You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

who will be our next coach?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12777
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Rams having a second meeting with McVay.

Schefter reporting if he's the hire then Wade Phillips is his DC.


I was under the impression Vance Joseph is keeping Philips in Denver?
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 24425
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want this to happen. Come on, get it done.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Car_Ramrod


Joined: 23 Jan 2016
Posts: 1515
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McVay and Wade Philips would be an amazing combination!

If it does happen would the defense switch to a 3-4? I'm not aware of Wade running anything else...
_________________


2016 Adopt a Ram, Mark Barron OLB

TKL:108 FF:1 INT:2 SCK:1 TFL:5


"That's some 7-9 BS."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 6106
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
I really want this to happen. Come on, get it done.



Agreed. As much as I'd love Shanny, gettin Phillips is enough for me.
_________________
2017 Draft Priority for Pick 37

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 5102
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Rams having a second meeting with McVay.

Schefter reporting if he's the hire then Wade Phillips is his DC.


I was under the impression Vance Joseph is keeping Philips in Denver?

His contract expired he's unemployed. He's said he's open to returning but that was before Joseph became such a strong possibility.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 6106
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car_Ramrod wrote:
McVay and Wade Philips would be an amazing combination!

If it does happen would the defense switch to a 3-4? I'm not aware of Wade running anything else...



Yes we would make the switch. Which would be for the best in the long run IMO. Im a big advocate of 3-4 defense.
_________________
2017 Draft Priority for Pick 37

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12777
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Rams having a second meeting with McVay.

Schefter reporting if he's the hire then Wade Phillips is his DC.


I was under the impression Vance Joseph is keeping Philips in Denver?

His contract expired he's unemployed. He's said he's open to returning but that was before Joseph became such a strong possibility.


Right, but I thought the most recent info that came out suggested that VJ will be keeping Philips as DC?

The Broncos forum seems to be under that impression.
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 64033
Location: Jared Goffs Bed
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:
If it's Shanahan I'll be very happy. I'm curious who he would bring with him as DC. Making his dad GM could be a deal closer and spell the end for Snead.

McVay I'm unsure of. His age and lack of experience scare me. Like his offensive mind though. Who knows. Does anyone know who McVay might bring as a DC?



Im glad you asked.


Quote:
If Sean McVay lands the Rams' HC job, his top option for DC would be Broncos DC Wade Phillips, per league sources.

Liking him more and more.
Adam Schefter.


Please please please happen.


I doubt Wade would want to stay in Dev after being passed up for the job.. Pride man pride..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Car_Ramrod


Joined: 23 Jan 2016
Posts: 1515
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Car_Ramrod wrote:
McVay and Wade Philips would be an amazing combination!

If it does happen would the defense switch to a 3-4? I'm not aware of Wade running anything else...



Yes we would make the switch. Which would be for the best in the long run IMO. Im a big advocate of 3-4 defense.


I love the flexibility of the 3-4 and the pressure you can bring with it. However, we lack many pieces to transition to a 3-4 and don't have many draft picks either. It would take a couple drafts and Fa to make a good defense.
That's what worries me. Plus that probably means getting rid of Donald because he doesn't fit in a 3-4
_________________


2016 Adopt a Ram, Mark Barron OLB

TKL:108 FF:1 INT:2 SCK:1 TFL:5


"That's some 7-9 BS."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12777
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:
If it's Shanahan I'll be very happy. I'm curious who he would bring with him as DC. Making his dad GM could be a deal closer and spell the end for Snead.

McVay I'm unsure of. His age and lack of experience scare me. Like his offensive mind though. Who knows. Does anyone know who McVay might bring as a DC?



Im glad you asked.


Quote:
If Sean McVay lands the Rams' HC job, his top option for DC would be Broncos DC Wade Phillips, per league sources.

Liking him more and more.
Adam Schefter.


Please please please happen.


I doubt Wade would want to stay in Dev after being passed up for the job.. Pride man pride..


Philips won't find another HC gig, he had his shot. He's a great DC and will remain one most likely.
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 64033
Location: Jared Goffs Bed
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Car_Ramrod wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Car_Ramrod wrote:
McVay and Wade Philips would be an amazing combination!

If it does happen would the defense switch to a 3-4? I'm not aware of Wade running anything else...



Yes we would make the switch. Which would be for the best in the long run IMO. Im a big advocate of 3-4 defense.


I love the flexibility of the 3-4 and the pressure you can bring with it. However, we lack many pieces to transition to a 3-4 and don't have many draft picks either. It would take a couple drafts and Fa to make a good defense.
That's what worries me. Plus that probably means getting rid of Donald because he doesn't fit in a 3-4


How wouldn't a top 2-3 NFL defender not fit a 3-4?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 64033
Location: Jared Goffs Bed
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
El ramster wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:
If it's Shanahan I'll be very happy. I'm curious who he would bring with him as DC. Making his dad GM could be a deal closer and spell the end for Snead.

McVay I'm unsure of. His age and lack of experience scare me. Like his offensive mind though. Who knows. Does anyone know who McVay might bring as a DC?



Im glad you asked.


Quote:
If Sean McVay lands the Rams' HC job, his top option for DC would be Broncos DC Wade Phillips, per league sources.

Liking him more and more.
Adam Schefter.


Please please please happen.


I doubt Wade would want to stay in Dev after being passed up for the job.. Pride man pride..


Philips won't find another HC gig, he had his shot. He's a great DC and will remain one most likely.


Yeah but In den.. He's being passed up, When he's helped them win a ring.. That has got to hurt specially if he isn't getting interviewed by them. Just my take.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12777
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
El ramster wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:
If it's Shanahan I'll be very happy. I'm curious who he would bring with him as DC. Making his dad GM could be a deal closer and spell the end for Snead.

McVay I'm unsure of. His age and lack of experience scare me. Like his offensive mind though. Who knows. Does anyone know who McVay might bring as a DC?



Im glad you asked.


Quote:
If Sean McVay lands the Rams' HC job, his top option for DC would be Broncos DC Wade Phillips, per league sources.

Liking him more and more.
Adam Schefter.


Please please please happen.


I doubt Wade would want to stay in Dev after being passed up for the job.. Pride man pride..


Philips won't find another HC gig, he had his shot. He's a great DC and will remain one most likely.


Yeah but In den.. He's being passed up, When he's helped them win a ring.. That has got to hurt specially if he isn't getting interviewed by them. Just my take.


Problem with your take is all the most recent info is suggesting he will remain in Denver as DC
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NVRamsFan


Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Posts: 5102
Location: Reno, NV
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
El ramster wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
El ramster wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:
If it's Shanahan I'll be very happy. I'm curious who he would bring with him as DC. Making his dad GM could be a deal closer and spell the end for Snead.

McVay I'm unsure of. His age and lack of experience scare me. Like his offensive mind though. Who knows. Does anyone know who McVay might bring as a DC?



Im glad you asked.


Quote:
If Sean McVay lands the Rams' HC job, his top option for DC would be Broncos DC Wade Phillips, per league sources.

Liking him more and more.
Adam Schefter.


Please please please happen.


I doubt Wade would want to stay in Dev after being passed up for the job.. Pride man pride..


Philips won't find another HC gig, he had his shot. He's a great DC and will remain one most likely.


Yeah but In den.. He's being passed up, When he's helped them win a ring.. That has got to hurt specially if he isn't getting interviewed by them. Just my take.


Problem with your take is all the most recent info is suggesting he will remain in Denver as DC

Broncos fans on other sites are very worried about him leaving. We will see what happens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEE RAWL


Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 6106
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Bills are closing in on Sean McDermott, #Broncos  finalizing on Vance Joseph… Two openings should be closed today.


Ian Rapoport
_________________
2017 Draft Priority for Pick 37

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 12 of 36

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group