If someone wants to move up to take a QB and we have the potential to lose out on Garret then guess what it's gonna take a lot more than 2 1sts 2 2nds and a 3rd. I'd go 2017 1st, 2nd, 3rd 2018 1st 2nd 3rd, and finally 2019 2nd and 3rd. That is if we are still in the top 5. Add another 1st in 2019 if it is out of the top 5 maybe players too. If whoever doesn't want it then guess what, pick Garret. As you can tell I really don't want to trade back.

Boom!

That is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Browns1987

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting #1 and having 49ers right behind you is perfect if you want to trade back for a QB hungry team. They know that the best QB wont get past 49ers if we take Garrett and could sell the farm for it.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in hell they should trade this pick. Garrett is a no brainer of a pick here. He is the census #1 overall player.

We also complain about the Browns screwing up their 1st rd picks, well they cant screw it up if they take the obvious player.

The only way I would consider trading the pick is if some stupid GM completely over pays for the pick. Like over pays so bad it makes what the redskins payed to the rams look like nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the top pick. I'm open to trading the Eagles pick if Jamal Adams & Reuben Foster are gone.

But if we trade away a chance at Garrett, I'm going to sever Sashi's head.
Browns1987

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
No way in hell they should trade this pick. Garrett is a no brainer of a pick here. He is the census #1 overall player.

We also complain about the Browns screwing up their 1st rd picks, well they cant screw it up if they take the obvious player.

The only way I would consider trading the pick is if some stupid GM completely over pays for the pick. Like over pays so bad it makes what the redskins payed to the rams look like nothing.

I agree that we should take Garrett, but its not like if a "sure thing" has never been a bust before. It can always happen.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Keep the top pick. I'm open to trading the Eagles pick if Jamal Adams & Reuben Foster are gone.

But if we trade away a chance at Garrett, I'm going to sever Sashi's head.

BTC never fails in taking hyperbole 6 steps too far.

At least we've moved on from aborted baby fetuses to severing heads....

LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns1987 wrote:
buno67 wrote:

I agree that we should take Garrett, but its not like if a "sure thing" has never been a bust before. It can always happen.

What are you talking about? Every great prospect succeeds, at least ones as good as Garrett. He's so good injuries couldn't slow him down.

I wouldn't trade our pick for 10 first rounders.

:/

candyman93

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

This.

I would need a truly monsterous haul for me to consider it.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: