You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2017 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's historically healthier than Claiborne, which is a plus. A short term deal that makes me think the Ravens are definitely looking at CBs in the draft. Even in the first or second round, they can get a guy and not need him to start right away.

When thinking about him in Pees' system, it is a worry. But then it would be a worry with almost any CB. Pees does not put them in good positions to succeed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola amigos, looking for any info on Marqueston Huff that y'all can provide. We apparently signed him with Monopoly money as we dont have anything (officially) under the cap. Thanks.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
Hola amigos, looking for any info on Marqueston Huff that y'all can provide. We apparently signed him with Monopoly money as we dont have anything (officially) under the cap. Thanks.

He's a special teams guy. Decent, but nothing spectacular. The Ravens really value those kinds of guys so if they liked him in that capacity his restricted free agent tender wouldn't have been rescinded. If that's your only expectation from him I don't think you will be disappointed.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:

He's a special teams guy. Decent, but nothing spectacular. The Ravens really value those kinds of guys so if they liked him in that capacity his restricted free agent tender wouldn't have been rescinded. If that's your only expectation from him I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks man.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:

Yeah, he was barely here long enough to even really get a feel for him. But seems like a decent special teams guy, that's how he was used here. Not much more.
pmg8mm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:

Thanks man.

If you can find highlights from the Cincinnati (@ BAL) game this year, he had a big block on STs (I believe a punt return). Other than that, I don't know if I would want him starting on D, but think he would not be a liability for a few snaps per game there. Above-average STer.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
John Lynch‏Verified account @JohnLynch49ers

#Faithful - It's official! @JZutt7176 passed his physical. Welcome to the #49ers big fella! #brickbybrick

Dancing

Quote:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Jets are signing former #Cowboys CB Mo Claiborne to a 1-year deal worth $5M, source said. More than Dallas offered. Prove-it deal.

Think

Quote:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago

Free agent WR Kamar Aiken is visiting the #Colts today, source said. He visits the #Seahawks on Monday.

Confused
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

Quote:
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

The #Jets are signing former #Cowboys CB Mo Claiborne to a 1-year deal worth $5M, source said. More than Dallas offered. Prove-it deal.

Think

Still, not disappointed. Was never a big fan even in the draft when he was supposed to be this great prospect. Others may shrug it off, but I think a Wonderlic under 5 is a major obstacle for success.

I prefer the safer veteran. I know there is a segment of fans who don't like when we bring in veterans who likely have their best years behind them, but those type of moves have worked out so many times for us at great value, that I don't understand why people still doubt them.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Still, not disappointed. Was never a big fan even in the draft when he was supposed to be this great prospect. Others may shrug it off, but I think a Wonderlic under 5 is a major obstacle for success.

I prefer the safer veteran. I know there is a segment of fans who don't like when we bring in veterans who likely have their best years behind them, but those type of moves have worked out so many times for us at great value, that I don't understand why people still doubt them.

Cornerback is a different animal. That's not a position you want to see older players at. And Carr at 31 when the seasons starts is fairly, uh, seasoned for a cornerback. Not in a good way.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 6h6 hours ago

Brandon Carr's new deal with Ravens is four years for $23 million. $4 million guaranteed. FInal three years of deal are option years.

Now that's a good deal regardless for Carr and the risk going forward is minimal, but I'm not expecting a whole lot from him. Yet should still be better than Wright, Powers, and every other cornerback not named Smith or Young over the last two or three years. Don't get me wrong I like the idea of Smith, Carr, Young, and 1st or second round CB prospect. That latter bit is pretty important though.

What would be really nice is if Webb is brought back or a rangy safety (Baker?) is taken highly and the dime gets incorporated. Smith, Carr, Young, Weddle, Jefferson up as the dime, (rangy safety), and Mosley as the only linebacker has the makings of a tremendous coverage package. I still like the pass-rushing potential on the line too. But... you know.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Cornerback is a different animal. That's not a position you want to see older players at. And Carr at 31 when the seasons starts is fairly, uh, seasoned for a cornerback. Not in a good way.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 6h6 hours ago

Brandon Carr's new deal with Ravens is four years for $23 million. $4 million guaranteed. FInal three years of deal are option years.

Now that's a good deal regardless for Carr and the risk going forward is minimal, but I'm not expecting a whole lot from him. Yet should still be better than Wright, Powers, and every other cornerback not named Smith or Young over the last two or three years. Don't get me wrong I like the idea of Smith, Carr, Young, and 1st or second round CB prospect. That latter bit is pretty important though.

What would be really nice is if Webb is brought back or a rangy safety (Baker?) is taken highly and the dime gets incorporated. Smith, Carr, Young, Weddle, Jefferson up as the dime, (rangy safety), and Mosley as the only linebacker has the makings of a tremendous coverage package. I still like the pass-rushing potential on the line too. But... you know.

Would love Webb brought back on a cheap deal (assuming that's in the cards). Draft a first round guy and Will Likely late Smile then you've got:

CB: Smith, Carr, Young, 1st Rounder, Likely/Other depth or late rounder
S: Weddle, Jefferson, Levine
CB/S: Webb
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's just not a CB worth #16 outside of Lattimore IMO. The idea of a "1st round CB" is great, but that player has to be there. Unless you like the idea of Marlon Humphrey/Tre'Davious White/Gareon Conley/Quincy Wilson at #16, you don't really have an option of a 1st round CB.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
DreamKid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are some opinions out there on Matt Judon? Future Starter?, Ceiling? etc etc.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
there's just not a CB worth #16 outside of Lattimore IMO. The idea of a "1st round CB" is great, but that player has to be there. Unless you like the idea of Marlon Humphrey/Tre'Davious White/Gareon Conley/Quincy Wilson at #16, you don't really have an option of a 1st round CB.

Yeah, like I said in the draft thread I don't think it's likely one is taken at 16 either. That doesn't mean the Ravens can't trade down a bit in the first round and still take one of those guys you mentioned though. Conley in particular would be my target for that.

DreamKid wrote:
What are some opinions out there on Matt Judon? Future Starter?, Ceiling? etc etc.

Impact pass-rusher. Not sure how much more he has to offer than that since he only got limited snaps in that role his rookie season but they were very good snaps. The team needs to go back to utilizing Za'Darius that way too. It's what he was good at in his rookie season.
Danand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

I believe Adoree Jackson could leapfrog most of them. He seem much improved after 1 full year as a cornerback and might have the most upside. Of the rest you mentioned, I like Conley the most but not at 16.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like corner in the second... receiver... or foster in the first... if Williams or Davis is there and foster is off the board... i don't see anther reasonable picc... if we truly believe in jobes and we like the Achilles medical i could see i us piccin him up... we have alot of success in achilles rehabs and piccing up carr could allow us to slow walk Jones bacc... Williams or Davis in the first Jones in the second.... start Jones on PUP... get him bacc around week eight as the number 4 corner with decent knowledge of the playbook hopefully... yeah i would like that alot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 34 of 53

Jump to: