Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 Steelers @ Bengals
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Week 15 Steelers @ Bengals Reply with quote

Finally updated the thread. Steelers week, means there will be blood.

History

The Bengals are 19-29 in Cincinnati when playing the Steelers. Last time both teams played here, it was the playoff game. Steelers currently have a 3 game winning streak on the Bengals, and have also won the last 3 matchups in Cincinnati. Last time the Bengals have beaten pittsburgh was last year in the burgh 16-10. The last time the Bengals won in Cincinnati against them was on a monday night game in 2013 when they won 20-10.

TV Coverage Map: http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2016&wk=15

And now for the 5 keys to victory

5.Consistent pass rush - The Bengals pass rush has been slowly playing better, having 3 sacks against the Browns. But they will have a very very very tough task against a Steelers OL who has only given up 16 sacks all year, which is 2nd best in the NFL.

4.All eyes on Burfict - Its the first time he's playing the Steelers since the playoff game. Will revenge be on his mind this game? The Bengals season is pretty much down the tubes as it is, so they have nothing to lose in this game, while the Steelers do.

3.Stopping the Bell - The run defense had a tough time stopping Isaiah crowell who ran over 100 yards on just 10 rush attempts. And Leveon bell already had a career day for 236 rushing yards against the Bills. The Bengals secondary did a nice job stopping RG3, but this 25th rush defense has had its struggles.

2.Hold the Steelers under 24 - This season when the Steelers have scored under 24 points, they are 0-4. If the Bengals can do that, its definitely possible, because historically, the Bengals can't score on the Steelers defense anyway.

1.Youth movement at WR - AJ Green may or may not play this game, but I'm more interested in the new blood at WR. Tyler Boyd has his best game of the year so far against the Browns and it would be nice to see him play good against the team he grew up watching. Also watch for Cody Core, who will probably get more and more snaps as the season comes to a close.

Prediction - The Bengals season is over, and this is another opportunity to play spoiler, and possibly screw up the Steelers season. It won't be as ugly as the playoff game, but I definitely think there will be some entertainment going on. But despite the Bengals winning the last 2, my brain says otherwise.

Steelers 17 Bengals 14

Last edited by MrCincinnati on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lame.

Steelers week! Usually i'm excited about that, but the only thing i'm remotely excited about this time around is AJ Green maybe being back. In a down year, he's still fun to watch.

Plus, i want him to hit 1000 yards again this year. 6 years in a row to start a career. Quite a milestone.

If you're not in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

~T.S. Eliot
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost dont want AJ back this week. He tends to take shots from Mitchell in these games and i dont want him hurt. He will get his 1,000 yards if he waits another week.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to see if we're still a decent team or really are going backwards. We blew out some bad teams the last couple of weeks. We get a hot Steelers team now at home. Dalton, the OLine, Marvin and the defense need to deliver. This and the Ravens game coming up are the biggest games of the year for us. I don't care if we still miss the playoffs as long as we beat both of them. Because it gives me some validation that this truly is a quality team still.

If we lose, then it's rebuilding time. Aging guys like Peko, Whit, Winston, MJ93, and Adam Jones all need to be replaced. I mean, Whit is still good but we're more than a year away which probably all he has left to give us at LT...
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I almost dont want AJ back this week. He tends to take shots from Mitchell in these games and i dont want him hurt. He will get his 1,000 yards if he waits another week.

Pft, no reason for AJ to be scared of Mitchell. Guy's a punk. I don't think any damage he could do in this game would stop him from playing next year.

I also expect AJ to be on a snap count and a limited route tree if he plays.

~T.S. Eliot
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Pft, no reason for AJ to be scared of Mitchell. Guy's a punk. I don't think any damage he could do in this game would stop him from playing next year.

No reason to be scared of a guy who threatened him last year and takes dirty shots on people?

I just don't trust Mitchell wouldn't do something dumb just in an attempt to hurt him

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just throw a bomb first play of the game to AJ Green. He only needs like less than 50 yards to top 1000. Then pull him for the rest of the game. Laughing

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

No reason to be scared of a guy who threatened him last year and takes dirty shots on people?

I just don't trust Mitchell wouldn't do something dumb just in an attempt to hurt him

Nah, i don't think Mitchell will do anything really dumb. Retaliation for nothing when his team has a playoff shot would be really dumb. Risks suspension or just a flag that could cost them the game.

Maybe a slightly late hit or go for a head shot. But AJ is pretty good at avoiding those shots, so i don't think there's all that much to worry about.

~T.S. Eliot
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
theJ wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Nah, i don't think Mitchell will do anything really dumb. Retaliation for nothing when his team has a playoff shot would be really dumb. Risks suspension or just a flag that could cost them the game.

Maybe a slightly late hit or go for a head shot. But AJ is pretty good at avoiding those shots, so i don't think there's all that much to worry about.

I think you are giving too much intelligence credit to Mitchell.... Wink Laughing
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not getting this up yesterday. Everything is finally up now.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder who is gonna make the first big hit of the game?

johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burfict is just nasty

BathBengal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Hill scored on 2 of those plays.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked like he did score. Can't believe Erixson got tripped up by the kicker. Great play by that guy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
Looked like he did score. Can't believe Erixson got tripped up by the kicker. Great play by that guy.

Yeah Erikson looks really good maybe he should have been able to get out of range of Boswell but great effort from Boswell. He's been their MVP this game with 3 FGs as well. He's been a 14 point difference on the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: