Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Prospects and Mock Draft Discussion v.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Also, for my cap space nerds. Who should we cut and how much would we save theoretically?

Here are guys we could consider cutting:

QB Robert Griffin III
WR Andrew Hawkins
TE Gary Barnidge
RG John Greco
DT Desmond Bryant
MLB DeMario Davis
CB Tramon Williams

All of these players are making more than they're worth. Now obviously we shouldn't cut all of them...and probably shouldn't cut any of them until we find good replacements. But those are the guys that will be looked at as possible cap casualties.

I expect us to cut Andrew Hawkins, John Greco, Desmond Bryant, and Tramon Williams. Retaining Barnidge, Davis, and RGIII.

The only reason I put Barnidge on the list as a possible cut is because I think we look to add another young TE this year early. OJ Howard or David Njoku would make Barnidge expendable.

As far as how much this would save us...not sure.
tbone32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Also, for my cap space nerds. Who should we cut and how much would we save theoretically?

Here are guys we could consider cutting:

QB Robert Griffin III
WR Andrew Hawkins
TE Gary Barnidge
RG John Greco
DT Desmond Bryant
MLB DeMario Davis
CB Tramon Williams

All of these players are making more than they're worth. Now obviously we shouldn't cut all of them...and probably shouldn't cut any of them until we find good replacements. But those are the guys that will be looked at as possible cap casualties.

I expect us to cut Andrew Hawkins, John Greco, Desmond Bryant, and Tramon Williams. Retaining Barnidge, Davis, and RGIII.

The only reason I put Barnidge on the list as a possible cut is because I think we look to add another young TE this year early. OJ Howard or David Njoku would make Barnidge expendable.

As far as how much this would save us...not sure.

I think Browns could actually use a 4th TE. Njoku I think is a slot TE and Browns have 2 in Barnridge and Devalve. Telfer is fine as a blocking TE. Browns need a 4th TE like Howard or Butt who can do both skills.
Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about Haden, he is due 14 million and his play is average to above average.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't like it, but if we draft Watson at 1 I can see Sashi wanting to do what the Colts did in 2012 and load up on offensive talent around Deshaun.

2016 Adopt a Brownie - Joe Schoebert & Christian Kirksey
bosko1616

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I won't like it, but if we draft Watson at 1 I can see Sashi wanting to do what the Colts did in 2012 and load up on offensive talent around Deshaun.

Ya that's worked out really well for them. Playoff teams do two things well run the ball and have good defenses. You want a guy to succeed. Build his line and the defense. Control the clock and stop the run.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't taking Watson #1. Not even worth discussing IMO.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bored. Going to do a crazy trade down mock, although I don't want to do that in real life.

FREE AGENTS:

Ricky Wagner OT
Dre Kirkpatrick CB
Kevin Zeitler OG

#1 for #3, 2018 1st, 2017 2nd.
#3 for #11, 2018 1st, 2017 2nd.
#11 for #28, 2018 1st, 2017 2nd, 2017 4th.

#12-Malik Hooker FS Ohio State
#28-Takkarist McKinley DE UCLA
2nd-David Njoku TE Miami Fl.
2nd-Jabrill Peppers SS Michigan
2nd-Caleb Brantley DT Florida
2nd-Carl Lawson DE Auburn
2nd-Jourdan Lewis CB Michigan
3rd-Tyler Orlosky C West Virginia
4th-Damontae Kazee CB San Diego State
4th-Kareem Hunt RB Toledo
4th-Ryan Switzer WR North Carolina
5th-Daeshon Hall DE Texas A&M
5th-Greg Pyke OG Georgia
6th-Nathan Peterman QB Pittsburgh
6th-Rayshawn Jenkins SS Miami Fl.

QB: RGIII/Kessler/Peterman
RB: Crowell/Johnson/Hunt
FB: Vitale
WR: Pryor/Coleman/Switzer/Higgins/Louis/Alford
TE: Barnidge/Njoku/DeValve/Telfer
LT: Thomas/Coleman
LG: Bitonio/Pyke
C: Orlosky/Reiter
RG: Zeitler/Drango
RT: Wagner/Erving

LE: Ogbah/Nassib/Hall
DT: Shelton/Brantley/Cooper/Meder
RE: McKinley/Lawson/Orchard
WLB: Kirksey/Alexander
MLB: Davis/Carder/UDFA
SLB: Collins/Schobert
CB: Haden/Taylor/Lewis/BBC/Kazee
FS: Hooker/Kindred
SS: Peppers/Jenkins

Go get your QB and a MLB in 2018 with your 4 1st round picks Wink

.....or just take Garrett, which is what I'd do in reality.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we need to cut anybody? We're already bare bones as it is. Laughing

Thanks Reg!
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I was finally able to watch the NC. And I don't get the Watson hype. Why are people elevating him up the proverbial draft boards? I saw one wow throw. Several nice throws. A couple of Williams bail outs. And quite a few inaccurate throws.

Thanks Reg!
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:

I mean you can save 20 million by getting rid of RG3, Tramon Williams, Josh McCown and Alvin Bailey

You could get RG Zeitler and RT Wagner for that salary and still have like 110 million to play with

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
Ok so I was finally able to watch the NC. And I don't get the Watson hype. Why are people elevating him up the proverbial draft boards? I saw one wow throw. Several nice throws. A couple of Williams bail outs. And quite a few inaccurate throws.

I saw what you saw. A guy who is nowhere near NFL ready as a passer. He has potential. He had as much potential to fall on his face as he does succeed though. It'd be such an unwise high investment. He worth the day 2 risk to me, but that's as far as I'll go.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:

I mean you can save 20 million by getting rid of RG3, Tramon Williams, Josh McCown and Alvin Bailey

You could get RG Zeitler and RT Wagner for that salary and still have like 110 million to play with

Yeah I get it but we need to keep some veteran leadership even if they suck.

Thanks Reg!
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:

I saw what you saw. A guy who is nowhere near NFL ready as a passer. He has potential. He had as much potential to fall on his face as he does succeed though. It'd be such an unwise high investment. He worth the day 2 risk to me, but that's as far as I'll go.

Yeah I'd take him in the 2nd round. There are some nice qualities with him. Contrary to popular belief he can read defenses...albeit only half a field. Can Hue "coach him up"?

Thanks Reg!
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:

He is not near as bad as all the haters in here are making it seem. A lot of people calling him a 2nd-4th round project QB. He is not near as good as the media hype is making it seem right now either. He has some ability and he did some nice things against Alabama I had never seen from him before. I saw on a few occasions him moving a defender with his eyes and then throw back to the window he created.

I watched that game about 15 times in the last few days each time focusing on someone new.

#54 Dalvin Tomlinson was having a monster game. If it were not for them winning Clemson interior line would have went to bed hating life on Monday night. Really has me intrigued. Hope to see him at the Senior Bowl. I am going to go back and watch more Alabama and watch him instead of the big names.

#2 Tony Brown is an impressive player. He has an attitude about him. He has what they used to call swag. He has been impressive against Washington and Clemson. I really want to watch more of him.

#22 Ryan Anderson has such a violent and powerful upper body even when he doesn't get home to the QB the OT sure as hell knows he was just in a dog fit. The only thing I would be concerned about with him is if he has the flexibility in his hips to flatten the corner. The more I watch him the more I feel he is going to be a better pro than Reuben Foster.

#10 Reuben Foster lightning fast and highly aggressive. Looks thinner and thinner every game I watch him. He may very well struggle to keep weight on during the season at the pro level.

#7 Mike Williams is a flat out stud. All the hype surrounding DeShaun Watson but the real star was Williams. Some have been questioning his speed to get deep or overall athletic ability to do much after the catch. I say hogwash this kid is going to be a highly productive #1 in the NFL.

#56 Tim Williams was less than impressive yet again. He is small for a pass rusher and offers almost no power. I don't get the hype myself. I like Ryan Anderson far more on his own team. I'd take Garrett, Takk, Barnett, Thomas, Taco, Harris, Kpass, Smoot and Anderson before Williams if I needed a pass rusher and there may be others because that was just off the top of my head.

Jamison on the sig
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:

Yeah I get it but we need to keep some veteran leadership even if they suck.

Disagree. Why hang on to dead weight? Veteran leadership is overrated as long as your HC doesn't let the inmates run the asylum. Hue seems to have a good command over his team.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

Jump to: