You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TIRT v10: Little Brothers Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't happy Michael was released either, but sources suggest that he significantly struggled to learn both Seattle and Green Bay's playbooks and that he was horrible in pass-pro. Additionally, he's had a lot of other off-the-field mental mistakes. IIRC, he slept in and missed a significant portion of interviews at the 2013 combine.

Living up here in New England, the big talk is who will be on the final 53 at RB. They'll be talking about it practically every day on WEEI during TC like they did pre and post draft. The Pats have brought in Burkhead, Gillislee, and LeShun Daniels(UDFA); and they have Dion Lewis, James White, and DJ Foster. The big surprise up here is that they have clearly let Blount go and brought back Brandon Bolden. If Michael were to make that team, he would have a very specific role. I don't see him latching on with New England and sadly, he'll probably be another player with a ton of ability that couldn't get it together mentally.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I wasn't happy Michael was released either, but sources suggest that he significantly struggled to learn both Seattle and Green Bay's playbooks and that he was horrible in pass-pro. Additionally, he's had a lot of other off-the-field mental mistakes. IIRC, he slept in and missed a significant portion of interviews at the 2013 combine.

Living up here in New England, the big talk is who will be on the final 53 at RB. They'll be talking about it practically every day on WEEI during TC like they did pre and post draft. The Pats have brought in Burkhead, Gillislee, and LeShun Daniels(UDFA); and they have Dion Lewis, James White, and DJ Foster. The big surprise up here is that they have clearly let Blount go and brought back Brandon Bolden. If Michael were to make that team, he would have a very specific role. I don't see him latching on with New England and sadly, he'll probably be another player with a ton of ability that couldn't get it together mentally.

The feel from what I read was they looked at him almost only in case of injury, that type of thing.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just happened to re-watch the Packers-Seahawks game last night
End of the 1st quarter, Packers are moving down the field, in FG range with a 3rd and 2 from the 31 coming up.

Rodgers turns around to hand the ball to Michael and he's on another planet, running the wrong way. Again.
Rodgers just hits the dirt and takes the yardage loss. The running play would have been a 1st down; sizable hole and Rip is leading the way.

So the Packers have to settle for a FG, but now its a 51 yarder and Crosby just misses wide right as the ball drifts...

That brain fart cost GB a 1st down and a shot at a TD
And it likely cost the Packers the consolation FG too.

That's why it doesn't matter if he's RB1 or RB999.
If he's on the field, he's an effing liability.

As far as Billy B's interest, he's just trying to goose the Blount talks toward fruition...zero chance NE signs michael
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
I just happened to re-watch the Packers-Seahawks game last night
End of the 1st quarter, Packers are moving down the field, in FG range with a 3rd and 2 from the 31 coming up.

Rodgers turns around to hand the ball to Michael and he's on another planet, running the wrong way. Again.
Rodgers just hits the dirt and takes the yardage loss. The running play would have been a 1st down; sizable hole and Rip is leading the way.

So the Packers have to settle for a FG, but now its a 51 yarder and Crosby just misses wide right as the ball drifts...

That brain fart cost GB a 1st down and a shot at a TD
And it likely cost the Packers the consolation FG too.

That's why it doesn't matter if he's RB1 or RB999.
If he's on the field, he's an effing liability.

As far as Billy B's interest, he's just trying to goose the Blount talks toward fruition...zero chance NE signs michael

He sure signed a lot of RBs to get Blount to sign haha, I thought for sure he was done there, but I guess his options are dwindling too.

Anyways, I get it, Michael is a braindead [inappropriate/removed] moron, we get it. But if he didn't have that rep, he wouldn't get it near as bad as he did for running the wrong way a couple times. He hadn't been on the team for what, 3 games or whatever before that. It happens, anyways, he sucks, he's dumb, he's gone.

I was just making a joke about how NE is smart and everything they do is brilliant when most of the people here though CM was a worthless turd that a CFL practice squad player was better than, literally.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My disappointment in his release was entirely tongue-in-cheek, FWIW. I've been on the anti-Michael bandwagon since we brought him on.

The flashes are admittedly exciting. But the risk wasn't a good fit for a team that's as close to winning it all as we are (or Seattle, for that matter).

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys see what NE did now?

Jesus, I don't have a link but they used some weird tender nobody knows that makes it so they won't lose a comp pick anymore on Blount.

Those guys man....brilliant.
PackyAttacky

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

Jesus, I don't have a link but they used some weird tender nobody knows that makes it so they won't lose a comp pick anymore on Blount.

Yep that is why they are always on top, they are the leaders everyone else including the NFL front office is lagging behind them. Weirdest rule I have never heard about.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackyAttacky wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

Yep that is why they are always on top, they are the leaders everyone else including the NFL front office is lagging behind them. Weirdest rule I have never heard about.

TBF, I doubt there's many times it "works." Where you wanna give a guy 110% at that stage. I wonder if (some) teams were really not aware of it. That's what has me curious.

At the end of the day, it's nothing crazy but heck, why not do it...

Think it makes it obvious they aren't trying to get Blount back anymore now though honestly...
Packerraymond

NormSizedMidget wrote:

I don't know, it costs them 1 million dollars against their cap.to apply the tender, and Blount will have to sign a contract above 3m per to make enough for them to get a pick. On top of that, if he doesn't sign by July 22nd his rights belong to the Pats and he's screwed if he wants to play elsewhere, the Pats have to trade him. Kind of a [inappropriate/removed] move to do to someone who played for you. Lets say his plan was to wait until TC and sign with a team who loses a RB, well the Pats told him screw you.

The May 9 tender on Blount seems specifically targeted at making sure a team that pays attention to the comp formula (like GB or BAL) doesn't sign Blount.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

I don't know, it costs them 1 million dollars against their cap.to apply the tender, and Blount will have to sign a contract above 3m per to make enough for them to get a pick. On top of that, if he doesn't sign by July 22nd his rights belong to the Pats and he's screwed if he wants to play elsewhere, the Pats have to trade him. Kind of a [inappropriate/removed] move to do to someone who played for you. Lets say his plan was to wait until TC and sign with a team who loses a RB, well the Pats told him screw you.

They lose cap space if he signs somewhere else???

Can the tender be revoked at any point? I assume the money is guaranteed?

Does anyone even know this stuff about a rule nobody knew haha

I get it's a - move to the player, I'm not looking at this from the players POV....

Last edited by NormSizedMidget on Wed May 10, 2017 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

They lose cap space if he signs somewhere else?!

Yes, otherwise every team would do it. You pay the 1m to apply the tender and if he signs elsewhere it still counts against the cap. Even if he doesn't sign for a high enough price point to get a comp pick.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

They lose cap space if he signs somewhere else?!

Yes, otherwise every team would do it. You pay the 1m to apply the tender and if he signs elsewhere it still counts against the cap. Even if he doesn't sign for a high enough price point to get a comp pick.

Is this sourced somewhere or your speculation? You don't lose cap space in any other tender if the guy walks....why this one?

I get he might not get 3 mil and probably won't (if that's the bottom dollar to qualify for a late comp) but it's worth the shot to see just in case. Unless he's worried about the backlash from angry players or whatever and it's obvious BB doesn't care.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots cheating again. Go figure.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Patriots cheating again. Go figure.

You just wonder how many times they can get caught cheating before they stop cheating. People say, "Oh, this doesn't even matter." No... If you had a major cheating scandal in the midst of two Super Bowl wins, and then you had another cheating scandal split between two Super Bowl wins, you stop doing anything remotely against the exact terminology of the rules.

Brady's wife isn't going to say he had a concussion if he didn't have a concussion. If she knew he had a concussion, he knew he had a concussion. If he knew he had a concussion and he didn't disclose it, either he was CHEATING and didn't tell the Patriots, or the Patriots knew and they were both cheating.

It doesn't matter how big or little the cheating was, if you've been caught cheating three times...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 42 of 44

Jump to: