Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2017 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ravens signed four more undrafted free agents today:

WR Aaron Bailey
OL Roubbens Joseph
OLB Randy Allen
CB Jaylen Hill

Zrebiec said last week the team was trying to sign undrafted free agent safety Casey DeAndrade too. If it happens that would fill the roster up. This was from a week ago too:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/sports/20170508/unhs-deandrade-will-sign-deal-with-ravens

Quote:
The defensive back/return man from the University of New Hampshire didnít hear his name called during the April 27-29 draft, but he was given an opportunity to play in the NFL when the Baltimore Ravens extended him an invitation to try out at their rookie minicamp over the weekend.

He took advantage of it.

DeAndrade, who was catching a flight when reached by telephone on Sunday, confirmed that, pending a physical, he will be signing a contract with the Ravens.

He has some interesting stats, including 62 passes defended over his career. I don't care what level of competition it is that's a ton.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Surgery-Updates-on-CJ-Mosley-Maxx-Williams/ea68dc55-6579-4f48-af90-5c9bf86fb386

Quote:
Another injury update Harbaugh provided was in regards to tight end Maxx Williams, who missed most of last season with a knee injury. Williams went on season-ending injured reserve and then underwent a complicated surgery that Harbaugh said had never been performed before on a football player.

The surgery has been deemed a success, and Harbaugh said ďit looks like weíre going to have him full speed in training camp.Ē

Whoa. I don't think I ever looked into what the actual knee injury was. Must have been pretty serious. Now they just have to get Maxx on the field...
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz signed with the Bears today. I don't think the Ravens are or were too interested in any of the veteran receivers on the market. If they were I think one would have been brought in by now. Or traded for. Ideally somebody would be added ASAP to start building chemistry with Flacco. He's definitely a QB that needs it with his offensive weapons.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Victor Cruz signed with the Bears today. I don't think the Ravens are or were too interested in any of the veteran receivers on the market. If they were I think one would have been brought in by now. Or traded for. Ideally somebody would be added ASAP to start building chemistry with Flacco. He's definitely a QB that needs it with his offensive weapons.

Literally this morning, Cruz said on some radio station that it was down to two team, the Bears and the Ravens. My opinion was that he would have been a good pickup and filled a niche for us, the Ravens must have liked him to some degree too, given they were a finalist for him. Obviously didn't view him as a must get or anything.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Ravensí first-team offensive line will change once Yanda is inserted into the mix at right guard, but for now itís Ronnie Stanley at left tackle, Alex Lewis at left guard, Ryan Jensen at center, John Urschel at right guard and James Hurst at right tackle.

^From an article on the OTAs

Happy to see Ryan Jensen seemingly getting the first look at center. I think the best potential version of our line has him at center. Urschel should get reps there too, but I worry about his lack of size/power.

Not happy to see Hurst lining up with the 1's. I'm hoping that doesn't last long.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Literally this morning, Cruz said on some radio station that it was down to two team, the Bears and the Ravens. My opinion was that he would have been a good pickup and filled a niche for us, the Ravens must have liked him to some degree too, given they were a finalist for him. Obviously didn't view him as a must get or anything.

Didn't hear that. I haven't been following Cruz that closely. Very Happy

Still, like you said they didn't view him as a must get and I don't know who else they would either at this point.

That offensive line is concerning. If they're not getting Lewis as many reps at right tackle as they can, even if it is OTAs, that's not a good thing. They must be really holding onto hope someone else steps up at right tackle so they can keep him at left guard. For some reason. Going so far as to have Hurst there... man, Roman and D'Alessandris need to put their feet down. Get that bum off the team. I don't go quite that far with players very often but he's awful. Worse at tackle than the plethora of guys thrown out at defensive back the past few years.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
That offensive line is concerning. If they're not getting Lewis as many reps at right tackle as they can, even if it is OTAs, that's not a good thing. They must be really holding onto hope someone else steps up at right tackle so they can keep him at left guard. For some reason. Going so far as to have Hurst there... man, Roman and D'Alessandris need to put their feet down. Get that bum off the team. I don't go quite that far with players very often but he's awful. Worse at tackle than the plethora of guys thrown out at defensive back the past few years.

Well if they did put Lewis at RT already, then they'd basically signal that they are handing the guard job to someone like Goose2. While that is what I want to eventually see, I expect them to put out the old line with the first team right now. Alex Lewis wasn't lining up at guard this time last year, and he started there week 1, so Goose2 still has time to show he is one of the best 5 lineman.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Well if they did put Lewis at RT already, then they'd basically signal that they are handing the guard job to someone like Goose2. While that is what I want to eventually see, I expect them to put out the old line with the first team right now. Alex Lewis wasn't lining up at guard this time last year, and he started there week 1, so Goose2 still has time to show he is one of the best 5 lineman.

You have more faith in this coaching staff doing smart things than I do.
drd23

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Quote:
The Ravensí first-team offensive line will change once Yanda is inserted into the mix at right guard, but for now itís Ronnie Stanley at left tackle, Alex Lewis at left guard, Ryan Jensen at center, John Urschel at right guard and James Hurst at right tackle.

Happy to see Ryan Jensen seemingly getting the first look at center. I think the best potential version of our line has him at center. Urschel should get reps there too, but I worry about his lack of size/power.

Not happy to see Hurst lining up with the 1's. I'm hoping that doesn't last long.

I must admit I can't recall seeing much of Jensen. What exactly has he done to engender the amount of trust/faith he seemingly has among Ravens fans that he'll be even a decent C?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
I must admit I can't recall seeing much of Jensen. What exactly has he done to engender the amount of trust/faith he seemingly has among Ravens fans that he'll be even a decent C?

Jensen did well starting towards the end of the 2015 season if I remember correctly. Don't think he was too impressive last year and it seemed like he fell out of favor after being put on the inactive list.

I'm not sure what to think of Ryan. He's definitely in the stronger, nastier mold that the team seems to want especially with Roman brought in even though he's coaching tight ends and D'Alessandris is the official OL coach.

But can he be a good center? Eh. His good stretches in the past came at guard (after the conversion projects to tackle and center were scrapped) so I'm not particularly excited about him there. At the same time I don't like Urschel at center either. That leaves Skura and Kublanow, or trying to convert Siragusa. No good solution here. Might as well put Jensen and Urschel in a legitimate competition for the starting center spot and see if either does better with hopefully (much) better coaching aiding them.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Quote:

Good question. I've been seeing posts, on various sites, about Jensen needing to be our starting Center since his rookie year, yet I don't think he's ever even taken a snap in that position.

As a Guard, he's had some good moments when filling in, but some bad ones too. Right now, I don't even know if he's worth keeping as a backup, let alone as a potential starter. If he's getting reps at Center now in OTAs, then hopefully he makes the most of them.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Good question. I've been seeing posts, on various sites, about Jensen needing to be our starting Center since his rookie year, yet I don't think he's ever even taken a snap in that position.

We probably would have been much better off if he had. Outside the Kubiak year, it's been an unmitigated disaster at that spot since he was drafted in 2013. The biggest issue has been that Zuttah and Gino Gradkowski before him have been pushed back way too easily. It really messes up Flacco or any QB when they don't have a pocket to step into. Definitely a contributing factor to those awful back foot throws we've been seeing. Not to mention the running game always bouncing outside since we can't go forward.

My fear with Urschel is that he will have similar issues with size/strength at that spot. Jensen is definitely physically bigger, and based on the push I remember him getting on the field, might have the strength to hold the point better.

I agree that we actually need to see if he can handle the technique needed for the position. He could be capable of learning how to snap and make the calls. I don't know if Urschel is capable of being a guy who holds up against the better DTs. Hence, why I'm happy the former is getting the reps.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

We probably would have been much better off if he had. Outside the Kubiak year, it's been an unmitigated disaster at that spot since he was drafted in 2013. The biggest issue has been that Zuttah and Gino Gradkowski before him have been pushed back way too easily. It really messes up Flacco or any QB when they don't have a pocket to step into. Definitely a contributing factor to those awful back foot throws we've been seeing. Not to mention the running game always bouncing outside since we can't go forward.

My fear with Urschel is that he will have similar issues with size/strength at that spot. Jensen is definitely physically bigger, and based on the push I remember him getting on the field, might have the strength to hold the point better.

I agree that we actually need to see if he can handle the technique needed for the position. He could be capable of learning how to snap and make the calls. I don't know if Urschel is capable of being a guy who holds up against the better DTs. Hence, why I'm happy the former is getting the reps.

Jensen is definitely stronger/nastier than some of those other options.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Maclin? Jeremy Maclin. Go go go.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Jeremy Maclin? Jeremy Maclin. Go go go.

Isn't he labeled as a burner? Why would we go after him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 44 of 53

Jump to: