You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 - Texans vs. Jags
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novak gets the game ball.

Savage has more than earned the right to be the starter after today.

Clowney is starting to beast. He needs to figure out how to beat double teams more consistently, but he is dominant.

Our play calling still is questionable, but it looks 1000 times better with Savage running the show.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They talk about how complicated bobs system is. I wonder if perhaps they dumbed it down for Savage and will realize it doesn't need to be so complex, but then again Savage has been in the system since the beginning.

Also makes me wonder if Savage was healthy the last few weeks, would they have made a change

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might gonna need extra security next week if O Brien doesnt start Savage vs the Bengals.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
They talk about how complicated bobs system is. I wonder if perhaps they dumbed it down for Savage and will realize it doesn't need to be so complex, but then again Savage has been in the system since the beginning.

Also makes me wonder if Savage was healthy the last few weeks, would they have made a change

Tom should be more versed than Brock with the amount of years he has been here.

Savage has my vote moving forward, this season.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully O'Brien manages the post game news conference better than that last drive where we managed to only take :38 off the clock despite the opponent only having 2 timeouts.

My dream is that he grows a pair behind the podium (since they clearly still haven't dropped on the sidelines) and defers all questions about who the starting QB is to Rick Smith since he's the guy who signed his name to a $72 million deal before even letting his head coach talk to the guy. My prediction is that he does the equivalent of kicking from the 1 and kneels before the billionaire and the tenured human resources lackey and announces that Brock is our QB now and forever.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Hopefully O'Brien manages the post game news conference better than that last drive where we managed to only take :38 off the clock despite the opponent only having 2 timeouts.

My dream is that he grows a pair behind the podium (since they clearly still haven't dropped on the sidelines) and defers all questions about who the starting QB is to Rick Smith since he's the guy who signed his name to a $72 million deal before even letting his head coach talk to the guy. My prediction is that he does the equivalent of kicking from the 1 and kneels before the billionaire and the tenured human resources lackey and announces that Brock is our QB now and forever.

He took a few subtle jabs, saying he doesn't decide what guys get paid, he decides who will help win games. I am ok with him not naming Tom the starter now, but he better start him.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly BOB really wanted Savage in the draft and so maybe this is Bobs guy and he's wanted to start him all along.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Seriously, the ongoing competition between O'Brien and Rick Smith to determine who is the most incompetent is the most interesting thing going on with this team. Good to see Izzo throwing his hat in the ring for this shart shot. Pretty sure the offense sent Wilfork over to go sit on Novak's leg to keep O'Brien from all the 4th and 1 FG attempts. Bottom 3 of HC ratings are undergoing big upheaval this week with Fisher finally getting blown out and Bradley pressing O'Brien for #31.

BTW - Over/Under on Savage season injury is about 10 minutes.

Update - Bradley just got blown out after an incredibly "Texans-esque" road loss. So when Rex Ryan gets blown out, BoB will be the worst one standing...

ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Novak was MVP of the game.

Savage played well, just as I've always assumed he would when given the opportunity. His accurace was great- leagues better than Osweiler. He did have two that should have been picked though that were terrible throws.

Clowney- my god.

This team was fun to watch today.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to also add, I LOVED how the fans erupted when Brock was sat down. I stood up in my living and cheered and clapped. My family thought I was crazy, but the happiness I received from that was overwhelming.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - postgame presser, O'Brien says fade call from 1 was horrendous. Of course, no follow up about the fact we made that exact same play call TWICE in this game and have made it in same situation in other games. I have to say, I do respect O'Brien's willingness to genuinely call himself out when he screws up and not in that cheezy inauthentic "everything is on me" way Kubiak did.

Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW - WOW - When given another t-ball question about whether he is reluctant to get back into another back and forth QB situation since he signed Brock and started him for 13 weeks - Bob goes out of his way to correct the assertion about him being any part of that decision and says "THERE ARE ALOT OF THINGS OUT OF MY CONTROL" and "I'm doing the best I can with what is in my control." That's about as close as you will ever get to a complete admission that Brock was brought in by management and that he continues to be frustrated by his lack of influence in personnel decisions. O'Brien strikes me as a loyal "chain of command" guy who is not going to overtly throw his superiors under the bus or engage in power play games, but I think this week might finally serve as the seismic shift in power away from Rick Smith. Nobody can argue that Bob hasn't given Ossy every possible chance to succeed, but it took Savage exactly 1 series to show the difference between a QB that can execute an offense and one who can't.

Cal McNair and his lil HR guy clearly panicked and committed $72 million to get a franchise QB who may have looked the part to the pencil pushers, but is clearly shaping up to be one of the worst FA signings in history (along with yet another draft class with far more misses than hits). O'Brien has played his hand well and without any dirty dealing, but tomorrow he needs to walk into McNair's office slap it down and tell him that it is time for lil Ricky to grab his $4k coat and hit the road. Lil Ricky played his hand to seize power over Kubiak after the 2010 season and O'Brien has at least had enough success with the garbage he's been dealt to get to deal from his deck next season.

Last edited by Apollo Stallion on Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Texans02

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
I want to also add, I LOVED how the fans erupted when Brock was sat down. I stood up in my living and cheered and clapped. My family thought I was crazy, but the happiness I received from that was overwhelming.

Yeah, it had to happen. The first pick was half Brock sailing a pass high, half Fuller pulling his obligatory butterfingers play of the game. The second pick was all Brock.

Worse than that, Brock just hasn't been NFL accurate for a while now. When he's not outright missing throws, they never hit a guy in stride. Most are too high, many are behind the target, etc.

He really needs to get his head together and play better, or prepare for a permanent back-up role.

Yes please!
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
WOW - WOW - When given another t-ball question about whether he is reluctant to get back into another back and forth QB situation since he signed Brock and started him for 13 weeks - Bob goes out of his way to correct the assertion about him being any part of that decision and says "THERE ARE ALOT OF THINGS OUT OF MY CONTROL" and "I'm doing the best I can with what is in my control." That's about as close as you will ever get to a complete admission that Brock was brought in by management and that he continues to be frustrated by his lack of influence in personnel decisions. O'Brien strikes me as a loyal "chain of command" guy who is not going to overtly throw his superiors under the bus or engage in power play games, but I think this week might finally serve as the seismic shift in power away from Rick Smith. Nobody can argue that Bob hasn't given Ossy every possible chance to succeed, but it took Savage exactly 1 series to show the difference between a QB that can execute an offense and one who can't.

Cal McNair and his lil HR guy clearly panicked and committed $72 million to get a franchise QB who may have looked the part to the pencil pushers, but is clearly shaping up to be one of the worst FA signings in history (along with yet another draft class with far more misses than hits). O'Brien has played his hand well and without any dirty dealing, but tomorrow he needs to walk into McNair's office slap it down and tell him that it is time for lil Ricky to grab his $4k coat and hit the road. Lil Ricky played his hand to seize power over Kubiak after the 2010 season and O'Brien has at least had enough success with the garbage he's been dealt to get to deal from his deck next season.

Just like the Ed Reed signing (splash, good friends with Dre, one of weakest spots on team)... I believe the Osweiler call was made by McNair himself (via Rick Smith).

I believe Bob (1) saw the dumpster fire that was the QB position last year; (2) was upset that the guy who he said couldn't get it done in his OB1 press conference (Kubiak) won the SB last year ; (3) thought stealing Ossy from Broncos would actually hurt them and propel us closer to SB (hahahahahaha! good times!); & (4) was in somewhat of a pi$$ing contest with Elway (didn't hurt that Ossy was [inappropriate/removed] about being benched for a 2X SB champion). Soooo yes... it was on Rick cuz he makes the calls, but I honestly think that call was made over his head (hence the reason Ossy got such a lllllooooonnnngggggg rope).

To be fair, I also don't think OB1 did Ossy any favors with his playcalling as a way of sending a message. If you saw the execution, play action roll outs seemed to work pretty well for Ossy and we didn't call many of those (although I did see some today on a few plays where Ossy actually looked decent). Hell they worked miracles for Schabby and his SSSLLLOOOWWW delivery.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love Brock as a person. Such a humble and good guy. I would love for him to be our long term back up but his contract makes that impossible. He really looked happy for the success of Savage.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: