Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2017 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danand

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
I think we should go after Marquis Lee.

Ozzie just trade a 3rd round pick for Sammy Watkins...jesus christ!

If anything, we should give a 3rd round pick to get Jarvis Landry. Watkins is injured and offers the exact same thing we already have. Landry is ideal as a physical, sure handed receiver ved YAC ability and return ability.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
My preference would be to just roll forward with what the team has. Throw Perriman, Moore, Campanaro, etc. onto the field and into a bunch of snaps. Start building for the future. Not real interested in a one-year bandaid like Boldin. I thought Floyd might have some potential beyond that but he's gone. Cruz is only 30 so he might be able to stick around for two or three years... if healthy.

I'm starting to think we go with a main four of Wallace, Perriman, Moore and Camp with White making the team as a returner, then we have a s-ton of TE on the roster. Pitta is essentially a possession receiver and Waller is a split out TE. Wallace, Williams, Gillmore and Doyle are the in-line guys. That said, I doubt they keep all six. I would guess that Wallace is a TC cut as insurance for unexpected injuries/suspensions through that point.

Ravens media is hyping Keenan Reynolds, saying he's developed a lot this last year. That doesn't mean a whole lot, but I'd like to see him prove himself and win a roster spot.

But I'm also happy for the Ravens to go into the season with what they have. Trading for a WR hasn't really produced results in the past, other than with Boldin. The only guys being suggested are potentially available for a reason - in the case of Watkins and Lee, it's because they spend more time hurt than they do healthy.

Just hold on to our draft picks, and target WR and RB in next year's draft. It looks like a good year for both, and if the defence and O-line pan out, those two positions will really be the final pieces for this team.

And for the TEs, I still think Ben Watson is a likely cut. 37 years old, coming off a serious injury, never played a snap for the team. I just don't see how they justify keeping him, when he offers nothing they don't already have. Pitta for the experience and reliable hands, Waller for the red zone threat, Williams for the athleticism, Boyle for blocking (and suspensions) and Gilmore offers a little of everything. Having said that, I'm not sure the Ravens even keep five TEs.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
My preference would be to just roll forward with what the team has. Throw Perriman, Moore, Campanaro, etc. onto the field and into a bunch of snaps. Start building for the future. Not real interested in a one-year bandaid like Boldin. I thought Floyd might have some potential beyond that but he's gone. Cruz is only 30 so he might be able to stick around for two or three years... if healthy.

I'm starting to think we go with a main four of Wallace, Perriman, Moore and Camp with White making the team as a returner, then we have a s-ton of TE on the roster. Pitta is essentially a possession receiver and Waller is a split out TE. Wallace, Williams, Gillmore and Doyle are the in-line guys. That said, I doubt they keep all six. I would guess that Wallace is a TC cut as insurance for unexpected injuries/suspensions through that point.

Ravens media is hyping Keenan Reynolds, saying he's developed a lot this last year. That doesn't mean a whole lot, but I'd like to see him prove himself and win a roster spot.

But I'm also happy for the Ravens to go into the season with what they have. Trading for a WR hasn't really produced results in the past, other than with Boldin. The only guys being suggested are potentially available for a reason - in the case of Watkins and Lee, it's because they spend more time hurt than they do healthy.

Just hold on to our draft picks, and target WR and RB in next year's draft. It looks like a good year for both, and if the defence and O-line pan out, those two positions will really be the final pieces for this team.

And for the TEs, I still think Ben Watson is a likely cut. 37 years old, coming off a serious injury, never played a snap for the team. I just don't see how they justify keeping him, when he offers nothing they don't already have. Pitta for the experience and reliable hands, Waller for the red zone threat, Williams for the athleticism, Boyle for blocking (and suspensions) and Gilmore offers a little of everything. Having said that, I'm not sure the Ravens even keep five TEs.

W/r/t trading for WR, I was going to say Lee Evans had like 600 yards in the season we traded for him, then I looked at his reference page and it was 4 catches for 74 yards in the regular season, not to mention the playoffs drop, so [inappropriate/removed] me I guess.

On the TE, I could easily see them keeping 5 if they go with 5 WR. Keep in mind there will be no FB on the roster either, so that povides an additional spot.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Maxx is the most athletic tight end on the roster. Even more so than Waller. If the Ravens are going to be splitting out guys out he should be foremost among them. Regardless of who it is hopefully that actually happens and it's not all Pitta all the time, but we can only wait and see I guess.

I don't disagree that he's their most athletic TE (maybe competing with Waller). I was just stating that he can be lined up on the line, whereas Pitta and Waller are almost useless in that capacity.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Art Stapleton‏Verified account @art_stapleton

Also hearing mutual interest with Victor Cruz and Ravens. I'm told sides working out details for an upcoming potential visit in Baltimore.

Eh. I suppose Cruz would be at the top of my list for free agent receivers but that's not saying much. He's only ahead of Stevie Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Anquan Boldin, and Andrew Hawkins. Would still prefer the Ravens to just roll with what they have but at least there's a chance Victor has something left in the tank. Didn't look like it this past season but after sitting and rehabbing for basically two years that's not a surprise.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Art Stapleton‏Verified account @art_stapleton

Also hearing mutual interest with Victor Cruz and Ravens. I'm told sides working out details for an upcoming potential visit in Baltimore.

Eh. I suppose Cruz would be at the top of my list for free agent receivers but that's not saying much. He's only ahead of Stevie Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Anquan Boldin, and Andrew Hawkins. Would still prefer the Ravens to just roll with what they have but at least there's a chance Victor has something left in the tank. Didn't look like it this past season but after sitting and rehabbing for basically two years that's not a surprise.

Gawd no! I'd rather have Anquan over him.
ilovecroissants

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl Washington won't be returning to the Cardinals. I think he's worth a flier for the ILB spot. Could be a Daryl Smith type signing for a couple years.
edmund_jags

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ilovecroissants wrote:
Daryl Washington won't be returning to the Cardinals. I think he's worth a flier for the ILB spot. Could be a Daryl Smith type signing for a couple years.

he has a DV incident in his past, no?
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edmund_jags wrote:
ilovecroissants wrote:

Unfortunately, yes. Why is Gerald Hodges still a FA? Bring him in.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
paraven

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
edmund_jags wrote:
ilovecroissants wrote:

I think the ravens are content letting Correa start at ILB, and id be surprised if we sign any more defensive players. I feel OL and WR are the only possibilities for FA acq's/trades. OL more so, I kind of want to see what Perriman and Moore can do. We know what Wallace is.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Royal released by the Bears. Could be an interesting option for the slot/possession role.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:

I think the ravens are content letting Correa start at ILB, and id be surprised if we sign any more defensive players. I feel OL and WR are the only possibilities for FA acq's/trades. OL more so, I kind of want to see what Perriman and Moore can do. We know what Wallace is.

Insurance for Mosley would make sense. I don't think Correa could handle those duties and is more of a complementary piece at ILB than anything else. Which is fine and all I want the other guy starting at that position to be, but C.J. has been nicked up in the past and if he goes down there isn't much depth. And the depth guys are more like Kamalei as complementary players anyways.

But... what about McClellan? I think he's the plan behind Mosley and it makes sense. With Suggs, Bowser, Williams, Judon, and Smith all on the edge moving Albert inside wouldn't hurt at all. And he might not be starting anyways if Tyus is ready to play early (I really hope he is). I'm not a big fan of his inside and think he really struggles in space, but if saving what little cap space the team currently has is important then I don't think the team has a ton of incentive to go after a veteran at that position.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
edmund_jags wrote:
ilovecroissants wrote:

Pass rusher is a more foundational/important position than ILB. Correa is probably a better OLB than ILB. Hodges is probably a better ILB than Correa. Hodges probably won't be too expensive.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
Pass rusher is a more foundational/important position than ILB. Correa is probably a better OLB than ILB. Hodges is probably a better ILB than Correa. Hodges probably won't be too expensive.

Correa isn't going back to OLB with Bowser, Williams, Judon, and Smith as young players already there. Not that he ever played OLB for the Ravens anyways. They started developing him as an ILB last year in training camp. For better or worse that's what the team views him as and where he will play.
ilovecroissants

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:

Correa isn't going back to OLB with Bowser, Williams, Judon, and Smith as young players already there. Not that he ever played OLB for the Ravens anyways. They started developing him as an ILB last year in training camp. For better or worse that's what the team views him as and where he will play.

Let's just hope he's not another Arthur Brown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 42 of 44

Jump to: