Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2017 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M.10.E

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I feel comfortable with Jensen at C. He's played OKAY in his time as a sub. Hurst scares me a bit. Probs going to see Boyle to his right quite often.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Maclin's deal is worth $11 million, which includes $6 million in the first year, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

6 Mil in first year. Yea someone is gonna be cut here soon
golfer1738

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:
Quote:
NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Maclin's deal is worth $11 million, which includes $6 million in the first year, per NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.

6 mil in year 1 likely also includes the SB which would be spread over both years

so something like $2m base, $4m SB would give him $6m in year 1 but only a $4m cap hit.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

golfer1738 wrote:
paraven wrote:
Quote:

6 mil in year 1 likely also includes the SB which would be spread over both years

so something like $2m base, $4m SB would give him $6m in year 1 but only a $4m cap hit.

Yep. The deal is right about what was expected. Very similar to Mike Wallace's deal, although I doubt they included a team option for the second year. Not if they wanted to convince Maclin to sign.

For what it's worth if the offensive line stays the same I think this will be the alignment:

Stanley/Siragusa/Jensen/Yanda/Lewis

With Urschel and Hurst (I just threw up) as the active backups since they both play multiple positions. Jensen can too so it wouldn't be a big surprise is Urschel started, but I'm going with the most physical starting group for now. Eluemunor is probably inactive most games as he's developing. If a 9th OL is kept then I would bet on it being Wesley.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 5m5 minutes ago

Flacco said Eric Decker would be a great addition, too. "I've seen what he can do."

Fight for him Joe!
dcarey20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 years, 11 mil is absolutely fine value and exactly what I was hoping for/expecting.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 29m29 minutes ago

Harbaugh said a lot of factors will go into deciding whether to pursue Eric Decker. Said Newsome will make that decision.

Come on Ozzie, you know it's the right thing to do.

Anyways, Watson is back practicing. Doesn't seem like he's going to be cut. If they were waiting for him to get healthy so the injury protection benefit didn't kick in then he would be gone by now. Gillmore hurt his hamstring last week and Williams still isn't practicing so that probably has something to do with it too.
M.10.E

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Harbaugh said a lot of factors will go into deciding whether to pursue Eric Decker. Said Newsome will make that decision.

Anyways, Watson is back practicing. Doesn't seem like he's going to be cut. If they were waiting for him to get healthy so the injury protection benefit didn't kick in then he would be gone by now. Gillmore hurt his hamstring last week and Williams still isn't practicing so that probably has something to do with it too.
Might be the most injury prone position group in the history of the NFL if we're being honest. It's absurd.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.10.E wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Might be the most injury prone position group in the history of the NFL if we're being honest. It's absurd.

I believe the Chargers offensive line will fight hard for that title, but I get your point.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/13/benjamin-watson-restructured-his-contract-last-week/

Quote:
Watson, who also has played for the Saints, Browns, and Patriots, accepted a restructured contract last week, per a source with knowledge of the situation. Previously due to make $3 million in 2017, Watson has reduced his base salary to $1.25 million. Of that amount, $750,000 is fully guaranteed.

The deal also has incentive thresholds that can bump his compensation up to a maximum of $3 million.

Ah. Perfectly reasonable to keep Watson around at that price. Should have opened up $1.75 million.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/13/benjamin-watson-restructured-his-contract-last-week/

Quote:
Watson, who also has played for the Saints, Browns, and Patriots, accepted a restructured contract last week, per a source with knowledge of the situation. Previously due to make $3 million in 2017, Watson has reduced his base salary to $1.25 million. Of that amount, $750,000 is fully guaranteed.

The deal also has incentive thresholds that can bump his compensation up to a maximum of $3 million.

Ah. Perfectly reasonable to keep Watson around at that price.

Nice. Good to have as a body at $1.25M.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 1m1 minute ago

For Ravens, RB Lorenzo Taliaferro was working at fullback today. Darren Waller remains at tight end. WR Vince Mayle is working with TEs

Looks like Taliaferro is getting a chance at FB. Good for him, although if Boyle can do it I would rather just have him in there.
Danand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 1m1 minute ago

For Ravens, RB Lorenzo Taliaferro was working at fullback today. Darren Waller remains at tight end. WR Vince Mayle is working with TEs

Looks like Taliaferro is getting a chance at FB. Good for him, although if Boyle can do it I would rather just have him in there.

I actually think Taliaferros best chance of staying in the NFL would be as a FB and special teamer. From what I saw, he is a pretty good wall on kickoff returns.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brian McFarland‏ @RavensSalaryCap 8m8 minutes ago
More
Brian McFarland Retweeted Playmaker
Had them at ~$5.5M under after Pitta/KyleA, so less ~$3.5M for Maclin + $540K Rof51 offset + $1.75M for Watson should put them ~$4.3M under

If that's not enough for a year-one Decker cap hit it's not far off. Moves will be made to have some buffer room anyways but they wouldn't be too costly.
paraven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
paraven wrote:
So lets say the ravens get decker. would that mean the end of wallace here in Baltimore? Seems hed be the odd man out, unless the confidence in Perriman is still low

No. It would mean that Baltimore's base offense would be a 3 WR set with 1 TE and 1 RB. As it should be with the allowances for offense these days. And with the Ravens not having a good FB (or the best in the league as has been the case) they really don't have to commit to big sets either. They can and would certainly still be utilized, but I don't think an offense built on those principles is going anywhere. Not these days. Defenses are too mobile and fast to try and beat them by going bigger, yet slower. And with more points being scored and quickly a team has to be able to respond in kind.

And the running game isn't good anyways. Woodhead will be catching passes and while West is solid, that's it. Dixon could come back and spark but a team isn't putting their eggs in his basket. Then there's the offensive line... but that could be an equally big impediment to the passing game. Still, Baltimore is poorly equipped to go with a more tradition base or 2-TE offense outside of having a plethora of tight ends. That was the basis for our earlier thinking, but with Pitta out and Maclin in there's a real chance to build a good modern-day offense. Even without Decker, but he would surely help. And rotating in 4 receivers isn't particularly difficult if 3 are seeing the field most of the time.

Keep in mind Wallace only has one year left. It's not like the Ravens are committed to him long-term and if Decker is brought in they won't be desperate to re-sign Mike next March. Moore would get bumped up to the 4th WR spot with Maclin, Decker, and Perriman as the starting 3. Could still draft one highly to replace Maclin and/or Decker the following season, but that's fine with me. Just continues the practice of keeping a good offense (hopefully) performing.

I just feel signing Decker and not letting go Wallace would mean perriman is shelved one more year. I really want him out there starting and seeing what we really have. I mean im all for getting Decker, but I still think it would be at Wallaces expense. Id be happier getting some O line depth and rolling with maclin perriman and wallace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 50 of 53

Jump to: