Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yay more money for contract extensions in 2 years(code words for more money for the Adams family)!!!

There is literally no one on this forum that even approaches my level of negativity towards this offseason. Like seriously, I'm sure any of you guys would agree with that. And even I find this to be silly. We aren't not spending money based on some sort of cost-cutting demand from the owner. That's just now how it works.

Props to mike23md on the sig
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't seriously look at all of the upgrades to the stadium, facilities, bubble, etc that Amy has made as owner and say she's cheap/trying to keep all the money to herself. And she's even updating the uniforms soon(I'm not sure if this actually costs extra money..but I'd assume it does for someone to design it? I dunno)

That'd be an absolute slap in the face to her and downright false.

Robinson is running the team and is managing the cap how he wants to manage it. Amy has no say in it. I feel 100% confident in saying that.

But one thing you certainly can't call Amy is cheap, not after what she's done in upgrading pretty much everything related to the organization.

#MTGA
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idiots will always we idiots....

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was thinking about the Titans while showering today, as I often do. Thought about how we're trying to build a culture, build a team committed to winning and setting the end goal to win a Super Bowl.

While the free agency snag in Sly Williams wasn't one that was necessarily well-received -- he's just not that great and not a position of our biggest need -- I do think there's value in getting guys like him and Logan Ryan because they come from premier franchises and know what it's like and what it takes to win a Super Bowl.

I think JRob understands this and its importance. Our team is full of career losers, if we're being honest. We saw a major culture shift last offseason and adding guys like Williams/Ryan is going to bring something our locker room needs -- guys who've reached the pinnacle of the sport and won.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who has watched these past two Preds home games(I've seen so many mentions by all kinds of people that Preds have the best home playoff fans)..that's what The Coliseum used to be like in the glory days..one of the best crowds in football when we were actually good.

We can achieve that again, just gotta win.

#MTGA
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2016 Adopt-a-Titan
MTSU's Kevin Byard
Sebastian Tretola
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From titansonline.com

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ironlion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Idiots will always we idiots....

Lol as if your calling me an idiot for saying that an owner of a NFL team wants to maximize profits. If I was as rude and blind as you I would call you an idiot. I am not so I will just call you ignorant or a homer.

Bare minimum stadium upgrades wow!!
Hiring a new head coach and paying the previously fired coach wow!!!

The NFL is a business. The purpose of business is to make profits. Profits are money gained after all expenses. I only tell you common knowledge because it seems like you aren't quite sure how the world works.

I get it you guys absolutely love the Tennessee Titans. So much that you aren't willing to look at things with realism, only blind support.

Next time have the courage to call me an idiot. Don't be a coward and hide behind some stupid vague cliche. I can say with utmost certainty that my level of intelligence is light years beyond yours.

Why don't I respond to you guys every time? Because no matter what you give the benefit of the doubt to ownership and the team. If I wanted to beat a dead horse I would go to my uncles dog food factory.

But hey they are saving money for non greedy business related reasons. They truly care about you the fan and your experience. Lol and I'm the idiot.

If I can provide one piece of evidence it will be this.

WR1- Matthews
WR2-Sharpe
WR3-Douglas
WR4-Mcbride
WR5-weems

Instead of improving by far the weakest position on the team with talented WRs we signed Eric weems. Have any of you seen Eric weems play football? Ya we tried to trade for cooks, because he is on a rookie contract. If you can tell me with a straight face that you like that depth chart then I will call you a liar.

I love JRob as much as anyone here. He does a great job working with what he has. He turns $*** to solid gold. He has a budget from ownership that we'll never see and it's pretty clear that budget is not even to the salary cap. Is it so far fetched that a small market owner of an NFL teams wants to make every cent possible??
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you play World of Warcraft you're a Troll arent you?

The NFL is a business for every NFL team. Cheap is a relative term. To imply that the Titans are cheap you are saying that we are more concerned about profit vs performance than other NFL teams, which rage proved false with financial evaluations months ago. Numbers > your opinion
VY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:
I can say with utmost certainty that my level of intelligence is light years beyond yours.

Shocked ** ahem ** ... ** cough ** Jk but seriously, lighten up, Francis.

You may not like that we still don't have that stud WR - nobody does honestly, we have been lacking it for 20 years - but I think most people here can appreciate the deliberate, well thought out plan around building this roster. Ton of money to the lines have seen major improvements. We're set up as it is right now to be able to keep an amazing young core of players (Mariota, Lewan, Conklin, Henry) on offense together for a long time. The hope is to draft and develop, and buy high when it makes sense (like Cooks may have).

You can't be serious if you don't think there have been tremendous strides in the past year. And also, speaking from personal experience at the games, if you don't think the game day experience is "light years" ahead of where it was under Tommy Smith, I don't know what to tell you.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, it would be honest to say that all owners and ownership groups care very much about the bottom line. It's a business after all,and no one is in it to lose money. Winning typically generates interest, which generates merch sales, but that's a very small part of the revenue pie. Most of it comes from the TV contracts, and that's all shared revenue.

The Titans ran into some bad/lean years. There were some bad drafts, and thus not a lot of extensions. I don't see a huge list of FAs we lost that we should have thrown the book at. As we accumulated bad rosters/drafts (previous regime) that carry over amount grew year after year, but the Titans never stopped spending, they kept trying to find those mid tier FAs that make those successful teams so successful. Throughout it all, the Titans have never been close to violating the cap min regulation of 90%.

We have a very young core, with a lot of that core is still on their rookie contracts. We rank 23rd in QB cap allocation ($9.9M). That's gonna take a huge jump very soon. We rank 30th in OL cap allocation ($18.5M)... and that's also gonna grow a lot, and sooner. Outside of WR (27th), we actually rank near the middle of the pack at all other positional units... 9th in RBs, 17th in DL, 6th at LB, and 15th in the secondary.

I'm confused about the approach (not about the spending/non spending issue)... almost forcing our hand at WR in early... but outside of Jefferey, what WR were we going to throw "big money" this past FA? I would have rather spent the Williams money in the secondary... but the money was spent. They took on 96M in new contracts this offseason (41M guaranteed). They have two 1st round picks next week, including a top 5 selection... so there's another good chunk of change there. We have a 10M rookie cap pool (only the Browns and Niners have a higher pool). The 5th pick will get about 25M and the 18th pick will get about 11M in new contract money (not including those 5th year options). So I'm seeing about $140M in new contracts since the end of the past season and at least 80M of that guaranteed.

I keep throwing money stats at you... you never rebut with anything substantial. Just the same misinformed (and boring) "we're cheap, we're cheap" posts. I've expressed my disappointment in the offseason, so you can't throw that lame blind support excuse. I'm also a finance manager, and I'm pretty sure I'm not an idiot.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to the financial side of football just don't make assumptions and listen to rage. If you're reading this, I can promise you he understands it better than you.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
When it comes to the financial side of football just don't make assumptions and listen to rage. If you're reading this, I can promise you he understands it better than you.

Agreed.

Props to mike23md on the sig
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Agreed.

X2
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Agreed.

X2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 86 of 87

Jump to: