Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to the Ingram tirade... I was unaware that Ingram was 1 TD away from a 100k bonus, I also had forgotten that Hightower had scored earilier... while I still despise The way Ingram expressed his displeasure I do see where he'd be a Lil upset.

Yes there are two games left but it's no guarantee that Ingram gets that TD... hell Ingram can get hurt in practice next week for all we know. 100k is still 100k and while I disapprove of the way he handled it... I understand where he's coming from.

Also, while he's saying all the right things now... what happens to Ingram and Payton's relationship if he does not get that TD in the next two weeks???

WHODAT91FOREVER
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Two really bad offensive games back to back

Put up 48 against a great defense in their house after it's too late for our postseason hopes

Sounds right.

And they expect you to be impressed at the post game press conference... like if they have a right to be arrogant! Like they actually think doing this in a meaningless game erases what they did the 2 weeks before. Brick wall

WHODAT91FOREVER
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Going back to the Ingram tirade... I was unaware that Ingram was 1 TD away from a 100k bonus, I also had forgotten that Hightower had scored earilier... while I still despise The way Ingram expressed his displeasure I do see where he'd be a Lil upset.

Yes there are two games left but it's no guarantee that Ingram gets that TD... hell Ingram can get hurt in practice next week for all we know. 100k is still 100k and while I disapprove of the way he handled it... I understand where he's coming from.

Also, while he's saying all the right things now... what happens to Ingram and Payton's relationship if he does not get that TD in the next two weeks???

Yes, but Ingram has acted like this before, its not a one time thing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!! Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
So... 5-8 heading to Arizona to face one of the best defenses in the NFL and today Laconfora reports that not only would Saints consider trading Sean Payton this offseason but it likely wouldn't take much to land him as far as trade compensation goes...

Typically I'd disregard a report by this reporter until I watched the FOX pregame show when Jay Glazer commented on the Rams opening by stating that "there are big name coaches in the NFL right now currently under contract that are privately trying to figure out how to get out from those deals and position themselves into the LA (Rams) job.

Now why is this important?

Anyone who has followed this team and particularly Sean Payton know that Glazer has long been a mouthpiece puppet for Payton and his camp and also know he covets a west coast job. So with the Rams gig already open and possibly the Chargers job soon, could Payton and his camp be privately positioning themselves for a opportunity out of NOLA... stay tuned!!!

I really want to believe this, but I just have a hard time. It sounds too good to be true.

But honestly, I'd love for the Rams to land Sean Payton. I get that you guys are tired of him. I understand it. But we already have a defense. We need a coach who can bring the best out of Goff and construct an offense.

Goff is absolutely the perfect fit for Sean Payton's system. And Sean Payton's system is the perfect fit for Goff. It's a match made in heaven. Especially if we can pair Payton with a quality defensive coordinator.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!! Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
So... 5-8 heading to Arizona to face one of the best defenses in the NFL and today Laconfora reports that not only would Saints consider trading Sean Payton this offseason but it likely wouldn't take much to land him as far as trade compensation goes...

Typically I'd disregard a report by this reporter until I watched the FOX pregame show when Jay Glazer commented on the Rams opening by stating that "there are big name coaches in the NFL right now currently under contract that are privately trying to figure out how to get out from those deals and position themselves into the LA (Rams) job.

Anyone who has followed this team and particularly Sean Payton know that Glazer has long been a mouthpiece puppet for Payton and his camp and also know he covets a west coast job. So with the Rams gig already open and possibly the Chargers job soon, could Payton and his camp be privately positioning themselves for a opportunity out of NOLA... stay tuned!!!

I really want to believe this, but I just have a hard time. It sounds too good to be true.

But honestly, I'd love for the Rams to land Sean Payton. I get that you guys are tired of him. I understand it. But we already have a defense. We need a coach who can bring the best out of Goff and construct an offense.

Goff is absolutely the perfect fit for Sean Payton's system. And Sean Payton's system is the perfect fit for Goff. It's a match made in heaven. Especially if we can pair Payton with a quality defensive coordinator.

It's unknown if Payton is the coach Glazer was referring too but I wouldnt be shocked if he was... I've thought for a while that the Rams would be an ideal spot for y'all. Not only Goff but Austin would greatly benifit from his arrival and he'd have more defensive talent than he's ever worked with. With Snead in no position of power, Payton would likely get the personnel power he'd covet and the fact the Rams are in LA now fits right up Payton's rumored longing for a west coast job. The. You look at what the Rams needs are... they need someone to make a offensive splash and to develop Goff, who Payton was very high on in the draft.

Only question is compensation as Loomis won't just let Payton walk out the door for nothing despite reports... what picks do the Rams even have??? Maybe a pick and a player package would do it I guess. It's really gonna depend on the last 3 games and Payton just put up 47 points on one of the best defense's in the NFL today so it's anyone's guess what this front office is thinking.

WHODAT91FOREVER
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Agreed...

Another thing, seems lost in the offensive explosion and win was the fact that our defense took a major step back today.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Agreed...

Another thing, seems lost in the offensive explosion and win was the fact that our defense took a major step back today.

We can never play well on both sides of the ball at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!! Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Until you realize that he's Fisher 2.0 and will never have sustained success as a HC again and will carry you to mediocre seasons but nothing more. You can have him. He will likely always be my favorite coach in Saints history but I'm done with him. I wish him luck if he leaves (he won't) but I just don't see it happening.

Also you'd really love Todd Gurley wasting away! Man forgot how to use his RBs post 2011.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!! Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
It's unknown if Payton is the coach Glazer was referring too but I wouldnt be shocked if he was... I've thought for a while that the Rams would be an ideal spot for y'all. Not only Goff but Austin would greatly benifit from his arrival and he'd have more defensive talent than he's ever worked with. With Snead in no position of power, Payton would likely get the personnel power he'd covet and the fact the Rams are in LA now fits right up Payton's rumored longing for a west coast job. The. You look at what the Rams needs are... they need someone to make a offensive splash and to develop Goff, who Payton was very high on in the draft.

Only question is compensation as Loomis won't just let Payton walk out the door for nothing despite reports... what picks do the Rams even have??? Maybe a pick and a player package would do it I guess. It's really gonna depend on the last 3 games and Payton just put up 47 points on one of the best defense's in the NFL today so it's anyone's guess what this front office is thinking.

Frankly, if I'm the Rams, I'm not offering you much via trade. Maybe a 2018 5th rounder. It seems like Payton is nearing the end in New Orleans. The Rams have plenty of attractive options currently available. You guys owe Sean Payton $36 million over the next 4 years.

Truly, the bulk of your compensation is not having to pay Payton $9 million a year to do nothing once you guys move on.

I think Payton is a perfect fit for what we need. But I also recognize the Rams aren't anywhere near a finished roster. We need our picks. So this deal is only happening if the Saints want to get that money off their books bad enough to accept very little for Payton. JMO.

That's the one thing that I could see keeping this from happening. If the Saints aren't at the point of considering moving on, they'll likely ask too much for Payton for a deal to happen.

Spartica4Real wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Until you realize that he's Fisher 2.0 and will never have sustained success as a HC again and will carry you to mediocre seasons but nothing more. You can have him. He will likely always be my favorite coach in Saints history but I'm done with him. I wish him luck if he leaves (he won't) but I just don't see it happening.

Also you'd really love Todd Gurley wasting away! Man forgot how to use his RBs post 2011.

I understand your frustration, but the key to our future is Goff. I feel that Payton is the guy who will get the most out of Goff.

In that realm, he's nothing like Fisher. As for Gurley, I don't think he'd waste away. Seems like y'all put the ball in the HB's hands a decent amount when you count receptions and running plays. Gurley would probably do quite well in an offense that gives him more space and gets him a lot of touches through the air.

Yes, Payton could be the next Fisher...in that he continues to be mediocre at his next stop. He could also be the next Andy Reid or Tom Coughlin. Personally, I'll take my chances because I think Goff could be a superstar in his system.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!! Reply with quote

2018 5th rounder... haha I want to move on from Payton but I can gaurentee you it ain't happening for that price.

WHODAT91FOREVER
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!! Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
2018 5th rounder... haha I want to move on from Payton but I can gaurentee you it ain't happening for that price.

Okay. Y'all can keep the 4 years $36 million remaining on his deal. We'll go hire one of the other qualified people and give up nothing. But keep in mind that if you fire him in the future, you'll come away with no compensation at all and have to pay off his contract. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
David Johnson is destroying us. Why can't we ever play good on both sides of the ball at the same time?
I loved watching David Johnson since he was a Junior at Northern Iowa (UNI). Big, great hands, 2000 yard rusher... and the Saints totally wiffed on him in the draft. To think this guy was a 3rd round selection, and he's playing better than any back we've ever had.

But at least we got Grayson at 75 instead of Johnson at 86......

whodatworm23 wrote:
Embrassing... completely embrassing!

I get you feel your the lead back but not understanding what that TD meant to Hightower... I'm sick of Ingram's childish ways. This team has become a team full of me first divas when Payton continues to talk about building around character.

Two wins in the books... two offensive baby's crying about their stats.
Coaches/staff is losing control. Twitter ought to be interesting.

whodatworm23 wrote:
Nothing new here... Payton tries to win cute all year but once the playoffs are out of realistic reach and people begin questioning his future all of a sudden he becomes Mr. Balanced and calls a real game to save his butt!
This may work in our favor just a bit. If Payton goes back to showing he can actually coach, maybe we get a good trade out of him. His trade value may very well offset our draft position due to us winning a few games.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
David Johnson is destroying us. Why can't we ever play good on both sides of the ball at the same time?
I loved watching David Johnson since he was a Junior at Northern Iowa (UNI). Big, great hands, 2000 yard rusher... and the Saints totally wiffed on him in the draft. To think this guy was a 3rd round selection, and he's playing better than any back we've ever had.

But at least we got Grayson at 75 instead of Johnson at 86......

whodatworm23 wrote:
Embrassing... completely embrassing!

I get you feel your the lead back but not understanding what that TD meant to Hightower... I'm sick of Ingram's childish ways. This team has become a team full of me first divas when Payton continues to talk about building around character.

Two wins in the books... two offensive baby's crying about their stats.
Coaches/staff is losing control. Twitter ought to be interesting.

whodatworm23 wrote:
Nothing new here... Payton tries to win cute all year but once the playoffs are out of realistic reach and people begin questioning his future all of a sudden he becomes Mr. Balanced and calls a real game to save his butt!
This may work in our favor just a bit. If Payton goes back to showing he can actually coach, maybe we get a good trade out of him. His trade value may very well offset our draft position due to us winning a few games.

Everyone whiffed on Johnson several times, do you guys just want to blame us for everything? It's like blaming us for whiffing on Tom Brady. Laughing

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 15: Saints @ Cardinals... GAMEDAY!!! Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

Okay. Y'all can keep the 4 years $36 million remaining on his deal. We'll go hire one of the other qualified people and give up nothing. But keep in mind that if you fire him in the future, you'll come away with no compensation at all and have to pay off his contract. Cool

Sounds like an owner issue... coaches salary and contracts have zero effects on the teams salary cap. I could care less about Benson's money. Also, losing him for a 5th rounder in 2018 isn't worth not keeping him around in 2017.

By the way... isn't the guy interviewing those other qualified people the same guy that hired Jeff Fisher??? Cool

WHODAT91FOREVER
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams do need an offensive coach badly. I believe they've been one of, if not THE worst offensive team in the league over the past decade. Their stretch of bad offensive play is even worse than our stretch of bad defensive play. Both have had stretches of historically bad play, but our defense has had higher peaks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: