Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Off-Season Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: 2017 Titans Off-Season Thread Reply with quote

Off-season starts now pretty much.

Who should we keep? Who shouldn't be re-signed.
Free Agent targets?

Time for everyone's favorite executive to take over.
Jon Robinson time...
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry. Take all of our money. Please. I beg of you.

Props to mike23md on the sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut/Not Resign - McCourty, Blake, Searcy, Johnson, Spence, Wright, Warmack, Cassell, Douglas, and possibly Woods.

FA Targets(not necessarily who we will sign but who we "should" target) - Alshon Jeffery, Kenny Stills, Eric Berry, Trumaine Johnson, Stephon Gilmore, Dre Kirkpatrick, AJ Bouye, and Morris Claiborne.

Most of these players will be resigned/franchised but if they somehow reach FA, these guys need to be targets especially the DBs.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main hope is that Mariota had a speedy and full recovery. I really like what we have in him. Eric Berry would be a phenomenal addition to this team. Address the Linebacker positions and WR as well. I'd also like a monster NT that would be nice! We need playmakers on defence and we need some young blood at TE because as much as I love Walker he isn't getting any younger.

I love this team, hell I even took my wife to our first ever game on our honeymoon this year and when it's all said and done this season as exceeded probably every Titans fans expectations. The future is bright and we''re a few difference makers away from being contenders.

All I want is for our young franchise QB to recover fully from his injury and come back to lead this team. He seems to be loved by everyone and seems like such a level headed guy.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Eric Berry. Take all of our money. Please. I beg of you.

I'd love for him to come here as well. But I'm not sure he'd want to. Depends on if he views us as a possible contender I feel.
Cant spell choke without OKC
SARGO127

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a competent backup QB.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread makes me sad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a solid number 2 QB at some point...

with our 2 first round picks Id like to see us go BPA strictly. WR and DB are needs as well...but I think BPA is the way to go.

Im also curious about Guard. Whats the situation with Chance maybe we get him on a short term deal he knows he can get his job back if he plays well. Id like to bring him back & bring in a versatile guy that can play multiple spots.

Tight End is a need as well...I think Delanie is still a top TE but hes getting up there.

Last edited by capton_cutclass on Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capton_cutclass wrote:

with our 2 first round picks Id like to see us go BPA strictly. WR and DB are needs as well...but I think BPA is the way to go.

Im also curious about Guard. Whats the situation with Chance. Id like to bring him back & bring in a versatile guy that can play multiple spots.

We'll likely bring back Schwenke who can play OG and C. Tretola will probably also get the chance to play more next year. The OL is fine.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
capton_cutclass

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
capton_cutclass wrote:

Im also curious about Guard. Whats the situation with Chance. Id like to bring him back & bring in a versatile guy that can play multiple spots.

We'll likely bring back Schwenke who can play OG and C. Tretola will probably also get the chance to play more next year. The OL is fine.

Id rather have Chance over Schwenke...just to see how he fits in on this line. I know Chance hasn't been that great but hasn't Denvers oline been awful?

And theres no telling how good Tretola is or if he can even play. Im all for letting him compete but penciling him in as starter seems like a bad idea.

And I somewhat disagree about our oline being fine. Conklin and Lewan are fine. Jones seemed to do fine as well. I am still concerned about our guards. We aren't that imposing when teams know what we are going to do. We get no gained when we need 1 yard. Dallas can get yardage at will. I think if we look at upgrading our guards we will surprise people.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he would be a Jon Robinson priority, but I've been curious about the prospect of Dontari Poe coming here as a NT. Austin Johnson has started coming along, but I've always wondered how good our defense could be with a truly dominant big man in the middle. Obviously Berry would be priority #1 for us if he gets to FA, but I seriously doubt KC will let him walk which would potentially leave Poe as the odd man out.

NT isn't an absolute need, and I honestly don't see it as much of a possibility that we would spend a premium on the position. I was just thinking Poe could be more likely to hit the market than Berry, and the impact of a dominant NT that can rush the passer/stuff the run can't be understated.

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2016 Adopt-A-Titan: Austin Johnson & Angelo Blackson

Leader of the Christian McCaffrey and Cooper Kupp Hype Trains
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capton_cutclass wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
capton_cutclass wrote:

Id rather have Chance over Schwenke...just to see how he fits in on this line. I know Chance hasn't been that great but hasn't Denvers oline been awful?

And theres no telling how good Tretola is or if he can even play. Im all for letting him compete but penciling him in as starter seems like a bad idea.

And I somewhat disagree about our oline being fine. Conklin and Lewan are fine. Jones seemed to do fine as well. I am still concerned about our guards. We aren't that imposing when teams know what we are going to do. We get no gained when we need 1 yard. Dallas can get yardage at will. I think if we look at upgrading our guards we will surprise people.

I think Conklin Spain and Lewan are all great run blockers.

Jones was better in pass protection than run-blocking, but he isn't being replaces. RG would be the one place we could use an upgrade. After a couple nice starts I really think Klein lacked in run-blocking. Was very solid in pass-protection.

Warmack is just gone. He was lacking in both aspects. Schwenke will be brought back as second string because he can play OG and C.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
I doubt he would be a Jon Robinson priority, but I've been curious about the prospect of Dontari Poe coming here as a NT. Austin Johnson has started coming along, but I've always wondered how good our defense could be with a truly dominant big man in the middle. Obviously Berry would be priority #1 for us if he gets to FA, but I seriously doubt KC will let him walk which would potentially leave Poe as the odd man out.

NT isn't an absolute need, and I honestly don't see it as much of a possibility that we would spend a premium on the position. I was just thinking Poe could be more likely to hit the market than Berry, and the impact of a dominant NT that can rush the passer/stuff the run can't be understated.

I used to think that having a true NT was so important for a 3-4 defense, but in today's NFL you're only in your base defense like 30% of the time. The formation I saw us play the most was the 2-4-5, which is essentially a 4-2 with the DEs standing up.

I would love to have Poe, he is a beast, but I think there's better places we could invest our money.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
capton_cutclass wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
capton_cutclass wrote:

Jones was better in pass protection than run-blocking, but he isn't being replaces. RG would be the one place we could use an upgrade. After a couple nice starts I really think Klein lacked in run-blocking. Was very solid in pass-protection.

Warmack is just gone. He was lacking in both aspects. Schwenke will be brought back as second string because he can play OG and C.

Is Conklin overrated? There is talk in the 2017 OL thread in the draft forum that he is and has received more help than any other RT in terms of protection in the pass game. Is this true? Can you shed some light on Conklin for me?

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
capton_cutclass wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
capton_cutclass wrote:

Is Conklin overrated? There is talk in the 2017 OL thread in the draft forum that he is and has received more help than any other RT in terms of protection in the pass game. Is this true? Can you shed some light on Conklin for me?

Look at who posted it and you'll get your answer.... someone who thinks he's god at evaluating OL and never will admit he's wrong. One of the reasons I rarely post in there anymore. I wasn't high on Conklin at all and he's completely changed my opinion of him. He doesn't get help on every play and even still, it's not uncommon for OL to get help especially rookie OL. What I know is he played like a top 10 OT this year and arguably the top RT in all of football. Our OL has improved dramatically, we have a top 3 rushing attack and Marcus has been kept very clean this year up until last week(but injuries happen). He was apart of helping shut down the elite PRs in this league(Mack, Houston, Miller). I'll take that anyday from a rookie OT. The guy was wrong as was I, although I can admit I was wrong.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 1 of 79

Jump to: