Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: Bucs (8-5) @ Cowboys (11-2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan004

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Week 14: Bucs (8-5) @ Cowboys (11-2) Reply with quote

BIG GAME IN DALLAS THIS WEEK

Sunday Night Football. Playing the best team in the league record wise and let's be real, every single game left on this schedule is an absolute must win as we have three 7 win teams on our heels for the 6th seed. Atlanta isn't exactly looking at NFL caliber schedule either so it looks like a WC spot is the most likely scenario.

That being said, let's look at the game this Sunday for Tampa...

Matchup wise, I like our chances. The way this team is playing right now on defense I think we can play toe to toe with just about any offense in the league. Dak isn't looking spectacular right now and the one WR matchup mismatch would be Dez on Grimes, but Dak hasn't really looked at Dez that much this year. Keep VH3 on Beasely and make the Cowboys offense one dimensional with Zeke.

On the other side of the ball is where my concerns lie. Offense needs to outsmart the Cowboys defense. Evans and Brate won't be enough on their own to outscore Dallas. OL needs to step up big time because I hate to say it, the only way we win this game is by the run game having success. I am not talking about 150+ yards from Doug but if we can get 60-80 from Doug and 50-ish from Quizz with a TD or two then this game could result in a 6 game streak. If the run game gets going early then we can let Winston to Evans play out. Let the big WR make plays or draw penalties.

Defense has passed the "not-a-fluke" test IMO. It's time for the offense to play a complete game. Minimize mental mistakes on the line and play the trenches tough. This might be the most excited for a game I have been since 2008.

Last edited by nathan004 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPSET ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 14: Bucs (8-5) @ Cowboys (11-2) Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
BIG GAME IN DALLAS THIS WEEK

Sunday Night Football. Playing the best team in the league record wise and let's be real, every single game left on this schedule is an absolute must win as we have three 7 win teams on our heels for the 6th seed. Atlanta isn't exactly looking at NFL caliber schedule either so it looks like a WC spot is the most likely scenario.

That being said, let's look at the game this Sunday for Tampa...

Matchup wise, I like our chances. The way this team is playing right now on defense I think we can play toe to toe with just about any offense in the league. Dak isn't looking spectacular right now and the one WR matchup mismatch would be Dez on Grimes, but Dak hasn't really looked at Dez that much this year. Keep VH3 on Beasely and make the Cowboys offense one dimensional with Zeke.

On the other side of the ball is where my concerns lie. Offense needs to outsmart the Cowboys defense. Evans and Brate won't be enough on their own to outscore Dallas. OL needs to step up big time because I hate to say it, the only way we win this game is by the run game having success. I am not talking about 150+ yards from Doug but if we can get 60-80 from Doug and 50-ish from Quizz with a TD or two then this game could result in a 6 game streak. If the run game gets going early then we can let Winston to Evans play out. Let the big WR make plays or draw penalties.

Defense has passed the "not-a-fluke" test IMO. It's time for the offense to play a complete game. Minimize mental mistakes on the line and play the trenches tough. This might be the most excited for a game I have been since 2008.
Cowboys run defense is elite. Sean Lee will be in the backfield if we send a pulling guard. That said, they rarely blitz and play a lot of soft zone on third downs. We'll need somebody to step up other than the usual suspects (Evans, Brate) to win this game. I hope we utilize Charles Sims more and line him up out wide. He is a weapon we just got back and maybe the Cowboys won't account for.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most excited I've been for a game since that night in Charlotte.

At 4-5 I thought we'd drop the next two games and be lucky to finish the season with 7 wins.

When KC had the ball in the red zone, I thought they'd take the lead for good.

After the start we had in San Diego, I thought the team would let it go from bad to worse, like we'd seen them do so many times.

After the Josh Huff experience on Sunday, I thought we'd let NO take the lead and pull away.

None of those things happened. 5 wins in a row wasn't meant to happen. A win in Dallas isn't supposed to happen.

If we make Dak beat us, I think we've got a chance. We've faced a veritable murderers' row of QBs in the last four weeks and have 8 interceptions to show for it, as well as just 7 points allowed in the fourth quarter. I have to believe if we keep this game close then we'll have our chances to win it.

Never did I think we'd be chasing a 6 game win streak and the division coming into week 15. But we are. And it's all on merit.

We're knocking on the door of the playoffs. On Sunday, we kick the door off its hinges.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge game, and one that most Cowboys' fans are worried about. Your D has been playing out of it's mind the last 4-5 weeks despite facing some decent offenses. Not sure how it's been lately, but I know your Run D was in the mid 20's while your Pass D was Top 10 so hopefully, despite McCoy, our OL will be able to create some gaps for Zeke to run through.

I expect a similar game to last week vs. the Giants. Low scoring, tons of great Defense.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will actually be at this game. Im so sick and tired of hearing about the Cowboys...this will be my 4th Bucs game this year... cant wait
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe in the "rookie wall" theory, especially for QBs. I think we saw it last year with Jameis in the last quarter of the season. I do believe some of Dak's performance can be attributed to this also. Its not so much the physical demands of playing the games that wear them down. More so, its the combination of studying each for week with all the other responsibilities outside of the game. There are league mandated press conferences. Participating in a certain amount of radio and pregame show interviews. With the calendar being near Christmas, team functions with charities is on the agenda for QBs. Its a grind and there has to be an adjustment period that can only be gained by going through the experience.

For the game, the Bucs are going to have to get off the field on third down. I expect Mike Smith to play a lot of Cover 3 with switches to see if he can bait Dak into a couple of bad throws. I expect Noah Spence to line up against Doug Free in passing situations and try to beat him around the corner. Spence has been doing a good job of getting QBs to step up. It will be up to GMC and Ayers to provide push in the middle.

The offense hasn't been scoring, but they haven't had a lot of 3 and outs either. They have been able to flip field with Anger pinning the opposition deep. I believe Koetter has gotten a little too conservative when crossing midfield. It seems like they're in a lot of 2nd and 11s. If the Cowboys are going to stay in Cover 2, Jameis has to rely on Brate and Sims a lot.

Keep this game close with 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and let Jameis figure out a way to close the game out. A golden opportunity to get closer to the playoffs. The Bucs shouldn't lack for motivation.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the bucs are one of the best teams to match-up against Dallas.

You match-up our strength with your strength.

And your weakness is matched by our weakness.

I have been telling everyone that the Bucs are one of the top 2 teams I fear in the playoffs. I don't know what will happen this weekend - but I know in the playoffs you are a team I don't want to face.

Good luck this weekend.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We pretty much have to win this game if we want to make the playoffs.

Just find a way.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From y'alls perspective, what has been the biggest difference in your D from the first 8 weeks and the last 5 weeks?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
From y'alls perspective, what has been the biggest difference in your D from the first 8 weeks and the last 5 weeks?

I heard this yesterday on a podcast from Ira Kaufman, who is a beat writer in Tampa for the past decade or so, and he spoke directly to Mike Smith about this. Ira asked him what happened or what changed in this defense that sparked the turnaround. The answer was that instead of teaching, he listened to guys like Lavonte and Gerald about what they thought about the defense. That blew my mind.

Mike's defense was spoken about early as being too complex for first year scheme and that they should simplify it. He had a players meeting with his defense and his Defensive captains help him to change it up to be more effective and to mold the defense to how it fit the players best. Not the other way around.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

The communication has been much better as Nathan pointed out. I'd also say that Tampa has switched up their defensive play calling. They've been playing a lot of cover 3 lately. We are doing a better job disguising our coverage. Pre-snap it looks like we're playing cover 2 and then boom, our guys will drop into cover 3 responsibilities and its been confusing some of the better QB's (Brees, Rivers, Wilson)

We've changed our tendencies up on defense which has thrown off teams.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to win out the rest of the year to have a shot at playoffs
We have to end the season 11-5.

10-6 MIGHT get us there but we will need help. As of right now we hold the 6th seed, but here is the teams chasing us that are right on our rear end:

Redskins-this team is one that worries me the most because they only have 5 losses just like us. Their record is 7-5-1 and that tie only puts them half a game behind us. We drop one and they win one, they are ahead of us by a half game and knock us out of playoff contention. Their remaining schedule is against Panthers, Bears and Giants. If Giants lock down that 2nd seed, they could be playing their backups in that week 17 game against the Skins.

Vikings-Don't worry me at all. Their offense is trash and they play 3 very tough opponents to end the season-Packers, Bears and Colts.

Packers-They started the year in WTF mode but are now heating up back to their old selves. Their remaining opponents are Bears, Vikings and Lions.

We can't lose this game to Dallas if we want playoffs. Having said that, we are very capable of beating Dallas. I am glad this game is on the road because we play better in hostile environments. We need to stop their run game and get pressure on Dak. We also cannot let Dak run around back there. Guys like Noah Spence really need to bring their a-game.

We are capable of beating them if we execute everything right. Now if we can do that or not......we'll see on Sunday.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

The communication has been much better as Nathan pointed out. I'd also say that Tampa has switched up their defensive play calling. They've been playing a lot of cover 3 lately. We are doing a better job disguising our coverage. Pre-snap it looks like we're playing cover 2 and then boom, our guys will drop into cover 3 responsibilities and its been confusing some of the better QB's (Brees, Rivers, Wilson)

We've changed our tendencies up on defense which has thrown off teams.

Another thing I've noticed is we don't line up our dlinemen wide with David and Kwon over the A gaps as much. Which is awesome, given that both our LBs are better moving forward at the snap instead of dropping eight to ten yards.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I heard this yesterday on a podcast from Ira Kaufman, who is a beat writer in Tampa for the past decade or so, and he spoke directly to Mike Smith about this. Ira asked him what happened or what changed in this defense that sparked the turnaround. The answer was that instead of teaching, he listened to guys like Lavonte and Gerald about what they thought about the defense. That blew my mind.

Mike's defense was spoken about early as being too complex for first year scheme and that they should simplify it. He had a players meeting with his defense and his Defensive captains help him to change it up to be more effective and to mold the defense to how it fit the players best. Not the other way around.

This is news to me. And it makes me appreciate Mike Smith even more. Not many coaches seem to adapt to their players. It's usually the other way around (as we saw for our first handful of games).

We seem to be letting guys freelance a little bit. Guys are jumping routes instead of making sure they simply play their zone. And it's paying off tremendously.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: