Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dionysus


Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 2674
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! Jon Robinson did so good that he already got promoted???

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Jon-Robinson-Promoted-to-Executive-Vice-President-and-General-Manager/50a1ac34-fbd2-424f-8015-8fb067bf5e21
_________________
HEALTH STATEMENT: I'm not "fat", just well nutritioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VY


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 3472
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
One name to watch out for as a replacement might be Tyke Tolbert (currently w/Denver). Was in Buffalo during Mularkey's first HC stint, and with Kubiak stepping down who knows what will happen there staff-wise. Obviously has worked with more talent than we have, but that's been a really solid WR group.


Paul got his info from me. Smile

@PaulKuharskyNFL wrote:
Tyke Tolbert, who's coached wide receivers in Denver since 2011, is a candidate for the Titans' vacancy at the position. Tolbert had great success coaching Lee Evans and Anquan Boldin when they were rookies. He was on Mike Mularkey's staff in Buffalo in 2004-05.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32265
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
VY wrote:
One name to watch out for as a replacement might be Tyke Tolbert (currently w/Denver). Was in Buffalo during Mularkey's first HC stint, and with Kubiak stepping down who knows what will happen there staff-wise. Obviously has worked with more talent than we have, but that's been a really solid WR group.


Paul got his info from me. Smile

@PaulKuharskyNFL wrote:
Tyke Tolbert, who's coached wide receivers in Denver since 2011, is a candidate for the Titans' vacancy at the position. Tolbert had great success coaching Lee Evans and Anquan Boldin when they were rookies. He was on Mike Mularkey's staff in Buffalo in 2004-05.


Would be a pretty good hire IMO.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32265
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it looks like Tyke Tolbert has turned down the Titans offer to stay with the Broncos.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheDeeeeej


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 15447
Location: Nashville
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to preface this question by saying I am a huge Tennessee fan and Eric Berry is one of my favorite players of all time to go there. I feel bad for asking the question but it is a legit question.

Do you think some teams would be unwilling to spend money on Berry because of a possibility of a remission of his cancer?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlash


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 753
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
I want to preface this question by saying I am a huge Tennessee fan and Eric Berry is one of my favorite players of all time to go there. I feel bad for asking the question but it is a legit question.

Do you think some teams would be unwilling to spend money on Berry because of a possibility of a remission of his cancer?


Possible. I think the Chiefs proposed an insurance clause in his contract if the cancer comes back.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32265
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a few predictions about FAs. One predicted Jeffery to us and another predicted Campbell. Campbell prediction was kind of shocking. Great player and would obviously improve our whole defense but I don't think JRob would sign a soon to be 31 year old to a big contract.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheDeeeeej


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 15447
Location: Nashville
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Saw a few predictions about FAs. One predicted Jeffery to us and another predicted Campbell. Campbell prediction was kind of shocking. Great player and would obviously improve our whole defense but I don't think JRob would sign a soon to be 31 year old to a big contract.


I agree.

I think if we spend money in FA it will be on the outside based on JR's comments earlier in the offseason.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ironlion


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 1549
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Ragland might be available this offseason. Apparently he's not a fit for the bills new defence. I'd give up our second 3rd round pick for him.
_________________
The AFC is wide open!!
5- Solomon Thomas OLB
18- BPA CB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5828
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Saw a few predictions about FAs. One predicted Jeffery to us and another predicted Campbell. Campbell prediction was kind of shocking. Great player and would obviously improve our whole defense but I don't think JRob would sign a soon to be 31 year old to a big contract.


Just about everything I have seen where they are projecting free agents to a team has Alshon Jeffrey going to us.

I honestly think there is a real chance he is a Titan if they feel like the injuries and off the field stuff is behind him.
_________________
Jason McCourty
Wesley Woodyard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5828
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:
Reggie Ragland might be available this offseason. Apparently he's not a fit for the bills new defence. I'd give up our second 3rd round pick for him.


I don't know that he's any better than Avery Williamson and we already have LBs who can't cover.
_________________
Jason McCourty
Wesley Woodyard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32265
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:
Reggie Ragland might be available this offseason. Apparently he's not a fit for the bills new defence. I'd give up our second 3rd round pick for him.


Pass. We don't need anymore LBs who can't cover.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 34409
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mychal Kendricks will likely get either released or traded by the Eagles apparently. That's a LB I'd look at. Fast, super athletic and has had success in a 3-4 before. Doesn't fit Schwartz's scheme. Still only 26.
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 5828
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Mychal Kendricks will likely get either released or traded by the Eagles apparently. That's a LB I'd look at. Fast, super athletic and has had success in a 3-4 before. Doesn't fit Schwartz's scheme. Still only 26.


That would be outstanding.

4.47s 40 yard dash. We need speed. He was successful early in his career, I'm not sure about the last two years.
_________________
Jason McCourty
Wesley Woodyard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bloeddyr


Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Posts: 487
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont'a Hightower just threw the weather in New England under the bus (poorly worded, I know. Sorry), causing people to think he won't re-sign. He's originally from Tennessee and he was picked while J-Rob had a big role in the Patriots' drafting.

Thoughts on him?
_________________
NhTitan wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:

Last year I was the Head Scout and the year before that, just a regular scout. But I'm game for whatever you need!

^^^
One of the best scouts in FFMD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group