Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who will be our next coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamRod

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus Bradley is meeting with the Redskins for their defensive coordinator position. Just putting that out there in case there was any chance we'd hire him.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
Gus Bradley is meeting with the Redskins for their defensive coordinator position. Just putting that out there in case there was any chance we'd hire him.

Him and Pettine are set to interview.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldnt be a big deal to make the switch. Just run a hybrid with one stand up LB and the other playing a traditional DE rusher.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I think we still would run a 4-3 even if we got Wade.

I doubt it. It's not hard for us to transition to Wade's 3-4. It's run a lot like a 4-3 in terms of assignments and aggressiveness. The only difference is that the base defense has bigger DLs.

BStanRamFan wrote:
DE-Aaron Donald
NT-Michael Brockers
DE-Dominque Easley

OLB-Robert Quinn
ILB-Alec Ogletree
ILB- Mark Barron
OLB- ? FA? Jarvis Jones maybe?

CB-Trumaine
CB- EJ Gaines
FS- Lamarcus Joyner
SS-TJ or Mo

Am I way off?

No. Not totally. I think we'd likely add some FAs. I don't see Easley or Gaines being a starter.

My expectation is that we'd add a couple of 3-4 DLs. I also expect that we'd add a CB. Likely Johnathan Joseph if the Texans cut him. I also think there's a high probability that DeMarcus Ware follows Wade here on a short-term deal as a rotational pass rusher.

My expectation is that it would look more like:
RDE: Aaron Donald
NT: Free Agent or Draft Pick
LDE: Michael Brockers
ROLB: Robert Quinn
RILB: Alec Ogletree
LILB: Mark Barron
LOLB: FA
RCB: FA
LCB: Trumaine Johnson (if we retain him)
SLCB: E.J. Gaines or Draft Pick
FS: LaMarcus Joyner (I hope)
SS: Maurice Alexander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Sean McVay is having his second interview with the Rams. If he can get Wade Phillips, I'm 100% behind him.

Chris Cooley sold me on the guy:
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=18446695

Tweet about his second interview:
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/819227273496645632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/819226845992353796

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Apparently, Sean McVay is having his second interview with the Rams. If he can get Wade Phillips, I'm 100% behind him.

Chris Cooley sold me on the guy:
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=18446695

Tweet about his second interview:
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/819227273496645632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/819226845992353796

Bro, welcome to 10 hours ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I wasnt gunna call him on it, but Im glad someone did just because it gave me a laugh. Its all good jrry, unlike most of us, you have a life.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing McVay say he'd want to bring in Wade Phillips as DC inspires some hope. It shows that he wants to bring in the best in areas that he lacks in...Something Fisher never seemed to come around to (couldn't run an offense and apparently didn't want anyone else who could either).

I've never personally been a huge fan of the 3-4 and don't think we have the ideal components to do it, but if having Wade Phillips meant having a 3-4, I'd come around to it. I just think you get the most out of our best players on D in Donald and Quinn in the positions they're currently in. Could Donald play as a 3-4 DE? Sure. Could Quinn be a stand up 3-4 OLB? Sure, but I don't think that would get the most out of either of them. Our LB core would be a mess IMO. Tree would be the only natural fit as a ILB. Barron is hardly a 4-3 OLB; I don't think he'd hold up doing it in the 3-4. Hayes wouldn't have a position to play--I think he's strictly a 4-3 DE. And we wouldn't have anyone as an edge rusher opposite of Quinn.

Again, with all of that said, having Phillips as a DC would quite my concerns.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Haha I wasnt gunna call him on it, but Im glad someone did just because it gave me a laugh. Its all good jrry, unlike most of us, you have a life.

Nah, no life. I just didn't scroll back far enough. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Seeing McVay say he'd want to bring in Wade Phillips as DC inspires some hope. It shows that he wants to bring in the best in areas that he lacks in...Something Fisher never seemed to come around to (couldn't run an offense and apparently didn't want anyone else who could either).

I've never personally been a huge fan of the 3-4 and don't think we have the ideal components to do it, but if having Wade Phillips meant having a 3-4, I'd come around to it. I just think you get the most out of our best players on D in Donald and Quinn in the positions they're currently in. Could Donald play as a 3-4 DE? Sure. Could Quinn be a stand up 3-4 OLB? Sure, but I don't think that would get the most out of either of them. Our LB core would be a mess IMO. Tree would be the only natural fit as a ILB. Barron is hardly a 4-3 OLB; I don't think he'd hold up doing it in the 3-4. Hayes wouldn't have a position to play--I think he's strictly a 4-3 DE. And we wouldn't have anyone as an edge rusher opposite of Quinn.

Truthfully, in today's NFL, many of the 3-4 schemes resemble 4-3 schemes because of how often they're in the nickel. And that's not counting that the 3-4 schemes that actually look nearly identical to a 4-3 scheme in their base (ex. Ravens).

Wade Phillips's defense is more or less a 4-3 except that he uses heavier personnel. It's not much of a change. I'm sure he can use Hayes as a DE if he desires to do so. Hayes is 6'3" 280ish and excels at playing the run.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

Truthfully, in today's NFL, many of the 3-4 schemes resemble 4-3 schemes because of how often they're in the nickel. And that's not counting that the 3-4 schemes that actually look nearly identical to a 4-3 scheme in their base (ex. Ravens).

Wade Phillips's defense is more or less a 4-3 except that he uses heavier personnel. It's not much of a change. I'm sure he can use Hayes as a DE if he desires to do so. Hayes is 6'3" 280ish and excels at playing the run.

McVay and Phillips is something I can absolutely get behind. Now put Lynn as the OC and Fassel. Do it Rams, please us.

holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:

McVay and Phillips is something I can absolutely get behind. Now put Lynn as the OC and Fassel. Do it Rams, please us.

If the Rams hire McVay to be the Head Coach, it's going to be his offense. He's going to want to bring in someone that is familiar with his offense. Could see someone like Matt Cavanaugh being the new "OC"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn scheduled for a 2nd interview

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McVay held his 2nd interview and is still in LA

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whole lot of smoke on Sean McVay to #Rams. Decision/Hire could happen very soon

Vince Bonsignore (reputable LA sports reporter) twitter

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 14 of 36

Jump to: