You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Five Titans selected to the Pro Bowl....what?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Lewan and Conklin might end up being better than Roos and Big Country.... Shocked

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Lewan and Conklin might end up being better than Roos and Big Country.... Shocked

Lewan might be perceived as better as Roos in the long run, because Lewan will self-publicize himself better than Roos.
Lewan is going to be in commercials. Imagine if we won the Super Bowl ever, he'd be all over the place.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewan's season this year is probably better than any season Roos ever had. Roos was consistently very good, but not sure he ever had a season where he'd be classified as elite. This has been that kind of season for Lewan. If not for penalties and a Bears game where he probably shouldn't have even played(if you go back and watch that game his pass blocking was mediocre, his knee was clearly bothering him), you could probably call this as close to a flawless season a LT can have.

#MTGA
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Lewan's season this year is probably better than any season Roos ever had. Roos was consistently very good, but not sure he ever had a season where he'd be classified as elite. This has been that kind of season for Lewan. If not for penalties and a Bears game where he probably shouldn't have even played(if you go back and watch that game his pass blocking was mediocre, his knee was clearly bothering him), you could probably call this as close to a flawless season a LT can have.

whaaa? there was a 2-3 year stretch (at least) where roos was pretty widely acknowledged to be a top 3 tackle
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

whaaa? there was a 2-3 year stretch (at least) where roos was pretty widely acknowledged to be a top 3 tackle

Yea Roos was up there with the elite OTs at one point. He never got the publicity he deserved but he was certainly a stretch of elite play.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Would have to go back and think of every tackle he was up against in that regard(but top 3 doesn't sound too far off given how down tackle play has been), but being top 3 doesn't make you elite(I mean I suppose elite relative to the rest of the players currently at your position, but compared on an all-time scale is what I mean). The only(consistently) elite guy we've had at OT for the past decade or so is Joe Thomas, at least for how I determine elite.

#MTGA
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Would have to go back and think of every tackle he was up against in that regard(but top 3 doesn't sound too far off given how down tackle play has been), but being top 3 doesn't make you elite(I mean I suppose elite relative to the rest of the players currently at your position, but compared on an all-time scale is what I mean). The only(consistently) elite guy we've had at OT for the past decade or so is Joe Thomas, at least for how I determine elite.

He was elite in that time period. Top 3 OTs for a while were Jake Long, Joe Thomas, and Roos. Long and Roos fell off, Thomas didn't. That's the difference between a HOF player and a guy who had a few elite seasons.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

He was elite in that time period. Top 3 OTs for a while were Jake Long, Joe Thomas, and Roos. Long and Roos fell off, Thomas didn't. That's the difference between a HOF player and a guy who had a few elite seasons.

I don't recall ever thinking of Roos as an elite run blocker. Can argue he played at that level in terms of pass blocking, certainly, but the power was never there for run blocking from what I can recall.

For example in ypc behind left tackle under Roos we were(and I realize this stat isn't the end all be all for the discussion, but just a point to add in)

2008 - 4.12(16th in the NFL)
2009 - 3.45(31st in the NFL)
2010 - 2.82(32nd in the NFL)
2011 - 3.45(27th in the NFL)
2012 - 3.87(21st in the NFL)
2013 - 3.76(19th in the NFL)

And he only played 5 games in 2014, but - 4.30(7th in the NFL)

2015 we were 3.87(16th in the NFL)
2016 so far we are 5.15(1st in the NFL)

So we never finished above 16th in the NFL under Roos in run blocking unless you want to count 2014 where Roos only played in 5 games(Lewan played in 6, then we had a couple different guys after he got hurt if I recall right).

Lewan has already matched his 2nd best season with his 2015 performance and this year is blowing Roos' best year out of the water.

It's all subjective I suppose as to what you want to classify as elite, but for me personally I don't think his level of play matched that.

#MTGA
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our OL is so good this year that we are arguing over OLs in the past.

I love it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDeeeeej wrote:
Our OL is so good this year that we are arguing over OLs in the past.

I love it.

Me too Very Happy Very Happy

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Conklin our #8 pick. The pick not many of us wanted. I didn't want an OT at all in the 1st round.

Well he is now an All-Pro as a rookie. First one I can remember in a while.

Quite an accomplishment.
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Jack Conklin our #8 pick. The pick not many of us wanted. I didn't want an OT at all in the 1st round.

Well he is now an All-Pro as a rookie. First one I can remember in a while.

Quite an accomplishment.
He should definitely send a thank you card to PFF, since they almost certainly gave him that honor. Laughing

Props to mike23md on the sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All-pro but not a pro-bowler.... what a joke the pro bowl is Laughing

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

He doesn't deserve the all-pro slot, so it's irrelevant overall really.

#MTGA
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

He doesn't deserve the all-pro slot, so it's irrelevant overall really.
Yeah, he really benefited from PFF and the fact that this is the first year the All-Pro teams have divided the OL spots by position.

Props to mike23md on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: