Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Five Titans selected to the Pro Bowl....what?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
VY-FTW


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 7478
Location: I'm WAYYYY Up
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We back? Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 7502
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray and Casey extra happy too.

Quote:
Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 3m3 minutes ago

DeMarco Murray picks up a $100,000 incentive with his Pro Bowl selection.


Quote:
Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel 8m8 minutes ago

Jurrell Casey triggered a $100,000 2017 base salary escalator with his Pro Bowl selection.

_________________

#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32494
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of shocked Casey made it.
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 7502
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Kind of shocked Casey made it.


Can chalk that up to players/coaches vote. They realize how big of an impact he makes.
_________________

#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 27459
Location: bawstun
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Kind of shocked Casey made it.


Can chalk that up to players/coaches vote. They realize how big of an impact he makes.

even so, he's had a pretty quiet year by his standards. amidst all the positives to come out of this season, i'm sort of surprised he only has 3 sacks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheDeeeeej


Joined: 02 Feb 2008
Posts: 15461
Location: Nashville
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Kind of shocked Casey made it.


Can chalk that up to players/coaches vote. They realize how big of an impact he makes.

even so, he's had a pretty quiet year by his standards. amidst all the positives to come out of this season, i'm sort of surprised he only has 3 sacks.


His play last year was much better and he only made it as an alternate.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 7502
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Kind of shocked Casey made it.


Can chalk that up to players/coaches vote. They realize how big of an impact he makes.

even so, he's had a pretty quiet year by his standards. amidst all the positives to come out of this season, i'm sort of surprised he only has 3 sacks.


Quiet in terms of statistics, but not impact. He eats up blockers, it's why Rak and Morgan have had the seasons they've had.
_________________

#MTGA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 23 May 2009
Posts: 2674
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
TitanTuff wrote:
No Conklin WUT!!



WOW how about that!


He's an alternate, so we'll see.


But why the Hell is he an alternate? He should be right in there with Lewan. They've been the probably best OT duo in the NFL.
_________________
HEALTH STATEMENT: I'm not "fat", just well nutritioned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lamont


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 4546
Location: Tennessee
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
No Conklin WUT!!



WOW how about that!


I'm sorry. What is this thread about again? Drool

Seriously. Congrats to the 5 guys that made it. Much deserved by all. I want 3 subs to make it. Especially Mariota and Conklin. It would be great for Conklin to make it as a rookie. Arrow pointing straight up for this OL. Hopefully Lewan (and Conklin) bring the entire OL and Russ Grimm to Orlando to hang out. Most Pro Bowlers since 2008. Wow!
_________________

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 6025
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had a losing record but these 5 played the exact same Murray is probably the only one who gets in.

It's nice to have some good players get recognition.
_________________
Jason McCourty
Wesley Woodyard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingTitan


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 14459
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as he was, we have to give Webster a little credit.
He brought in Orakpo. Drafted Lewan (Mariota). Brought in Delanie Walker

Not Pro Bowlers but big contributor
DaQuan Jones, Avery Williamson, Wesley Woodyard, Quinton Spain, Al Woods, Anthony Fasano

So...Small hand clap for Webster.... Smile
_________________
Proud member of the DARK SIDE. I've embraced Mike Murlarkey as my Head Coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 34712
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
As bad as he was, we have to give Webster a little credit.
He brought in Orakpo. Drafted Lewan (Mariota). Brought in Delanie Walker

Not Pro Bowlers but big contributor
DaQuan Jones, Avery Williamson, Wesley Woodyard, Quinton Spain, Al Woods, Anthony Fasano

So...Small hand clap for Webster.... Smile
Your positivity has officially crossed the line KT. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Laughing
_________________

Props to mike23md on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 59256
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
As bad as he was, we have to give Webster a little credit.
He brought in Orakpo. Drafted Lewan (Mariota). Brought in Delanie Walker

Not Pro Bowlers but big contributor
DaQuan Jones, Avery Williamson, Wesley Woodyard, Quinton Spain, Al Woods, Anthony Fasano

So...Small hand clap for Webster.... Smile
Your positivity has officially crossed the line KT. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Laughing


Yeah, the Mariota pick is really no praise to him, either. We were getting whoever the Bucs didn't take. He just got lucky they took the wrong one. Cool
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
615finest


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 846
Location: Atlanta, GA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jack Conklin is an alternate for the Pro Bowl. That sounds great, but not outstanding until you realize that he is the only right tackle in the NFL that got selected to the Pro Bowl even as an alternate.

The Titans are the only team with both of their offensive tackles in the Pro Bowl, which again is amazing after where the Titans were just a year ago.




Quote:
The best example of this is the Pro Bowl. Not that they made it, but the talent in the Pro Bowl that the Titans have faced. Look at this breakdown.

-An offensive tackle can only really go against 3 position groups: Defensive ends, Outside linebackers and Interior defenders.

–Only three players from each position can go to the Pro Bowl. That means that only 9 players total will make the Pro Bowl from those positions.

-Of the 9 possible players in the Pro Bowl, the Titans own Brian Orakpo and Jurrell Casey take up 2 of those slots.

-Of the remaining 7 spots the Titans have faced 5 of them: Cameron Wake, Jadeveon Clowney, Khalil Mack, Ndamukong Suh, and Von Miller.

-That group combined for (wait for it) 1 sack and 1.5 TFLs.


Read this on fox sports and thought it was interesting
_________________
TITAN UP!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32494
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

615finest wrote:
Quote:
Jack Conklin is an alternate for the Pro Bowl. That sounds great, but not outstanding until you realize that he is the only right tackle in the NFL that got selected to the Pro Bowl even as an alternate.

The Titans are the only team with both of their offensive tackles in the Pro Bowl, which again is amazing after where the Titans were just a year ago.




Quote:
The best example of this is the Pro Bowl. Not that they made it, but the talent in the Pro Bowl that the Titans have faced. Look at this breakdown.

-An offensive tackle can only really go against 3 position groups: Defensive ends, Outside linebackers and Interior defenders.

–Only three players from each position can go to the Pro Bowl. That means that only 9 players total will make the Pro Bowl from those positions.

-Of the 9 possible players in the Pro Bowl, the Titans own Brian Orakpo and Jurrell Casey take up 2 of those slots.


-Of the remaining 7 spots the Titans have faced 5 of them: Cameron Wake, Jadeveon Clowney, Khalil Mack, Ndamukong Suh, and Von Miller.

-That group combined for (wait for it) 1 sack and 1.5 TFLs.


Read this on fox sports and thought it was interesting


Lewan and Conklin might end up being better than Roos and Big Country.... Shocked
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group