You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2017 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Different type of players, but they line up in the same spot. They are both interior DT's. So is Willie Henry. Urban and Kaufusi are your prototypical 3-4 ends and they they are going to line up in more of the snaps Lawrence Guy had.

For the most part, our defense is set up for the interior guys to clog lanes, and let our linebackers make plays. The problem has been that we no longer have great outside linebackers and we (stupidly) decided to take the ILB blitz out of our defense last year.. We could have adjusted by putting our D-lineman in more 1-gap sets to make plays for themselves. But, Pees.

Eh. Pierce was getting snaps at Guy's expense more often than Jernigan's this past season. Although it was kind of dependent on the matchup and those three along with Williams got the vast majority of snaps overall along the defensive line. Still, I would expect a starting line of Jernigan-Williams-Pierce this season. Mike isn't rotating with Timmy going forward so the potential replacements for the latter boil down to Kaufusi, Urban, and Henry.

I agree with the second part though. The defense is definitely set up for the linebackers to feast. And both Mosley and Orr did for the most part. The outside guys though... not so much. It's going to be hard to get a whole lot more explosive overall if/when Suggs is still getting over 70% of the defensive snaps. One player on the other side can make a big impact but it would be nice if the pass-rush came from more than one spot too.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 21m21 minutes ago

Caught up with Ravens president - Cass. He's pleased w/team's roster additions but says team likely done in FA until after draft.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 20m20 minutes ago

Didn't rule out another signing in the next couple of weeks, but says Ravens really want to remain in position to recoup a comp pick or two

No surprise there. If a player is signed it will probably be somebody who was already cut.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 21m21 minutes ago

Caught up with Ravens president - Cass. He's pleased w/team's roster additions but says team likely done in FA until after draft.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 20m20 minutes ago

Didn't rule out another signing in the next couple of weeks, but says Ravens really want to remain in position to recoup a comp pick or two

No surprise there. If a player is signed it will probably be somebody who was already cut.

Someone cut? Like Nick Mangold?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Someone cut? Like Nick Mangold?

I think if the Ravens had that in mind it would have happened already. Newsome isn't one to let something like that linger, especially at a position of need at such an important spot. My best guess would be re-signing Webb.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 1h1 hour ago
More
John Harbaugh said Rick Wagner's loss was "because the money. We couldn't match what the lions were willing to pay."

Quote:
More
Harbaugh days right now Nembot and Wesley are right tackle candidates. Urschel and Jensen to compete at center.

Quote:
More
Harbaugh said team would like to keep Alex Lewis at left guard but he's also an option at center and right tackle.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 55m55 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh said Ben Watson is ahead of schedule. Said he likes competition With all the tight ends.

Quote:
More
Harbaugh mentioned Taliaferro and Nick Boyle as options for fullback.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 54m54 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh:"We really just need one receiver, one guy that fits."

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 53m53 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh mentions finding a potential WR in trade or one that has been cut.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 50m50 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh: "I'm very confident that Kamalei Correa can win the (weak-side) linebacker job."

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 43m43 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh said team is obviously looking for a pass rusher.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 41m41 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh confirmed that Ravens wanted to get Torrey Smith back.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 29m29 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh said he'd obviously like to have Anquan Boldin back but that's up to Ozzie Newsome.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 17m17 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh predicted that Timmy Jernigan will have best year of his career. Didn't deny that there's been some trade talk involving him

Quote:
More
Harbaugh said that Terrance West is number one on the Ravens RB depth chart.

Lots of good quotes this morning.
Harding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

Quote:
More
Harbaugh days right now Nembot and Wesley are right tackle candidates. Urschel and Jensen to compete at center.

This scares the crap out of me. Those two competing for RT? RT will surely get addressed in the draft or in June after cuts?

Quote:
More
Harbaugh said team would like to keep Alex Lewis at left guard but he's
also an option at center and right tackle.

Still really unsure on Alex Lewis tbh. I am not sure if he is starter quality. Maybe I am just too hard on lineman but I just am not sure.

Quote:
More
Harbaugh mentioned Taliaferro and Nick Boyle as options for fullback.

Great. the two options I would use as well personally. Both would fit well.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 53m53 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh mentions finding a potential WR in trade or one that has been cut.

Hmmmm....any thoughts on trade candidates? Any post draft cuts?

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 50m50 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh: "I'm very confident that Kamalei Correa can win the (weak-side) linebacker job."

He better win it.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 43m43 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh said team is obviously looking for a pass rusher.

Which means we probably add a 5th round pass rusher and nothing about our pass rush improves again.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiecsun 29m29 minutes ago
More
Harbaugh said he'd obviously like to have Anquan Boldin back but that's up to Ozzie Newsome.

Would like it myself personally if the WR board does not fall how they want (top 2 rounds)

Quote:
More
Harbaugh said that Terrance West is number one on the Ravens RB depth chart.

As he should be. Dixon is an idiot. West first down runner, woodhead in after that.

coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ken McKusick‏ @FilmstudyRavens 16h16 hours ago

I've been frustrated with lack of dime in Balt under Pees. 34.5% 6-7 DBs with Marvin Lewis in 2000, 3% in Pees tenure.

In 2000, when the passing game across the league wasn't going crazy.
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Ken McKusick‏ @FilmstudyRavens 16h16 hours ago

I've been frustrated with lack of dime in Balt under Pees. 34.5% 6-7 DBs with Marvin Lewis in 2000, 3% in Pees tenure.

In 2000, when the passing game across the league wasn't going crazy.

This has to be wrong, it has to be. Otherwise we are even more stupid than I thought.

Of course coaches know better - except when everybody keep pointing out the same thing. When theres smoke, theres usually a fire.

In 2016, we had a lead against Oakland with 2.12 left. We gave up a long drive and lost the game.

Same thing happened with 2 minute warning against the Giants and Steelers. Pressure was an issue as well as covering receivers.

It's annoying.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens trade Timmy Jernigan + #99 to PHI for #74

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

This trade sucks.

"We definitely want our pass rush to be better hmmm why don't we just give away our high-upside pass rusher motivated by a contract year for practically nothing"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

This trade sucks.

I don't hate it really. I'd have liked to keep Jernigan this year but this is essentially the value of a 3rd round comp pick. He may have gotten us a 4th next year depending on how he played this year but I don't mind the value.

Will allow us move flexibility to move around.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
dcarey20

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

I understand the thought behind this, he was going to be gone.

That said, he would have balled out for us this year and I'm not sure how great it is to just move 25 spots

This also says two things to me:

They're very confident in the potential of Urban/Kaufusi/Pierce to play big time roles

I don't think Harbaugh was ever too fond of Timmy. Just seemed to be one of those random guys in his doghouse
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

This trade sucks.

I don't hate it really. I'd have liked to keep Jernigan this year but this is essentially the value of a 3rd round comp pick. He may have gotten us a 4th next year depending on how he played this year but I don't mind the value.

Will allow us move flexibility to move around.

Is moving up 25 spots in the 3rd round really the same value as a 3rd round comp pick? Genuinely curious, I'm never sure how much credibility we're supposed to give those trade value charts.

With him being in a contract year I think there's legitimate reason to believe he's going to ball out this year. Lots of talented guys w/ consistency issues tend to put it all together for their contract years and I suspect Jernigan will as well. Losing a year of potentially good production from a player with a skill we need more of when we would have gotten a comp pick for him next year feels useless.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
M.10.E

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hate it. Dude was a ghost for quite a few games at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite the compensation I was hoping for in a Jernigan trade. A third round pick alone would have been nice, but just moving up 25 spots in the third round? Eh. But...

Quote:
Ken McKusick‏ @FilmstudyRavens 38s39 seconds ago

I like Jernigan a lot, but if his play falls off in 2017, the Ravens would have received much less as a comp.

That's true as well. There is no predicting when Jernigan is on or off, he's really inconsistent and why I wasn't against the rumors of him being traded a couple weeks ago.

I'm still pretty happy with the defensive line too. Williams, Pierce, Urban, Davis, Kaufusi, and Henry is a deep and talented group. Definitely gambling on young players to step up but that's fine. They were drafted for a reason and the team has to get them on the field in significant roles at some point. Never going to see what those guys can really do otherwise.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Is moving up 25 spots in the 3rd round really the same value as a 3rd round comp pick? Genuinely curious.

Depends on how you feel about something like the draft pick value chart.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

Pick 99 is worth 104 points and pick 74 is worth 220 points so it kind of is like adding another compensatory 3rd round pick. If you buy into those values at least. I'm kind of meh on them.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 37 of 53

Jump to: