Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Off-Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
Anyone who is expecting us to sign multiple big name free agents is going to be sorely disappointed.

You would think people would learn that by now. Laughing

I don't think signing multiple big FAs work anyway signings one ain't bad but you turn into the Jags when u sign a ton of big FAs every year

Rishard Matthews 65 Rec 945 Yards 9 TD

Kalan Reed 2 Tackles 1 Assist

Sig By El Ramster
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Berry hits FA, I'd expect the Titans to make that early move on him... but outside of that possibility, I expect us to mirror the Patriots' model... wait out the initial wave of FA, and go in for that 2nd and 3rd waves.

I think that would put us out of the running for Jefferey, Pryor, and most other "top tier" FAs... but there will still be a good amount of talent available.

We all get excited at the possibilities... and we'll sit here and discuss how much money we have and who we can get... but some of us understand that when it comes down to it, we won't be making those huge splashes (but that's not a bad thing... looking at the sustained success of some of the better franchises, and their lack of splash FAs, waiting for those value FAs is not a bad thing). Of course, some of us won't understand that and will flip out at all the movement and big money being given out in the first few days, while we sit and wait.

On the other hand, we can't just say say spending a ton of cash on top FA's doesn't always work. We like to make fun of the Jags and the Eagles of years past (aka, Young's "Dream Team", lol), but the Jags were able to field a pretty decent defense last year.... Jackson, Gipson, and Prince all helped contribute to that. But more impressive were the Giants. Harrison, Vernon, and Jenkins were all key contributors, helping turn that defense from one of the worst units in football in 2015 (last in Points again and 2nd worst in yards against) to one of the top units in 2016 (2nd best in points against, and top 10 in yards against in 1 season). It's still a crapshoot, and it'd be wiser to stay away from such an expensive gamble (to the tune of $190M for the Giants, $105M guaranteed) in case it doesn't work out.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-Rob was just on midday 180 and basically confirmed LeBeau wants to coach next year.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/21589/gm-jon-robinson-hints-at-the-obvious-titans-need-to-address-perimeter

one way or another it seems we'll be looking to upgrade at receiver. i'm glad that robinson recognizes that for mularkey's offense to actually work against good defenses we'll need receivers that can separate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/21589/gm-jon-robinson-hints-at-the-obvious-titans-need-to-address-perimeter

one way or another it seems we'll be looking to upgrade at receiver. i'm glad that robinson recognizes that for mularkey's offense to actually work against good defenses we'll need receivers that can separate.

Im not sure I can like Jon Robinson more.

adopt-a-titan:
21 Da'Norris Searcy
45 Jalston Fowler
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Im not sure I can like Jon Robinson more.

Off-season and Draft has almost become my favorite time of the year, based on the fact that I trust Robinson to make the best decision 90% of the time.

Off-season is #RobinsonTime
VY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Bouye really intrigues me, definitely more than Prince. He's a guy I personally wouldn't mind overpaying a little bit, because I think he's going to continue to grow into a really good corner.

Stealing him from a division rival makes that move even better. Bouye would be a solid #2 at least for years to come.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson has been promoted to Executive Vice President to go with his GM title. Dunno what this adds to his responsibilities, but neat I guess.

#MTGA
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
Bouye really intrigues me, definitely more than Prince. He's a guy I personally wouldn't mind overpaying a little bit, because I think he's going to continue to grow into a really good corner.

Stealing him from a division rival makes that move even better. Bouye would be a solid #2 at least for years to come.

Is he really expected to hit free agency? Seems strange that the Texans would let him go as he seems like a promising young player.

Sig by Smack

NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty interesting given the perceptions of their strengths as passers.

Props to mike23md on the sig
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

Pretty interesting given the perceptions of their strengths as passers.

Not really, one of Carr's biggest knocks coming out of Fresno State was the amount of his completions that were quick passes or screens. Its part of why he fell to Round 2

**RIP Steve McNair**
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:
We have the money to make at least 2 huge deals. I think we spend all the money on Eric berry and trumaine Johnson. Then throw another $6 million per year at prince or AJ bouye. That still leaves us with a boatload of money.

I would love to get another pass rusher but I don't see it happening. We have so much cap that we should be able to address all needs before the draft. Then go BPA.

Both of those guys will likely approach 10 mil a year on the open market.

**RIP Steve McNair**
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworlds blurb about J Rob getting promoted is laughable. Why is it so hard for people to understand our ownership? It really isn't complicated. Laughing
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying we won't sign good players, but to expect us to sign only guys who are considered the best available free agents at their respective positions is just going to disappoint you. Just because a player isn't the best available at their position doesn't mean it is not a signing we should pursue.

Too many fans get caught up with the big name guys that hit free agency. A ton of players hit free agency and there's more than one at each position that will be a great contributor to his team.

If you make a mock or whatever and have us signing 3 people and they are all the top guy at their position, it's just lazy. Even Jacksonville, who spent a lot of money in FA, wasn't signing only the best available guys at their position. Amukamara was a good find for them. Heyward in SD. Matthews here in Tennessee.

Guys don't have to have a lot of bang behind their name in order to be a desirable free agent.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
I'm not saying we won't sign good players, but to expect us to sign only guys who are considered the best available free agents at their respective positions is just going to disappoint you. Just because a player isn't the best available at their position doesn't mean it is not a signing we should pursue.

Too many fans get caught up with the big name guys that hit free agency. A ton of players hit free agency and there's more than one at each position that will be a great contributor to his team.

If you make a mock or whatever and have us signing 3 people and they are all the top guy at their position, it's just lazy. Even Jacksonville, who spent a lot of money in FA, wasn't signing only the best available guys at their position. Amukamara was a good find for them. Heyward in SD. Matthews here in Tennessee.

Guys don't have to have a lot of bang behind their name in order to be a desirable free agent.

So so true.

The key to FA is finding players for your team. If you are going after that Vet who has about 2 years or so left, then you overpay for that if you think you are close.
or
Really scouting the NFL and finding players that are ascending up like Matthews that are improving with NFL coaching after not being a high draft pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: