Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2017 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
I like corner in the second... receiver... or foster in the first... if Williams or Davis is there and foster is off the board... i don't see anther reasonable picc... if we truly believe in jobes and we like the Achilles medical i could see i us piccin him up... we have alot of success in achilles rehabs and piccing up carr could allow us to slow walk Jones bacc... Williams or Davis in the first Jones in the second.... start Jones on PUP... get him bacc around week eight as the number 4 corner with decent knowledge of the playbook hopefully... yeah i would like that alot

Week 8 in 2018 maybe. He's out for the year 100% if it was a full tear. Taking Jones in the first coming off that very recent injury would be crazy.
paraven

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:
I like corner in the second... receiver... or foster in the first... if Williams or Davis is there and foster is off the board... i don't see anther reasonable picc... if we truly believe in jobes and we like the Achilles medical i could see i us piccin him up... we have alot of success in achilles rehabs and piccing up carr could allow us to slow walk Jones bacc... Williams or Davis in the first Jones in the second.... start Jones on PUP... get him bacc around week eight as the number 4 corner with decent knowledge of the playbook hopefully... yeah i would like that alot

Week 8 in 2018 maybe. He's out for the year 100% if it was a full tear. Taking Jones in the first coming off that very recent injury would be crazy.

yea he is gonna miss the 2017 season, but Id imagine he will be back by the 2018 season. Honestly if a lot of top corners are gone by our second pick, I wouldn't be to upset with moving up in the 3rd to grab him, but IDK about second round.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

yea he is gonna miss the 2017 season, but Id imagine he will be back by the 2018 season. Honestly if a lot of top corners are gone by our second pick, I wouldn't be to upset with moving up in the 3rd to grab him, but IDK about second round.

I keep hearing 6 month recovery time.... that would mean September another two months on PUP meaning week 9 decision... but that's all hypothetical cause everybody heals different... i mean it happened so early in the process im pretty sure he has a chance for the second half of the regular season...
drd23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
paraven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

I keep hearing 6 month recovery time.... that would mean September another two months on PUP meaning week 9 decision... but that's all hypothetical cause everybody heals different... i mean it happened so early in the process im pretty sure he has a chance for the second half of the regular season...

I'd be surprised if an elite athlete that relies almost purely on that sort of explosive change of direction could be back to anywhere near full ability in 6 months, even with all the best PT he could get.

For most people, they really only begin running at the 5-6 month mark, let alone being able to do all the cutting/change of direction necessary to play CB.

For any team taking Sidney Jones, they (and their fans) shouldn't expect Jones to play before 2018 - anything before that would be a bonus.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:

For an Achilles injury? No way. This might be where that number is coming from:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uws-sidney-jones-could-be-a-steal-as-a-day-2-nfl-draft-pick-after-achilles-injury/

Quote:
At minimum, the recovery time for an Achilles tear takes six months before one can resume physical activity. Jones, depending on his progress, would then need time to train and get back into football shape. With that timeline, an NFL team drafting him would likely not expect him to be available for the 2017 season.

Getting time to train and get back in shape after than kind of injury is no short process. And the six months until resuming physical activity alone is at a bare minimum. Most players are out a solid year. Steve Smith's return for the start of the season after rupturing it at the start of the previous November is far from the norm. And he's also Steve Smith. Can't hold Jones to that standard.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson‏Verified account @AaronWilson_NFL

Kamar Aiken to Colts on one-year deal

Weird spot for him to go if he wants more targets. Hilton, Moncrief, and Doyle will surely be ahead of him. Dorsett too probably, although he and Aiken might be more even.

Also, I don't like the chances of a 1-year deal counting for the compensatory formula. With what appears to be low playing time/production coming and probably a small contract it's not going to hold much weight.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:

For an Achilles injury? No way. This might be where that number is coming from:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uws-sidney-jones-could-be-a-steal-as-a-day-2-nfl-draft-pick-after-achilles-injury/

Quote:
At minimum, the recovery time for an Achilles tear takes six months before one can resume physical activity. Jones, depending on his progress, would then need time to train and get back into football shape. With that timeline, an NFL team drafting him would likely not expect him to be available for the 2017 season.

Getting time to train and get back in shape after than kind of injury is no short process. And the six months until resuming physical activity alone is at a bare minimum. Most players are out a solid year. Steve Smith's return for the start of the season after rupturing it at the start of the previous November is far from the norm. And he's also Steve Smith. Can't hold Jones to that standard.

Well reports are that he could be back running as soon as four months... extremely optimistic outlook... but this modem medicine is something else... either way it should be interesting to see who is actually right
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
Well reports are that he could be back running as soon as four months... extremely optimistic outlook... but this modem medicine is something else... either way it should be interesting to see who is actually right

Yeah, I posted that in the draft thread. If so it wasn't a full tear like it was assumed. Same situation that Suggs was in a couple years ago when he partially tore his Achilles playing basketball around the draft and was back playing later in the year.

Quote:
Brian McFarland‏ @RavensSalaryCap 1m1 minute ago

Breakdown of Dennis Pitta's restructure. Deal is a straight paycut in 2017 and 2018, and includes no incentives:

McFarland has the Ravens sitting at $7,791,281 in cap space before any other cap adjustments. He believes after they get updated Baltimore will be sitting around $5.2 million in cap space. I think the team is about done in free agency. Watson and Arrington will be released when they can pass a physical to open up cap space for the draft picks/undrafted free agents and the usual buffer room for later in the season.
paraven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lack of pursuit for offensive weapons this offseason makes me think the ravens feel Perriman will be ready to be the #1... But I hope they arent putting all their eggs in that basket. Wallace is who is he, a nice compliment deep ball guy who will have big games then disappear for a few but not a #1.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 24m24 minutes ago

Sounds like Kamar Aiken's 1_year deal with Colts was for about 2.6 mill with $1.5 mill guaranteed. And 600k in per game roster bonuses

That's not awful. Might count as a loss for compensatory reasons although it won't be one of the top 32 that gets a pick for a team.
r_sayle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it wouldn't be a world beater signing but what about Victor Cruz??
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r_sayle wrote:
I know it wouldn't be a world beater signing but what about Victor Cruz??

i wouldn't necessarily be opposed but i would wait until the draft and/or camp cuts though.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought maybe Jeremy Butler could be a guy who was still floating around to bring back to the competition and help our depth in camp.

But, turns out the Bills signed him. That's a good place to go for opportunities and he'd know Tyrod and Dennison a bit. I still have a feeling he could be a guy who becomes a real player if everything breaks right.

TBH, if you are a young WR, Baltimore is the last place you want to go. We rotate and play the hot hand a lot at other spots, but our WR snaps seem largely dictated by veterancy and draft pedigree. I think some of Aiken's criticism is fair. Also doesn't help when you've never developed a WR better than Torrey Smith. I really hope we do a better job with Chris Moore, just getting him on the field.
paraven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I thought maybe Jeremy Butler could be a guy who was still floating around to bring back to the competition and help our depth in camp.

But, turns out the Bills signed him. That's a good place to go for opportunities and he'd know Tyrod and Dennison a bit. I still have a feeling he could be a guy who becomes a real player if everything breaks right.

TBH, if you are a young WR, Baltimore is the last place you want to go. We rotate and play the hot hand a lot at other spots, but our WR snaps seem largely dictated by veterancy and draft pedigree. I think some of Aiken's criticism is fair. Also doesn't help when you've never developed a WR better than Torrey Smith. I really hope we do a better job with Chris Moore, just getting him on the field.

chris moore should get time, right now he will be 3rd on the depth chart....
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time to give Kenny Bell a chance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 35 of 40

Jump to: