You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 Rich Get Richer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
Quote:
@NFLCharean
Zeke on A'Shawn: He was being dirty all game. I think he was a little salty from Sugar Bowl win we got against him two years ago.

Figured you guys would get a kick out of this.

LOL That is awesome.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
Quote:
@NFLCharean
Zeke on A'Shawn: He was being dirty all game. I think he was a little salty from Sugar Bowl win we got against him two years ago.

Good find and certainly not the first salt coming from Bama since then either! Nice to see Zeke taking the league over so soon and repping OSU all along the way.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
Quote:
@NFLCharean

Good find and certainly not the first salt coming from Bama since then either! Nice to see Zeke taking the league over so soon and repping OSU all along the way.
Yea, him doing the 'feed me' thing in the 4th quarter, down 21, after tackling Darren McFadden was fantastic. Talk about living rent free in someone's dome.
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice interview from Billy Price. He's right too, guys don't just get smoked 1 on 1 every time they give up a sack. Hopefully better communication will cut down on the sacks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ko1N32G8s&feature=youtu.be

We need Prince to step up.
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just predicting:

*Wilson to LSU

*Tufele to Utah

*Okudah, Holmes, Munford, and Harris to OSU.

That puts us at 21.
NateDawg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a fine finish to a phenomenal class. Recent rumors have OSU leading for Xavier McKinney. I don't necessarily buy it, but that's the talk. He has seemed Clemson much of his recruitment, and we have gone after so many other DBs harder throughout recruitment. The guys you listed and hitting on one of the two DTs while keeping all our currents would be an amazing close.
buno67

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Just predicting:

*Wilson to LSU

*Tufele to Utah

*Okudah, Holmes, Munford, and Harris to OSU.

That puts us at 21.

I dont know, I see tOSU landing one of those DTs
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey cats and otherwise, which of the HS all star games do I want to see to watch our recruits and potential commits? The Army one is usually the best right?
NateDawg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
Hey cats and otherwise, which of the HS all star games do I want to see to watch our recruits and potential commits? The Army one is usually the best right?

Most of our guys play in the January 7 army game. Additionally, Okudah and Holmes make announcements during the game.
ark23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:

In the UA game:

WR Trevon Grimes (#16, Team Highlight) is not playing due to injury
S/LB Isaiah Pryor (#13, Team Armour)
CB Marcus Williamson (#9 Team Armour)

Some targets who are playing at the UA game

DT Marvin Wilson (#99, Team Armour) -- he announced his top five, and included us along with LSU, FSU, USF and Oklahoma

S Xavier McKinney (#15, Team Highlight) is announcing here. Three way battle between us, Clemson and Bama but don't think he's a take for us, or even Bama. Been some smoke though that he may pick OSU. If we are gonna land Holmes, think there's no way there's room for him.

S/LB Markquese Bell (#3, Team Highlight) is also announcing here. It'll be us or Maryland. Don't think he's a take for OSU, though we may pursue him later (near NSD) if we miss out on some guys. Schiano loves him, and I really think he's an OSU-quality player.

And there's a few other guys we recruited for a while and missed out on or moved on from in this game (QB Kellen Mond, DE Josh Kaindoh, OT Trey Smith, CB Lamont Wade, ILB Anthony Hines, TE Josh Falo, RB Todd Sibely, S Jaylen Kelly-Powell

For the Army Game:

EAST
OT/OG Josh Myers (#58)
CB/S Shaun Wade (#25)
EDGE Chase Young (#24)

WEST
LB Baron Browning (#6)
OG Wyatt Davis (#76)
SL Tyjon Lindsey (#81)
APB JK Dobbins (#22)
QB Tate Martell (#18)
DT Haskell Garrett (#16)

Targets:

DB Jeff Okudah (#1, West) is gonna be announcing. Almost certain it will be OSU.

CB/WR Darnay Holmes (#5, West) is gonna be announcing. Should be OSU barring a surprise.

S Bubba Bolden (#28, West) is gonna be announcing. Don't think we have a spot for him, should be USC. Sad, because he's got a case for being the best Bishop Gorman player in this class. I'd take Garrett over him, but he's gonna be really good at the next level.

DT Jay Tufele (#78, West) is gonna be there, but as of now isn't announcing. I think he's an NSD decision, especially considering he's taking OV's after the AA game. I expect all the OSU recruits (there should be 11 attending) to be in his ear the entire weekend.

Some former targets are at this game too -- RB Cam Akers, OT Jake Moretti (who won't play due to his injury), WR Donovon Peoples-Jones, S Richard LeCounte and TE Cole Kmet.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At the time, Texas A&M’s brand was hot, coming off a 20-6 stretch in its first two SEC seasons and having a Heisman Trophy winner (Johnny Manziel) grab headlines, good or bad, on a daily basis. The Aggies were in the national spotlight. Garrett -- then the No. 4 overall prospect in the 2014 ESPN 300 and the No. 1 defensive end in the recruiting class -- was a crucial prospect for Sumlin and not an easy one to land. In fact, Sumlin remembers Garrett favoring another school before he decided to choose Texas A&M.

“Ohio State,” Garrett recalled on Tuesday.

Him and Bosa off the edge though......
NateDawg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Quote:
At the time, Texas A&M’s brand was hot, coming off a 20-6 stretch in its first two SEC seasons and having a Heisman Trophy winner (Johnny Manziel) grab headlines, good or bad, on a daily basis. The Aggies were in the national spotlight. Garrett -- then the No. 4 overall prospect in the 2014 ESPN 300 and the No. 1 defensive end in the recruiting class -- was a crucial prospect for Sumlin and not an easy one to land. In fact, Sumlin remembers Garrett favoring another school before he decided to choose Texas A&M.

“Ohio State,” Garrett recalled on Tuesday.

Him and Bosa off the edge though......

That would have been pretty ridiculous. Would have been crazy even if Spence hadn't been kicked out because of drugs. He went top of the second round and has been having a very good first year in Tampa.
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks NateDawg and ark23 I knew you guys would come through. I've been keeping somewhat up to date of this years recruiting. IMO if we end up with what we have already and one of the DTs we should be good.
NateDawg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any last minute thoughts on the matchup with Clemson? Most ESPN analysts seem to favor Clemson, while Vegas likes TOSU.

Clemson is all-time 2-0 against us in bowls. They have the guy who is capable of being the most dynamic player on the field, at the CFB level. They have the most offensive talent we have seen this year. Their defense has a lot of talent up front, though it has suspect areas and does give up points. The key is establishing the ground game, because that's our ticket on offense. Don't expect Barrett to sling it around with that much success.

We are going to have to play our better game to win this one. We've seen two OSUs this year on offense. If they click as they did vs teams like OU, Nebraska, etc, they will be tough to beat. If the other offense shows up, don't expect a win with 17 points. Much of what you say about us you can also say about Clemson. They've played some pretty uninspiring football much of the year. But, we know what they are capable of and what Watson is capable of.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our WRs need to step up, plain and simple.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 3 of 61

Jump to: