Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm proud of you all
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
SWATcha wrote:
Saints won Rolling Eyes
Same. Couldn't care less at this point. And if we win next week that'll probably give Payton another year, so it'll probably be this time next year before I start caring again.

Saints continue to fall down the draft pole at the last minute again...

While some like to think that this isn't such a big deal and is actually a good think for the future, chew on this for a second...

In 2015 the Saints did this exact same thing and in the last few weeks of the season fell out of the top 10 and down to the 13th pick. Heading into the 2015 draft the Saints set their sights on Clemson pass rusher Vic Beasley but knew they would have to trade up. They actually had a deal in place to move into the top 10 ahead of Atlanta but got cold feet due to the asking price to move up. Beasley eventually went to the Falcons and we got Peat, Anthony and Kikaha. The rumored deal was 13 and 31 for the Bears 7th overall pick.

Since then... Peat has failed to beat out strif and was a failure at RG but has settled into a LG role, Anthony is bordering bust town and Kikaha (2nd round) is coming off his 3rd acl tear.

Meanwhile the Falcons offense is tops in the league and they boast one of the leagues permier young pass rushers in Beasley who has 14.5 sacks heading into this final game against the Saints Sunday.

So one would say that in hindsight the Saints should have made the deal where other would say that the bigger problem was those final few meaningless wins that put them out of realistic grasp of the player that they wanted all along. Now the salt in the wound is the fact that he's now playing for the Falcons and there in the playoffs and we're not and we're mostly not due to our lack of pass rush.

There's no way they are going to lay down and tank these games. This Sunday is my superbowl, and I'd like nothing better than to ruin Ryan's MVP chances.

High draft picks are nice, but I still like to see us win games, especially against rivals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: