Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
Aaaand Henry blocked Kuharsky on Twitter

I know to most this might seem a non-issue, but crap like that speaks volumes about Henry's maturity level at the moment. That's Kenny Britt-type crap and players who do Kenny Britt-type crap play don't make significant impacts in this league because they're too busy bouncing around and crying whenever a reporter posts a story where they're not shown in the best light. Kuharsky wasn't even overly critical of it -- just made note of it because Henry is one of our top guys.

Even paying attention to this is a joke. If he had responded to Kuwarsky on twitter that would showcase immaturity. Blocking him is simply a way of saying "Dont @ me in your garbage post that you're taking out of context". I wouldn't want people tagging me in that trash while I was a week out of finals either.

The media took off with this story like the players were furious with Henry and calling him out. They did not call him out. They were asked a question by the media and gave the obvious team-first answers. Actually seeing the players answers in context, and then seeing the tweets and headlines about Henry is frustrating. It is either click-bait, or a slow news day.

I agree. Nothing to see here. We have heard nothing about Henry complaining or not being a team first guy at Alabama or here last season. He had to sit behind a couple of guys and split carries his entire Alabama career. He is going to take more of the workload from Murray this year and be the lead back in 2018. Slow news time until the draft. Rolling Eyes

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

I know to most this might seem a non-issue, but crap like that speaks volumes about Henry's maturity level at the moment. That's Kenny Britt-type crap and players who do Kenny Britt-type crap play don't make significant impacts in this league because they're too busy bouncing around and crying whenever a reporter posts a story where they're not shown in the best light. Kuharsky wasn't even overly critical of it -- just made note of it because Henry is one of our top guys.

Even paying attention to this is a joke. If he had responded to Kuwarsky on twitter that would showcase immaturity. Blocking him is simply a way of saying "Dont @ me in your garbage post that you're taking out of context". I wouldn't want people tagging me in that trash while I was a week out of finals either.

The media took off with this story like the players were furious with Henry and calling him out. They did not call him out. They were asked a question by the media and gave the obvious team-first answers. Actually seeing the players answers in context, and then seeing the tweets and headlines about Henry is frustrating. It is either click-bait, or a slow news day.

Blocking him is childish. High-profile athletes are subject to praise/criticism 24/7 on social media. That's the reality of today's world, whether it's deserved or not. You have to get used to it.

This isn't a huge deal at all. But it's childish and immature.

edit-- and Paul took absolutely nothing out of context. Paul reported a fact: that Henry was a no-show at the meeting. He even responded to fans overreacting to the news and told them to take a chill pill.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time

Last edited by deeluxx3 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Kuharksy is on twitter saying Henry hasn't learned his lesson because he's not there today.

Im sure the University of Alabama changed their class schedule for this week to accomodate the opinions of reporters who don't want to admit their click-bait headlines were farfetched.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

Blocking him is childish. High-profile athletes are subject to praise/criticism 24/7 on social media. That's the reality of today's world, whether it's deserved or not. You have to get used to it.

This isn't a huge deal at all. But it's childish and immature.

It is not childish. He doesn't care to get notifications about Kuharksy's misguided opinions. Stop tagging him and he wont be blocked. Its that simple.

You're simply looking for something to criticize. Someone's maturity has nothing to do with whether on not they want to hear the media tagging them in their stories.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

It is not childish. He doesn't care to get notifications about Kuharksy's misguided opinions. Stop tagging him and he wont be blocked. Its that simple.

You're simply looking for something to criticize. Someone's maturity has nothing to do with whether on not they want to hear the media tagging them in their stories.

lol ok. Kenny Britt will be available next offseason if you want to bring him back

Also, "Derrick Henry is not at the meeting and Jurrell Casey said that he wishes every play was at every meeting" is not a misguided opinion

TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

lol ok. Kenny Britt will be available next offseason if you want to bring him back

Also, "Derrick Henry is not at the meeting and Jurrell Casey said that he wishes every play was at every meeting" is not a misguided opinion

Your jump from Henry to Britt shows your impressive imagination.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Your jump from Henry to Britt shows your impressive imagination.

I mean, we might as well call him Derrick Britt Pacmam Henry now amirite?

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:

SO HOLD ON!!!

Blocking someone on twitter is now a sign of immaturity?? Damn Laughing

YO CAN THE SEASON START SO THIS ISNT SOMETHING WE TALK ABOUT??!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Like he hasn't missed anything he HAS to be at so whats the big deal? He'll be ready in the fall. Can't wait till the draft next week so we have something real to talk about for a couple of days before the long wait through the summer. And not the LACK OF??? Twitter drama? Like he didn't even say anything. The reach is real when you did something wrong for NOT saying anything.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitter rules for showcasing maturity:

Ignoring people - Mature.

Blocking people so you don't have to be tagged in the things you are supposed to ignore - Immature.

Got it!
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

Being a professional athlete who understands their status/career will sometimes lend themselves to criticism in the media and choosing to take the high road and not respond to these stories in any way - Mature.

Blocking reporters who report factual stories and even send out tweets to overreacting fans, even if the story puts you in a sliiiiightly negative light - Immature.

Got it!

fify

deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news

Who's more IMMATURE

@deeluxx3 or @KingHenry_2

TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Being a professional athlete who understands their status/career will sometimes lend themselves to criticism in the media and choosing to take the high road and not respond to these stories in any way - Mature.

Blocking reporters who report factual stories and even send out tweets to overreacting fans, even if the story puts you in a sliiiiightly negative light - Immature.

Got it!

fify

All I take from this is that is you have made up some standard from professional athletes that no one else in the world would be accountable to uphold. It's a made up gesture based on your opinion. Blocking a Twitter account because you're tired of hearing what they have to say, factual or not, has nothing to do with being immature.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how Derrick is going to respond when he's at the podium after a bad game and a reporter asks him a critical question.

615finest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Field Yates‏ @FieldYates

Sources: Titans S Da'Norris Searcy has taken a pay cut from $5.625M to $3.4M in 2017, $6.125M to $3.8M in 2018. Incentives of $750k/year.

Quote:

Field Yates‏ @FieldYates

Titans WR Harry Douglas has taken a pay cut from $3.75M to $1.75M, per sources. Can make $1.75M back via incentives.

In other news!
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told my cousin he was in a pyramid scheme and he blocked me on facebook. Is this the same thing?

Seriously... why do some people care? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 84 of 87

Jump to: