Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2017 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iowa Birdgang wrote:
We won't re-sign all of those players only a few.

Certainly but that brings up it's own separate conversation. For every player you lose, you have to add a player.
Iowa Birdgang

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Iowa Birdgang wrote:

Certainly but that brings up it's own separate conversation. For every player you lose, you have to add a player.

We will have like 8 picks with a comp pick. That will be enough.
Cards_FTW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corner class looks to be great, but if staff believes in Brandon Williams we'll probably ignore it early.

Feel like we've invested too much on the O-line in the Keim/Arians era to justify another high pick on one.

Palmer/Stanton have pretty safe contracts for 2017 and we're probably looking at competing so we should be ignoring the QB position early, especially with this underwhelming class. Probably ignore it later in the draft too given our history. I mean Dysert's on our roster now, maybe he's impressing?

After that, I really only see RB/OLB as things not to consider early, though both positions could use depth.
Iowa Birdgang

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have spent a lot on OL, we should spend on the other positions now. We need dbs.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iowa Birdgang wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Iowa Birdgang wrote:

We will have like 8 picks with a comp pick. That will be enough.

Actually, we're probably in line for 2 compensatory selections. Will 9 picks be enough to replace the players we may lose via free agency? Sure....BUT, now we're having another conversation regarding 2 key points.

1) If those picks, the majority of which will fall on day 3 of the NFL Draft, will adequately replace a number of key, contributing players in either the short or long term.
2) If these picks are allocated to replacing lost players, they can no longer be used to fill the holes we already have, such as the conundrum of the current state of the quarterback position.
Cardsfan1121

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the sense there will be a lot of changes on this roster next yr, and if it was my call i would make some coaching staff changes.

The biggest thing is we need to get get better on the OL and we need to get nastier on defense. Its a talented Defense but its not a defense anyone fears. I think resigning Jefferson is a must otherwise S becomes a major need for us. I love jamal adams and jabrill peppers but i would love to use our high picks at other positions in this upcoming draft. We must address RG, WR, CB in the offseason.

My guess is Evan Boehm will be our center next yr. Also we will need to address the DL if campbell and or rucker are not brought back. There are alot of variables but we have a lot of things to address and we need to nail this upcoming draft. I would love for us to get ILB Rueben Foster. I honestly think he is worthy of a top 3 pick but ILB dont usually go that high.
CardsNCats

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We pick #13 official.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardsfan1121 wrote:
I get the sense there will be a lot of changes on this roster next yr, and if it was my call i would make some coaching staff changes.

The biggest thing is we need to get get better on the OL and we need to get nastier on defense. Its a talented Defense but its not a defense anyone fears. I think resigning Jefferson is a must otherwise S becomes a major need for us. I love jamal adams and jabrill peppers but i would love to use our high picks at other positions in this upcoming draft. We must address RG, WR, CB in the offseason.

My guess is Evan Boehm will be our center next yr. Also we will need to address the DL if campbell and or rucker are not brought back. There are alot of variables but we have a lot of things to address and we need to nail this upcoming draft. I would love for us to get ILB Rueben Foster. I honestly think he is worthy of a top 3 pick but ILB dont usually go that high.

BA has already stated that no changes will be made to the coaching staff (assuming Goodwin doesn't land a head coaching gig) Which is incredibly dumb and shows that Arians has zero credibility for his own staff. And I am looking right at Amos Jones

#JDI
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Mahomes declared and I absolutely love this kid. If he is sitting there for us in the second round I would love for us to jump on him. He has everything you need from a QB physically. Sneaky athlete. Good arm strength. Displays good touch on his passes. Mechanics need some cleaning up, and Air Raid QBs always have a bit of a transition. I see Matt Stafford and Derek Carr in him. I am definitely a fan of the kid

#JDI
Iowa Birdgang

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have the pick of good cornerbacks. Any good olineman this year?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CardsNCats wrote:
We pick #13 official.

Hey, you made it bud, how's it going? How'd the Xmas treat ya?

#13 is not the optimal spot, obviously but there's talent to be had here. Lots of good players at a number of positions, CB and WR among them.
Cards_FTW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
Pat Mahomes declared and I absolutely love this kid. If he is sitting there for us in the second round I would love for us to jump on him. He has everything you need from a QB physically. Sneaky athlete. Good arm strength. Displays good touch on his passes. Mechanics need some cleaning up, and Air Raid QBs always have a bit of a transition. I see Matt Stafford and Derek Carr in him. I am definitely a fan of the kid

He's definitely intriguing as a development project. Sky's the limit. Not sure he lasts till our 2nd and wouldn't immediately help us so wouldn't be my preferred option, but if we were to take a QB in a realistic spot Mahomes in the 2nd sounds better than anything else.

Iowa Birdgang wrote:
We should have the pick of good cornerbacks. Any good olineman this year?

The OL is considered among the weakest in the class. Which isn't terrible for us with the amount of young, cheap bodies which showed flashes of competency for us this past season. With John, Wetzel, Boehm and Toner easily retained we should be looking for veterans to add to the group, or retain our free agents(Watford/Shipley).

Corner is stacked, which is good for us. If that is the direction in round 1 we may be able to move back if someone is looking to move up and we like multiple guys remaining. Don't see this scenario at any other positions right now in round 1.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OL is a significantly bigger problem and showed a lot less consistent play than I believe you're attributing to it FTW but yes, this OL class is very thin and we'd probably be better served searching free agency for potential upgrades and/or pouring the coals to these young guy to get them ready for the challenges that lie ahead.

Not a year for OL needy teams, that's for certain.
Iowa Birdgang

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That stinks. Draft people are saying safety is really good, do you think we might look at those players or focus on Tony and DJ?
CardsNCats

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is there we need to get Malik Hooker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: