Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16 GDT: Baltimore Ravens (8-6) @ Pittsburgh (9-5)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:08 am    Post subject: Week 16 GDT: Baltimore Ravens (8-6) @ Pittsburgh (9-5) Reply with quote

@

Obviously this is an incredibly important game in the context of the season - win and we're in the box seat to win the division, lose and see Pittsburgh claim the division right in front of us.

It'll be a tough task to shut down their passing game given that it's looking like Jimmy Smith will be missing his 2nd straight game and that successfully pressuring Roethlisberger is going to be harder than we're used to given the improvement in their OL.

On the other side of the ball, here's hoping "Play-Off Flacco" appears to give the offense a chance of putting up enough points.

------------

And finally, I just want to wish everyone a very safe and happy holidays!

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Danand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having 8 games on the 24th (we celebrate christmas in the evening in Denmark) is really unfair. My dad and I contemplated on how we could watch the game, but my girlfriend and mother in law won't allow it. Neither will my mom or my sister. Not cool

That stuff happening the 25th, I will be so disappointed if we lose, even though I don't have a reason to. Losing to the Steelers in Pittsbleh without our most important piece on defense isn't bad.

Ravens 24 - 23 Steelers
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Baltimore's season. Pittsburgh has Cleveland next week so there's virtually no chance they lose that one. I don't even know if the Ravens would have the tiebreaker if they lost this one and win week 17 and vice versa for the Steelers. Can't lose this week. All there is to it.

Lots of pressure on the offense and Pees going up against a good offense without Smith in the secondary. It's a Ravens-Steelers game so trying to predict how it will go is impossible but I'm not feeling particularly great. Hopefully playoff Flacco and aggressive Pees show up to the game.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
This is Baltimore's season. Pittsburgh has Cleveland next week so there's virtually no chance they lose that one. I don't even know if the Ravens would have the tiebreaker if they lost this one and win week 17 and vice versa for the Steelers. Can't lose this week. All there is to it.

Lots of pressure on the offense and Pees going up against a good offense without Smith in the secondary. It's a Ravens-Steelers game so trying to predict how it will go is impossible but I'm not feeling particularly great. Hopefully playoff Flacco and aggressive Pees show up to the game.

If we had an even number of wins currently, then we would hold the tiebreaker in that scenario by virtue of division records (we would be 5-1 and they would be 4-2), however, as it stands they would have one more win against us.

I hear you that it's a game I'm clearly worried about, but I feel like with all the negativity surrounding our game vs. the Eagles, it gets lost that the Steelers just trailed the majority of the game vs. the Bungles and iced it with a suspect PI call (more importantly the trailing aspect). Add to that, two weeks ago, Ben is throwing pick after pick in a win to Buffalo. I just don't think they have been otherworldly by any stretch, although its largely being made out to be that they're so great and we've been scuffling.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

their offense is more consistent at home, so i'm worried without jimmy. hopefully flacco realizes the importance of this game and he goes into play off mode

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
If we had an even number of wins currently, then we would hold the tiebreaker in that scenario by virtue of division records (we would be 5-1 and they would be 4-2), however, as it stands they would have one more win against us.

I hear you that it's a game I'm clearly worried about, but I feel like with all the negativity surrounding our game vs. the Eagles, it gets lost that the Steelers just trailed the majority of the game vs. the Bungles and iced it with a suspect PI call (more importantly the trailing aspect). Add to that, two weeks ago, Ben is throwing pick after pick in a win to Buffalo. I just don't think they have been otherworldly by any stretch, although its largely being made out to be that they're so great and we've been scuffling.

Division game against not the Browns. And to add to that the Bungles moniker hasn't been relevant in a few years. They're having a down year but are still a team with a lot of talent. I don't put much stock into the Steelers trailing them for most of a game... that they still ended up winning. The Bills are a weird team that has unpredictable ups and downs, but again, Pittsburgh still won. They've been more impressive than the Ravens this season.

If Baltimore has any chance at winning the game the running game must get going so the offense can control the clock. And for that to happen Mornhinweg has to reverse course which doesn't seem likely. Marty is unsurprisingly terrible. On a side note Harbaugh can rant and rave all he wants about the Ravens getting back to running the football and that being "their" style but until it happens they're just empty words. He has no real impact offensively or defensively.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Ideally we score first. FG or TD, I think it's important in setting a tone and gaining confidence.

2.) Need to stick with the run. Seems to have been an issue every year we have a OC not named Kubiak.

3.) Need Steve Smith and Mike Wallace involved. They're both frustrated with lack of targets, want to see creative ways to get the ball in both of their hands. Quick screens/pick routes, need them both engaged.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
3.) Need Steve Smith and Mike Wallace involved.

This is the top key for me. The Steelers have a great ILB duo covering the backs and TEs, so that checkdown 50 time BS isn't going to work. We need to test their secondary on the outside.

I'd say I want Tavon on Brown (with safety help too), but there is no chance of Pees doing that.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
dcarey20 wrote:
3.) Need Steve Smith and Mike Wallace involved.

This is the top key for me. The Steelers have a great ILB duo covering the backs and TEs, so that checkdown 50 time BS isn't going to work. We need to test their secondary on the outside.

I'd say I want Tavon on Brown (with safety help too), but there is no chance of Pees doing that.

Yup. Shazier has always been supremely talented but he is @ the peak of his young career right now. Fully healthy and putting it together on a consistent basis. He's gonna be tough on our backs.

Wallace and Smith are both going to be emotionally charged up and we need to take advantage. Don't know how the Steelers will play them for sure, but Steve Smith should hopefully be able to bully a guy like Artie Burns. Wallace (and Perriman while I'm at it) need to put pressure on Sean Davis and Mike Mitchell over the top.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Coates and Lardarius Green - big for us, especially with Jimmy out. DHB may not play either which leaves them ridiculously thin at WR. Let Tavon shadow AB with help at all times and call it a day. See if any one else can beat us. Tavon played supremely well against Brown last time and his skill set matches Brown's well. Doesn't mean we'll shut him down, but my point is that their lack of playmaking options outside of Brown and Le'Veon is pretty big when you really take a long look at it.

Regardless, nervous as always for this game.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

need flacco to get it through his head that this is a play off game now. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
INACTIVES:
Jimmy Smith
Javorius Allen
Brennen Beyer
Lamar Louis
Ryan Jensen
Alex Lewis
Crockett Gillmore

Nothing too surprising. Would have been nice to get Lewis back and at right guard, although that kind of position switch after an injury might be risky.
Danand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
INACTIVES:
Jimmy Smith
Javorius Allen
Brennen Beyer
Lamar Louis
Ryan Jensen
Alex Lewis
Crockett Gillmore

Nothing too surprising. Would have been nice to get Lewis back and at right guard, although that kind of position switch after an injury might be risky.

So nothing changed really. Too bad, I hoped Crockett Gillmore could have made it to match Steelers physicality.

We have a fair shot to win this game, lets hope our players face the challenge and make week 17 interesting as well.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
INACTIVES:
Jimmy Smith
Javorius Allen
Brennen Beyer
Lamar Louis
Ryan Jensen
Alex Lewis
Crockett Gillmore

Why is Hurst active over Alex Lewis?

I also find it hard to believe there isn't someone we can afford to sit to get Gillmore back out there.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
INACTIVES:
Jimmy Smith
Javorius Allen
Brennen Beyer
Lamar Louis
Ryan Jensen
Alex Lewis
Crockett Gillmore

Why is Hurst active over Alex Lewis?

I also find it hard to believe there isn't someone we can afford to sit to get Gillmore back out there.

they're probably not ready yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: