You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 Rich Get Richer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 59, 60, 61  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NateDawg


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Joined: 03 Apr 2005
Posts: 15988
Location: Hilliard
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Buckeyes-find-replacement-for-Fickell-hire-Bill-Davis-49955376

Bill Davis will be joining the staff effective the end of the year. He is taking Fickell's spot. He will probably be in charge of linebackers. Good hire. Lots of NFL coaching experience and college experience as well. Hopefully he can also be an effective recruiter. This hiring lines up well with what could likely happen next year. I'm guessing Schiano stays one more year. Then you have Davis likely bump up to a role as co-defensive coordinator with more responsibility, keep Coombs as the DBs coach, and bring another guy on staff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40997
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Buckeyes-find-replacement-for-Fickell-hire-Bill-Davis-49955376

Bill Davis will be joining the staff effective the end of the year. He is taking Fickell's spot. He will probably be in charge of linebackers. Good hire. Lots of NFL coaching experience and college experience as well. Hopefully he can also be an effective recruiter. This hiring lines up well with what could likely happen next year. I'm guessing Schiano stays one more year. Then you have Davis likely bump up to a role as co-defensive coordinator with more responsibility, keep Coombs as the DBs coach, and bring another guy on staff.


The great thing about him is he isnt a new face. Its nice that he was a part of the program this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zelbell


Moderator
Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 13595
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooooooo Urban was meeting with Kevin Wilson today about joining the staff Shocked
_________________

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC=SB 42


Joined: 13 Feb 2007
Posts: 1271
Location: Grand ole Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
Sooooooooo Urban was meeting with Kevin Wilson today about joining the staff Shocked


PLZ, dear god PLZ. Hey Beck don't you wanna just leave? Im sure there is some other job out there that could use your expertise.
_________________


Mama was a Terp and Pop was a Buckeye so I guess that makes me a Nutty Turtle.

Chiefs/Buckeyes/Terps/Orioles/Wizards/Capitals
yea its weird get over it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownie man


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 8232
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC=SB 42 wrote:
zelbell wrote:
Sooooooooo Urban was meeting with Kevin Wilson today about joining the staff Shocked


PLZ, dear god PLZ. Hey Beck don't you wanna just leave? Im sure there is some other job out there that could use your expertise.


He would do wonders with our talent here.

It would be stupid he's got some a creative but purposeful offense it would work great with the QBs we've got here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40997
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
KC=SB 42 wrote:
zelbell wrote:
Sooooooooo Urban was meeting with Kevin Wilson today about joining the staff Shocked


PLZ, dear god PLZ. Hey Beck don't you wanna just leave? Im sure there is some other job out there that could use your expertise.


He would do wonders with our talent here.

It would be stupid he's got some a creative but purposeful offense it would work great with the QBs we've got here.


Reading 11warriors and they were saying they could always pull a Tim Hinton on Beck. They changed Hinton's role with the program so they could hire a new coach to take over for him. I think they did that so they had the chance to hire Greg Studrawa. I also heard rumors that the NCAA might be allowing another paid coach position to D1. So they might just be able to hire him without firing, letting go, or re-assigning someone. Who knows what happens. Maybe Wilson comes in and has the role Sarks had with Bama this past season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zelbell


Moderator
Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 13595
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
brownie man wrote:
KC=SB 42 wrote:
zelbell wrote:
Sooooooooo Urban was meeting with Kevin Wilson today about joining the staff Shocked


PLZ, dear god PLZ. Hey Beck don't you wanna just leave? Im sure there is some other job out there that could use your expertise.


He would do wonders with our talent here.

It would be stupid he's got some a creative but purposeful offense it would work great with the QBs we've got here.


Reading 11warriors and they were saying they could always pull a Tim Hinton on Beck. They changed Hinton's role with the program so they could hire a new coach to take over for him. I think they did that so they had the chance to hire Greg Studrawa. I also heard rumors that the NCAA might be allowing another paid coach position to D1. So they might just be able to hire him without firing, letting go, or re-assigning someone. Who knows what happens. Maybe Wilson comes in and has the role Sarks had with Bama this past season
if the NCAA adds another staff member I could very easily seeing Wilson coming in and Beck being moved to another position and maybe being a recruiting coordinator or something given his success recruiting recently
_________________

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40997
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading an article today about mitch trubisky. It just talked about his recruitment and how he ended up at UNC and how now he is prepping to make his decision to declare or not. In the artlcle talked about how trubisky wanted to go to tOSU but that JT committed. When that happen it that had him looking else where. It said he started looking at MSU and got offered by them but some QB from Erie, Pa committed, so that opportunity fell through. He then visited UNC and that was the end of it.

I am just surprised that he was that close to playing for tOSU. Living in the same area as him and seeing him playing a lot in HS. I dont remember his recruiting process all that much about him and tOSU.

Then later on in the article it talked about how in the NFL draft, we will prolly see the first two QBs taken are going to be Ohio kids, who didnt play for tOSU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 15392
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're all probably aware but I just looked at Martell's stats for the first time. 62 total TDs and 1 INT (not sure how many fumbles). That is insane. He gets a solid high five also for recruiting.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7641
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
I was reading an article today about mitch trubisky. It just talked about his recruitment and how he ended up at UNC and how now he is prepping to make his decision to declare or not. In the artlcle talked about how trubisky wanted to go to tOSU but that JT committed. When that happen it that had him looking else where. It said he started looking at MSU and got offered by them but some QB from Erie, Pa committed, so that opportunity fell through. He then visited UNC and that was the end of it.

I am just surprised that he was that close to playing for tOSU. Living in the same area as him and seeing him playing a lot in HS. I dont remember his recruiting process all that much about him and tOSU.

Then later on in the article it talked about how in the NFL draft, we will prolly see the first two QBs taken are going to be Ohio kids, who didnt play for tOSU



Damian Terry? Yuck....(Though he did help beat us in '15), Man I know MSU are kicking themselves on that one...Laughing

That Mentor - Ignatius game is still one of the best high school playoffs I've ever seen
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zelbell


Moderator
Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 13595
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Warinner has been working with Prince a good deal and they say he's looked a good bit better in bowl practices



I love Stud as a recruiter but I have no idea why we ever moved Warinner from OLine coach, he's as good as it gets
_________________

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40997
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
I was reading an article today about mitch trubisky. It just talked about his recruitment and how he ended up at UNC and how now he is prepping to make his decision to declare or not. In the artlcle talked about how trubisky wanted to go to tOSU but that JT committed. When that happen it that had him looking else where. It said he started looking at MSU and got offered by them but some QB from Erie, Pa committed, so that opportunity fell through. He then visited UNC and that was the end of it.

I am just surprised that he was that close to playing for tOSU. Living in the same area as him and seeing him playing a lot in HS. I dont remember his recruiting process all that much about him and tOSU.

Then later on in the article it talked about how in the NFL draft, we will prolly see the first two QBs taken are going to be Ohio kids, who didnt play for tOSU



Damian Terry? Yuck....(Though he did help beat us in '15), Man I know MSU are kicking themselves on that one...Laughing

That Mentor - Ignatius game is still one of the best high school playoffs I've ever seen


ive been to some amazing Mentor games in my time. Ill never forget going to the Mentor Glenville game, where the Glennville kid had two 99 yard kick off return TDs. Thats when Mentor had the amazing kicker, I think his name was Harper and went on to Pitt. (still surprised he didnt make the NFL with that leg.) I remember only twice in that game he failed to kick the ball into the endzone. Those two kicks were to the Glenville able to catch it on the one and return it for a TD. There was an Eds Mentor game in '13 that was amazing, the year before that was a crazy Eds Mentor game too.

I will say Trub is the best HS kid I ever played against or seen play. Kid was unreal in College. He would of been perfect for tOSU IMO. but hey, we didnt get TRub but only got a QB that has pretty much broke every TD and QB record.

I just wonder what someone like Kizer could of done at tOSU if he came. Just sucks tOSU ignored Kizer to go after Watson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40997
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
Sounds like Warinner has been working with Prince a good deal and they say he's looked a good bit better in bowl practices



I love Stud as a recruiter but I have no idea why we ever moved Warinner from OLine coach, he's as good as it gets


I believe they moved him to allow him to focus more on play calling and game planning.

I believe in Stud. It was his first year being the full time OL coach for tOSU. I believe he will start developing studs in no time, specially going into his 2nd year. Just remember Warinner has been with us since '12, the OL didnt really start hitting the ground and becoming nasty until really the '14 season IMO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texasmade


Joined: 05 Nov 2008
Posts: 9807
Location: DTX / ATX
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@NFLCharean
Zeke on A'Shawn: He was being dirty all game. I think he was a little salty from Sugar Bowl win we got against him two years ago.


Figured you guys would get a kick out of this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 59121
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
Quote:
@NFLCharean
Zeke on A'Shawn: He was being dirty all game. I think he was a little salty from Sugar Bowl win we got against him two years ago.


Figured you guys would get a kick out of this.


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 2 of 61

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group