You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2017 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:
I just feel signing Decker and not letting go Wallace would mean perriman is shelved one more year. I really want him out there starting and seeing what we really have. I mean im all for getting Decker, but I still think it would be at Wallaces expense. Id be happier getting some O line depth and rolling with maclin perriman and wallace

If there was quality OL depth to be had then sure. But there isn't. Clady would be a complete wildcard at RT and he's still a free agent for a reason. Franklin probably has to stick at OG at this point any the Ravens are set there. And then Mangold... nah.

I really don't think it would mean sticking Perriman to the bench either. Maclin is 29, Decker is 30, and Wallace is going to be 31 before the season. Those guys shouldn't be on the field for every snap and I think a good rotation could be made. Moore would be out of the loop but that's fine. He would have a chance to get in next season when Wallace is a free agent.

But if signing Decker did mean cutting Wallace I would be fine with that too. Fits Eric right into the cap savings opened up and he's a better receiver. As is Maclin. I don't think Mike is going to get cut though.
paraven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Peter King‏Verified account @SI_PeterKing 18m18 minutes ago

Peter King Retweeted Jamisson
Only a guess, but Baltimore.
Jamisson @jhiffner
@SI_PeterKing Can we have your best guess at where Eric Decker lands?

There you go COo. Even peter king thinks decker is coming to baltimore
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then Bisciotti:

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 1h1 hour ago
More
In conference call w/season ticket holders, Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti made it clear that adding another OL is the priority, not a WR.

Quote:
More
Bisciotti: "Id say that I dont think that we have room for a starter at WR now ... I think Im going to save that last punch for an OL."

Quote:
More
Bisciotti on adding an OL: "Weve got time, weve got some money and were quite sure that some offensive line help is going to shake out."

Quote:
More
Bisciotti on adding an OL: "Weve got time, weve got some money and were quite sure that some offensive line help is going to shake out."

Okay, great. Lets blow some cap space on a crappy offensive lineman just to say the Ravens got an offensive lineman.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Okay, great. Lets blow some cap space on a crappy offensive lineman just to say the Ravens got an offensive lineman.

May I remind you that James Hurst has been taking first team reps all offseason.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

May I remind you that James Hurst has been taking first team reps all offseason.

Yep. And the guys still out there suck just as bad. Almost inconceivable, but putting any of them out there at right tackle instead of Hurst isn't going to make a significant difference. Even if they're just depth guys. If Decker isn't in the plans, fine, but don't go and waste the money on a crappy offensive lineman instead. Just sitting on it would be the better move.

The Ravens punted the chance at a decent offensive tackle when they didn't take one earlier in the draft. Not that they were in a good spot to get one of course. Just move Lewis there and pray neither he or Stanley get dinged up. It's about all the team can do at this point.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially after watching the way they waited out the WR market for Maclin to emerge, seems kinda unfair to assume that them wanting to sign an OL means they're just going sign someone for the sake of signing someone.

Overall I think it makes sense to prioritize an OL signing over Decker or another wideout given we basically have only have room for one more signing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Especially after watching the way they waited out the WR market for Maclin to emerge, seems kinda unfair to assume that them wanting to sign an OL means they're just going sign someone for the sake of signing someone.

Overall I think it makes sense to prioritize an OL signing over Decker or another wideout given we basically have only have room for one more signing.

Good offensive linemen don't get cut though. Less of a chance of that happening than any other position besides quarterback, and maybe pass-rusher.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're likely right, and I'm not going to pretend to know a ton about the available linemen - they're all like Mangold to me, familiar names who might not have a lot left in the tank.

But I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt here if they do bring someone in. There's been a noticeable shift in recruitment this spring towards focusing on bringing in real difference makers rather than chasing JAGS. If we do bring a lineman in it'll be because they feel they're in a position to help.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're really going to turn down a receiving core of Decker, Maclin, and Wallace for a band aid offensive lineman or the off chance a decent one becomes available? Ozzie, please talk some sense into Steve.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
paraven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
They're really going to turn down a receiving core of Decker, Maclin, and Wallace for a band aid offensive lineman or the off chance a decent one becomes available? Ozzie, please talk some sense into Steve.

I always thought steve was hands off with these kind of things. Maybe a smokescreen? IDK it seemed odd he would be so specific about team needs.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Former NY Jets' WR Eric Decker is meeting today with the Tennessee Titans, as @fhnixon said. Tennessee had appeal to Decker family.

Which means Nashville has appeal to country(ish) singer Jessie James Decker, Eric's wife.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:

This isn't 2016, Breshad Perriman IS real.
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Former NY Jets' WR Eric Decker is meeting today with the Tennessee Titans, as @fhnixon said. Tennessee had appeal to Decker family.

Which means Nashville has appeal to country(ish) singer Jessie James Decker, Eric's wife.

Rotoworld says he lives there in the off-season
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Rotoworld says he lives there in the off-season

Makes sense. Jessie probably has to.

If Tennessee gets Decker their widout group is going to be really good. Him, Corey Davis, Rishard Matthews, and Taywan Taylor. Delanie Walker is pretty reliable at TE too. Nice situation for Mariota.
drd23

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans signed WR Eric Decker, formerly of the Jets, to a one-year contract.

The Jets continued their roster purge by dumping Decker last week. After fielding a relatively weak group last season, the Titans have beefed up their receiving corps this offseason by drafting Western Michigan standout Corey Davis with the fifth overall pick and now by scooping up Decker. Hip and shoulder issues limited Decker to just three games in 2016 but he's now at full health and should give Marcus Mariota another big body to throw to inside the red zone. The Titans are suddenly flush with pass-catchers with Decker, Davis, Rishard Matthews and Delanie Walker all slated for important roles.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 51 of 53

Jump to: