Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

615finest wrote:
Quote:

Field Yates‏ @FieldYates

Sources: Titans S Da'Norris Searcy has taken a pay cut from $5.625M to $3.4M in 2017, $6.125M to $3.8M in 2018. Incentives of $750k/year.

Quote:

Field Yates‏ @FieldYates

Titans WR Harry Douglas has taken a pay cut from $3.75M to $1.75M, per sources. Can make $1.75M back via incentives.

In other news!

Here is something worthwhile to talk about!
Good move. Sure, some want them cut, but these numbers are much better. Could still get cut in training camp with added competition.

Last edited by TheMonarch1110 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather both Searcy and Douglas be cut. Why keep trash? Hopefully the draft replaces them.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
I wonder how Derrick is going to respond when he's at the podium after a bad game and a reporter asks him a critical question.

yes, we should definitely use judgement based on one interaction on twitter as a basis on which to speculate about how he would treat an entirely different real-world scenario, that makes total sense

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
I wonder how Derrick is going to respond when he's at the podium after a bad game and a reporter asks him a critical question.

yes, we should definitely use judgement based on one interaction on twitter as a basis on which to speculate about how he would treat an entirely different real-world scenario, that makes total sense

How is it entirely different?

Here are things that actually happened

>Kuharsky reports that Henry was 1 of 2 not at the first team meeting (the other being a no-name player)
>Kuharsky reports a quote from Casey that says something along the lines of "I would love every player on the team to be here today," but the whole report is, as its core, innocuous
>Kuharsky gets tweeted at by fans saying stuff like "let's target Fournette at 5," and he shuts them down, even using the word "preposterous"
>Henry blocks Kuharsky on Twitter

Kuharsky was doing his job and did so in a way that, in my opinion, adheres to journalistic code/ethic (something that he's not GREAT at doing, but overall he does a good job of calling things the way he sees them and keeping facts at the core of his stories, and then using his opinion to supplement). This story paints Henry in a negative light, but Kuharsky wasn't even the most critical of him missing the meeting. Fans, other sites, etc took harsher tones, but were not blocked by Henry.

Once again, as I've stated multiple times...this is not a big deal.

However, take a step back and digest what just happened. Hate to use politics as an example, but try to look at it from this perspective: when our president get's criticized by the media via tweets, he blocks them on Twitter. When he does that, it's newsworthy and is rightfully reported, because he's essentially filtering out anyone who calls him out on any of his BS, but certainly acknowledges their tweets because he wouldn't have blocked them otherwise. For a professional athlete in the NFL to block the team's most prominent reporter from his social media page (another reality of today's world -- your social media page is considered a reflection of you and your life to the masses who follow you), is a little childish, especially when the reporter didn't do anything other than report a story that was 100% factual.

In this league, you have to learn how to play nice with the media. That's a fact. Richard Sherman has gotten hammered lately because he doesn't know how to do that. It's a bad look. Does it really matter if the guy's scoring TDs on Sunday? No. But it's still a bad look.

What could Derrick have done? "I'm taking classes at Alabama and working out in Tuscaloosa. be back soon. #TitanUp"

That's less than 140 characters.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure Twitter politics make a huge difference on the football field.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonissue....

The only thing is if he's taking classes, it's not that hard to tell the coaching staff. Mularkey acted like he had no idea why he wasn't there. Still a nonissue.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a non-issue until it becomes one.

For now, it's just fodder to keep us going as we limp and/or crawl to draft day (something different from the same discussions we've had the last 3 months Mad ).

But it's something to file away in case other issues start creeping up later. As far as I know, he's been a model teammate at Alabama and his short time here.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Nonissue....

The only thing is if he's taking classes, it's not that hard to tell the coaching staff. Mularkey acted like he had no idea why he wasn't there. Still a nonissue.

This is the part that I don't understand. He could've avoided the issue entirely by just calling Mularkey and telling him that he was going to be in Bama taking classes. No one would have thought anything of it, and he would've been admired for it. Yeah the workouts are voluntary, but it's really just a courtesy thing in a situation like this to call your coach and tell him what's going on.

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2016 Adopt-A-Titan: Austin Johnson & Angelo Blackson

Leader of the Christian McCaffrey and Cooper Kupp Hype Trains
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is questioning that he should have called the coaches, but I lean much more toward there being a logical explanation (simply never occurred to him that not calling in was an issue for something that was voluntary) than I lean towards him having a character flaw.

I mean, if you would have asked me two days ago if players should RSVP to a voluntary camp in April that they can't attend because of school, I would have said sure, but never would have guessed it would be something that turned into this big of a deal. As far as I knew, players miss this camp without contacting the coaches all the time.

I got one of Kuharsky's posts mixed up with the trash that Jason Wolf is throwing out there, so I did misspeak earlier about his click-bait. I wouldn't be surprised if he started blocking the media in general after seeing Wolf's click-bait. "Casey calls out Derrick Henry". "Casey had strong words for Derrick Henry missing camp". Please.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry story disappears.....it's a non-issue.

It's a rookie thing. He could have(should have) told someone... "hey i'm finishing up some classes. I've been working out and I won't be at voluntary workouts.)

I mean didn't Sharpe get "called out" by Murlakey for essentially not checking in?

It should disappear by the weekend and if by chance it's still in conversation by next Monday, the draft will eliminate the story.

It's Jason Wolf's fault for claiming Casey called him out, when he didn't.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mularkey said both he and JRob spoke to Henry at Bama's pro day. There isn't no way they didn't discuss him being in class and working out at Bama. Non issue.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:

In this league, you have to learn how to play nice with the media. That's a fact.

Is it tho? Randy Moss never played nice with the media. (Side note imagine guys like Moss having a twitter back in the day? Now that would've been some good LULs.) Lynch wouldn't even talk too the media. Dez has had problems with the media. IDK.

AND if were being honest. Paul isn't really the most likable guy in the 1st place so I don't blame DH one bit. Like someone let me know when he says ANYTHING LOL or blocks the titans twitter or something Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

In this league, you have to learn how to play nice with the media. That's a fact.

Is it tho? Randy Moss never played nice with the media. (Side note imagine guys like Moss having a twitter back in the day? Now that would've been some good LULs.) Lynch wouldn't even talk too the media. Dez has had problems with the media. IDK.

AND if were being honest. Paul isn't really the most likable guy in the 1st place so I don't blame DH one bit. Like someone let me know when he says ANYTHING LOL or blocks the titans twitter or something Laughing

And you want to know how many players I follow??

ZERO lol

I honestly don't care what players have to say..
When they do something or say something worth noting it will get covered. But I don't care if Player A is having fun in Cancun or whatever..lol

That's my two cents about players on Twitter.
ironlion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay more money for contract extensions in 2 years(code words for more money for the Adams family)!!!

I'm so glad they don't spend the cap cause I love me some rich people.

Per Henry who cares.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your narrative that the team is cheap and saving money has been proven wrong with facts countless times, but you seem to disappear when facts come out and just come back later to say it again.

Anything we don't spend is rolled into the next year anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 85 of 87

Jump to: