You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 16:Bucs(8-6)@Saints(6-8) LATE SATURDAY GAME
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Week 16:Bucs(8-6)@Saints(6-8) LATE SATURDAY GAME Reply with quote

Don't forget folks, because of Christmas almost all the games are being played on Saturday. Only 2 games are being played on Suday.

So moving on from that Dallas loss and here is the current NFL playoff picture:
Packers hold the 6th seed. A lot of folks think we do, but we do not. If you go to NFL.com to this link: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture you will see that we have the 7th seed and are outside looking in. I was confused about this too, but someone at Pewter Report cleared it up:
Quote:
Packers opponents have 99 wins. Bucs have 98. Of course.

So there you have it. We need help but we are going to get it in a major way. As I said in the Bucs news thread, Detroit is playing Dallas next Monday night at Dallas. If Detroit drops that game, which has a high chance of happening then they fall to 9-6. The week after that they play the Packers. What does this mean?
If we finish season 2-0, AND Detroit losses next week, we get in.
Packers beat Lions in week 17, the Lions will be eliminated
Lions beat packers in week 17 and the Packers will be eliminated
It's a win-win for us either way but it ONLY works if Dallas can beat them next week. Another scenario is if Packers lose to Vikings next week but cmon.....the state the Vikings are in right now, I don't think they can beat the Browns.

ON TO THE SAINTS GAME:
So this is where it gets hard. Saints offense got revived in Arizona last Sunday. They dropped 49 points on Arizona.........and coming into that game Arizona had the 3rd ranked defense, and that was AT Arizona........we are playing the Saints at the Dome where in the Drew Brees era they have always played much better.
Saints are still TECHNICALLY alive in the playoff race so they are going to come out full of fire.

What really scares me for this game is our problems at RT. We all saw how badly Gosder Cherilus got beat. He derailed our whole offense in the 2nd half. From what it looks like, it seems we will get Damar Dotson back, but if you guys remember when we played the Saints last time, Cameron Jordan ate him alive. He dominated Doston all game and I fear the same could happen. If I am the Saints and am watching the last Bucs-Saints matchup as well as the Dallas game, I am seeing that the Bucs have a major problem at RT so my gameplan would be to attack the hell out of that.
I hope Koetter and company are expecting this.

Injury updates:
Quote:
Still in concussion protocol, but promising for Bucs that right tackle Demar Dotson is practicing today for first time in two weeks.

Quote:
Bucs receiver Mike Evans, who missed a handful of snaps Sunday, is not practicing today. Still working on side, seems precautionary.

Quote:
And Gerald McCoy, who's been held out first Bucs practice of last few weeks, was out there today, another good sign of him being healthy.
sryan66611

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Week 16:Bucs(8-6)@Saints(6-8) LATE SATURDAY GAME Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Don't forget folks, because of Christmas almost all the games are being played on Saturday. Only 2 games are being played on Suday.

So moving on from that Dallas loss and here is the current NFL playoff picture:
Packers hold the 6th seed. A lot of folks think we do, but we do not. If you go to NFL.com to this link: http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture you will see that we have the 7th seed and are outside looking in. I was confused about this too, but someone at Pewter Report cleared it up:
Quote:
Packers opponents have 99 wins. Bucs have 98. Of course.

So there you have it. We need help but we are going to get it in a major way. As I said in the Bucs news thread, Detroit is playing Dallas next Monday night at Dallas. If Detroit drops that game, which has a high chance of happening then they fall to 9-6. The week after that they play the Packers. What does this mean?
If we finish season 2-0, AND Detroit losses next week, we get in.
Packers beat Lions in week 17, the Lions will be eliminated
Lions beat packers in week 17 and the Packers will be eliminated
It's a win-win for us either way but it ONLY works if Dallas can beat them next week. Another scenario is if Packers lose to Vikings next week but cmon.....the state the Vikings are in right now, I don't think they can beat the Browns.

ON TO THE SAINTS GAME:
So this is where it gets hard. Saints offense got revived in Arizona last Sunday. They dropped 49 points on Arizona.........and coming into that game Arizona had the 3rd ranked defense, and that was AT Arizona........we are playing the Saints at the Dome where in the Drew Brees era they have always played much better.
Saints are still TECHNICALLY alive in the playoff race so they are going to come out full of fire.

What really scares me for this game is our problems at RT. We all saw how badly Gosder Cherilus got beat. He derailed our whole offense in the 2nd half. From what it looks like, it seems we will get Damar Dotson back, but if you guys remember when we played the Saints last time, Cameron Jordan ate him alive. He dominated Doston all game and I fear the same could happen. If I am the Saints and am watching the last Bucs-Saints matchup as well as the Dallas game, I am seeing that the Bucs have a major problem at RT so my gameplan would be to attack the hell out of that.
I hope Koetter and company are expecting this.

Injury updates:
Quote:
Still in concussion protocol, but promising for Bucs that right tackle Demar Dotson is practicing today for first time in two weeks.

Quote:
Bucs receiver Mike Evans, who missed a handful of snaps Sunday, is not practicing today. Still working on side, seems precautionary.

Quote:
And Gerald McCoy, who's been held out first Bucs practice of last few weeks, was out there today, another good sign of him being healthy.

Cherilus was the one who got abused by Cam Jordan last game vs. the Saints not saying Dotson will not get abused but hopefully he can hold up a bit better than Cherilus. Dotson was out with the concussion pretty sure it was his first game out. We also were missing Conte, Humphries, and Luke Stocker.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for this game. We all know what the deficiencies on the Bucs roster. Even with these issues they were able to have a 5 game winning streak. So in most other areas the roster is pretty good.

I respect Brees, but the Saints haven't been unbeatable at home for awhile. The Cards tried to play a lot of zone on Sunday and frankly they weren't very good. Brees picked them apart. Full credit to him.

If the offense can just limit the tackles for loss, I expect the Bucs to win. They should have plenty of motivation.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think we'll have to switch up our GP for the second game. Brees and company seen what we did with our coverage so we should NOT think it'll work again. It could be a high scoring game or it may be a defensive slugfest like last game. No idea but we need Winston to be sharp and not make any mistakes.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Dotson is out for Sunday (I hope he gets better, never like to see any player suffer from concussion symptoms this long). I'm hoping Pamphile can play well enough, not only for the victory, but also as an option going forward next season in revamping the offensive line.

I doubt Koetter goes in another direction at RT, this late in the year. Evan Smith will start at LG with Benenoch active.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Looks like Dotson is out for Sunday (I hope he gets better, never like to see any player suffer from concussion symptoms this long). I'm hoping Pamphile can play well enough, not only for the victory, but also as an option going forward next season in revamping the offensive line.

I doubt Koetter goes in another direction at RT, this late in the year. Evan Smith will start at LG with Benenoch active.
Pamphile is playing RT? Evan Smith playing guard means we clearly don't want to run the football tomorrow. I expect Sheldon Rankins to make a couple TFL.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Pamphile is playing RT? Evan Smith playing guard means we clearly don't want to run the football tomorrow. I expect Sheldon Rankins to make a couple TFL.

Well maybe this can be a chance to see what Pamphile can do at RT. Could be reason for us to go after Dan Feeney in the draft if Pamphile can finish out the season strong.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Well maybe this can be a chance to see what Pamphile can do at RT. Could be reason for us to go after Dan Feeney in the draft if Pamphile can finish out the season strong.

Just as long as we don't see Gosder Cherilus........I swear if I see that guy come out on the field I will just start puking on the spot.

Not having Dotson SUCKS however. Not saying Pamphile can't get it done, but Cam Jordan is having a very good year.

Also ANOTHER thing is, in New Orleans they are having a big stink how no Saints got voted into the pro bowl. They are saying Drew Brees and Cam Jordan are going to come out this game with a huge chip on their shoulder.

This will not be an easy game at all...
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I just don't see Koetter trusting a rookie at this point in the season, that's why Pamphile makes the most sense. It's not like Dotson was tremendous this season, except he looked like an All pro compared to Cherlius.

It would be a ballsy move to go with an unproven player. Let's not forget when Luke Pettigout when down in Charlotte, a little known lineman from the Vikings practice squad. become a main stay - Donald Penn
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I just don't see Koetter trusting a rookie at this point in the season, that's why Pamphile makes the most sense. It's not like Dotson was tremendous this season, except he looked like an All pro compared to Cherlius.

It would be a ballsy move to go with an unproven player. Let's not forget when Luke Pettigout when down in Charlotte, a little known lineman from the Vikings practice squad. become a main stay - Donald Penn

Agreed for this season, but next year I'd be happy to start a rookie, especially if it's Feeney.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they've been on a team and practicing, they're not really rookies at this point. They've been around for almost a whole year.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

And we threw him in there in a Dome against Dwight Freeney Laughing
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs are 5-2 on the road and the Saints are 3-4 at home. So will the Saints get extra motivation from a few guys getting pro bowl snubs? Or will the Bucs get extra motivation from yet another family tragedy? Condolences to William Gholston and his family.
MathMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one team will win by 17+ points.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
I think one team will win by 17+ points.

I hope you're wrong. I wouldn't favour us in a shoot out.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: