Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adam Gase Report Card
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Adam Gase Report Card Reply with quote

Alright, I know the season is not over yet but I wanted to see what you all thought of Gase? As a HC, OC and QB coach? As it relates to being a 1st year coach here in Miami.

Graded area's
Head Coach
Offensive Coach (He calls the Offensive Plays)
QB coach (Working with the QB's)
Eye for talent (Using what he has and getting production out of players)
Thoughts moving on (What do you see from Gase in say the next 3-5 years)

Adopt a Phins 2016 #1 pick
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Adam Gase Report Card Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
Alright, I know the season is not over yet but I wanted to see what you all thought of Gase?
I think Gase appears to be an excellent head coach. He'll need to show some chops come playoff time, but for now it feels good knowing that we won't be out-coached very often.
phinsforlife

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying this season so freaking much.

A+, let's keep it rolling.
Daryl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coach Gase is the man! He is the guy we have been waiting for sense Shula was forced out. Having said that he isn't perfect and has some room to grow which is awesome. I look at what he is accomplishing right in front of our very eyes and stunning to say the least. I haven't been this optimistic in at least a decade.

HC: A he is the real deal

OC: B I like the flexibility he shows in calling plays but sometimes there is a head scratcher but he is tsill the best we have had and as I mentioned above I thin he is just going to get better as he surrounds himself with "his guys"

QB Coach: B When I hear terms like QB guru or Defensive guru I normally just roll my eye but there is some merit to it with Coach G. Im not a Tannehill fan whatsoever but he has polished him up and made him effective. T-hill has had a career in terms of QB rating and completion percentage so the credit has to go to Gase. I still hope at some point in the next two drafts we draft a guy in the middle rounds to develop as insurance and who might take over eventually.

Eye for talent: incomplete I think we have to wait to see how they build this team in the coming years before we can accurately assess his skill here. Keep in mind most of the players he has he inherited.

Moving forward our future is very bright. I hope we can hold onto Vance Joseph for a while before he becomes a HC he has done a good job without a lot of talent on Defense. The only part on the management/coaching team that scares me is the front office I like Chris Greer but I don't trust Tannebuam at all. That trade last draft fro Carroo was ridiculous giving up two picks to move up for a guy that is buried on the depth chart. We should have stayed pat and drafted him he would have been there. We would have a boat load of picks this draft which is deep on the defensive side of the ball and TE which we could use.

Regardless I am very optimistic going forward and I can see us becoming an AFC power house under Gase the good times are near!!!! Phins Up
Juice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head Coach A+
-All teams try to find a coach that has a great mind for plays as well as be able to command a the whole team. He has this team believing and we have had so many big plays this year. He also seems to be critical with himself and admits when he makes mistakes which is rare.
Offensive Coach A
-as mentioned previously we are hitting some big plays and the offense has an identity now. He isn't quick to ditch the running game. He has gotten use out of Dion Sims and Damien Williams.
QB coach A
-his resume speaks for itself. Tannehill has never looked better. His pocket presence has improved and is taking shots downfield.

Eye for talent N/A
-Don't know yet as he only has had one draft so far and these things take a while.

as you can tell I am very happy with this hire and think we hit it out of the park.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head Coach ( A+) He has turned this team around and done so in an amazing way. 9 of 10 wins after going 1-4 in the first 5 weeks, with the 11th hardest schedule this year, that really speaks alot, he has these players and the fans believing again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka-fqtuyipM

Offensive Coach (He calls the Offensive Plays) (A) I question a few of his play calls but so far I like what I have seen, he is not afraid to put the game on the line, something we havent seen in years. At the end of the day, he is about winning and shows that with several 4th quarter wins.

QB coach (Working with the QB's) (A) He has done a great job with Tanney, I personally hope they draft him a rookie QB of his choice so he can work with him, groom him to be the QB of the future.

Eye for talent (Using what he has and getting production out of players)
As someone said, its hard to say, but using what he has on the team, he has gotten great production value out of several players. I wasnt sure about Stills coming over, but he has been money this season. I am really looking forward to seeing this team grow.

Thoughts moving on (What do you see from Gase in say the next 3-5 years)

The future is now, I think we have found our HC, I look forward to the next 5-10 years under Gase, I know its early and this could possible be a one year thing, Tony Sparrono even had a good year (once) but I think Gase is a leader and he knows how to win, I think dreaming about a Super Bowl appearance in a few years is not out of reach.

Deadeye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
The only part on the management/coaching team that scares me is the front office I like Chris Greer but I don't trust Tannebuam at all. That trade last draft fro Carroo was ridiculous giving up two picks to move up for a guy that is buried on the depth chart. We should have stayed pat and drafted him he would have been there. We would have a boat load of picks this draft which is deep on the defensive side of the ball and TE which we could use.
Man, I'm glad someone reminded us of this harsh reality. T-bomb sux and the faster we dump that turd, the faster we'll be SB contenders. Gase is half of what you need, great coaching. The other half is talent acquisition and he is NOT the right person for the job. After one single draft his squandered pick count is a 3rd and a 4th.
PhinFan79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is about Gase but the hate for Tannehill is so freaking ridiculous... the dude never has an Oline. Most sacked QB since forever. I love the dude. He got to stay on his feet more this year....Gase is good but Gase didn't do it...the Oline is what makes Tannehill look good. Less time on your [inappropriate/removed] is kinda nice. The dude the past few years has been putting up great numbers.......smh...you all....I dont post much anymore but reading the hate then love for the dude this year was hilarious and frustrating. Yet I STILL keep reading people wanting a new QB or to draft one up high or even in mid rounds. I wouldn't mind if we didn't take one at all!
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan79 wrote:
I know this is about Gase but the hate for Tannehill is so freaking ridiculous... the dude never has an Oline. Most sacked QB since forever. I love the dude. He got to stay on his feet more this year....Gase is good but Gase didn't do it...the Oline is what makes Tannehill look good. Less time on your [inappropriate/removed] is kinda nice. The dude the past few years has been putting up great numbers.......smh...you all....I dont post much anymore but reading the hate then love for the dude this year was hilarious and frustrating. Yet I STILL keep reading people wanting a new QB or to draft one up high or even in mid rounds. I wouldn't mind if we didn't take one at all!

Do you notice that the Patriots draft a QB almost every year? There is a reason why you do that. There are gems that fall in the draft because they don't posses prototypical traits. Two are some of the best QB's in the NFL. Dak Prescott who many on this forum wanted the Phins to draft, and Russell Wilson who I and many other wanted the Phins to draft. If the Patriots can draft QB's with Tom Brady on the roster, the Phins can too. I have heard that the Patriots are going to try to trade Garrapolo for multiple picks next year.

I have banged the drum for the Phins to draft Beathard from Iowa. The kid has exceptional accuracy and throws one the best looking passes you will see. Like Wilson he played on a team without an O-line and had a bad senior season. I would love for the Phins to draft him and see what he has. If he eventually beats out Tannehill, fine. If not, he could be traded. This is what great franchises do. Most 3rd to 6th round picks are crap shoots anyway. Most only become special teams players. It is an acceptable risk to take a flyer on a QB in those rounds.

Tannehill is a capable starter, but he is too timid. He needs to start attacking defenses when he sees man coverage. I know his coaching prior to this year was horrible, but he needs to start making this happen.

If Tyrod Taylor gets cut in Buffalo, I'm going to be on here banging the drum to bring him in.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
PhinFan79 wrote:

Do you notice that the Patriots draft a QB almost every year? There is a reason why you do that. There are gems that fall in the draft because they don't posses prototypical traits. Two are some of the best QB's in the NFL. Dak Prescott who many on this forum wanted the Phins to draft, and Russell Wilson who I and many other wanted the Phins to draft. If the Patriots can draft QB's with Tom Brady on the roster, the Phins can too. I have heard that the Patriots are going to try to trade Garrapolo for multiple picks next year.

I have banged the drum for the Phins to draft Beathard from Iowa. The kid has exceptional accuracy and throws one the best looking passes you will see. Like Wilson he played on a team without an O-line and had a bad senior season. I would love for the Phins to draft him and see what he has. If he eventually beats out Tannehill, fine. If not, he could be traded. This is what great franchises do. Most 3rd to 6th round picks are crap shoots anyway. Most only become special teams players. It is an acceptable risk to take a flyer on a QB in those rounds.

Tannehill is a capable starter, but he is too timid. He needs to start attacking defenses when he sees man coverage. I know his coaching prior to this year was horrible, but he needs to start making this happen.

If Tyrod Taylor gets cut in Buffalo, I'm going to be on here banging the drum to bring him in.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause This guy gets it!!!

And especially with a HC who is known for his work on QB's we would be crazy not to look for the next Tom Brady.

green4gulf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
PhinFan79 wrote:

I'm all for drafting a QB every season or two, and for bringing in Tyrod if he's cut.........but I don't remember Russell Wilson having a bad senior year or a bad OLine at Wisconsin. Wilson had the best year of his college career at Wisconsin and posted a 191.8 passer rating with 33TDs and 4 INTs....3175 passing yards....72.8 completion percentage.... over 10 yards per attempt avg. If that's a bad senior year, then I would love to see what a good one is LOL.

But to your point of never stop looking for an upgrade at QB, I agree.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:
PhinFan79 wrote:

I'm all for drafting a QB every season or two, and for bringing in Tyrod if he's cut.........but I don't remember Russell Wilson having a bad senior year or a bad OLine at Wisconsin. Wilson had the best year of his college career at Wisconsin and posted a 191.8 passer rating with 33TDs and 4 INTs....3175 passing yards....72.8 completion percentage.... over 10 yards per attempt avg. If that's a bad senior year, then I would love to see what a good one is LOL.

But to your point of never stop looking for an upgrade at QB, I agree.

I remember the scouting reports for Wilson, I read them up and down. He was knocked for one, being very mechanical. Most scouts didn't know if he was successful because he was a good QB, or because he was a great athlete. They also didn't like the fact that he bailed out of the pocket allot. That is where my O-line comment came from. They felt he spent too much time scrabling.

Now in the NFL, that ability has been his saving grace, but most scouts gave him 3rd to 5th round grade.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
Now in the NFL, that ability has been his saving grace, but most scouts gave him 3rd to 5th round grade.
Yes, and the Seahawks did in fact draft RW in the third round. They absolutely LOVED the guy going into the draft, but contained their excitement and drafted him just before other teams would start looking at him. That trait, the ability to not panic, is sadly lacking in our FO.
Rgossett07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan79 wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Reading peoples uneducated posts on here is ridiculous. OL is a major part of QB play. As well as continuity with OC, which Tannehill has had different ones almost every season..
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why couldn't the Bears have hired him instead of Fox as HC Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: