Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:27 am    Post subject: Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado Reply with quote

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 195 pounds
Stats:
22 tackles
1 Int
20 PBUs
1 FF

PFF:
Quote:
Witherspoon has been a breakout star this season, allowing only 32.9 percent of passes to be completed into his coverage, fifth-best among Power-5 corners with at least 30 targets.

Anyone had a chance to evaluate Witherspoon yet?

He is a really intriguing player, but there's not much out there on him yet. I had to work to find the Michigan game, and I thought his performance against Darboh and Chesson was outstanding.

His backstory also really piqued my interest. He is a late bloomer who graduated high school at 5'8" with a 4.4 GPA. Only played 1 year of high school football. Went to junior college to play football. Grew to be 6'3" during his freshman year. Transferred to Colorado and has really taken off this year after replacing Ken Crawley. He's also majoring in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology because he's interested in becoming a doctor after his playing days end.

Consider his statistics along with his size and the Michigan game I watched, I'm really excited to see more of him. Even in this deep CB class, I think he might have Day 2 potential. I'm disappointed that there's no buzz of him getting invited to the Senior Bowl. I like that he seems to be an intelligent kid. I've seen the Rams draft way too many unintelligent players over the years.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also liked him against Michigan (along with Awuzie). Chesson and Darboh (both NFL caliber talents) struggled to generate separation against both of Colorado's corners, and while I've only seen bits and pieces of his other games (like against Washington, where the Huskies couldn't get much through the air), he's definitely impressed. Wonder if he'll get an All-Star game invite - could be big for putting him on a more national radar

EDIT: he's going to the Shrine Game

https://twitter.com/Shrine_Game/status/808484161757544452

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
I also liked him against Michigan (along with Awuzie). Chesson and Darboh (both NFL caliber talents) struggled to generate separation against both of Colorado's corners, and while I've only seen bits and pieces of his other games (like against Washington, where the Huskies couldn't get much through the air), he's definitely impressed. Wonder if he'll get an All-Star game invite - could be big for putting him on a more national radar

EDIT: he's going to the Shrine Game

https://twitter.com/Shrine_Game/status/808484161757544452

Good to see. Thanks for the info. Hopefully, he'll be a guy who earns an invite to the Senior Bowl after an impressive week at the Shrine Game.

Yea, Awuzie was everywhere in that game. He's a very versatile guy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched him a bit over the summer and profiled him in my thread. He's on my list to evaluate. Haven't watched him at all this season. I knew people would be talking about him if he stayed healthy.
Ozzy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahkello Witherspoon has outstanding ball skills. Everyone should pay attention to him watching Colorado play because of obvious reasons. Kid is a super tall corner with very long arms. Best part is that he is so skilled in coverage and with those long arms can get tipped passes and deflections very easily. Not the best tackler in the world but I feel he can handle his own on the edge. In the right system he could be very good at the next level.

Has had a great senior season and is probably one of the top 10 corners in the up coming draft and a very possible 2nd or 3rd round pick especially if he times well. Is good in short space and with quite routes, uses his length and anticipation well. I like him a lot as a corner.

All these guys are tall corners who are very impressive players. Will see how Clark comes back off injury, I really like his toughness and great size, too bad he got hurt. And King showed some big time potential throughout the year as well.

Ahkello Witherspoon
Jeremy Clark
Kevin King
Rasul Douglas
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he similar to Sean Smith or is he more Dave Amerson?
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

Or worse....Stanley Jean-Baptiste.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres the O/U before he gets compared to Jimmy Smith?

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His numbers look pretty good. Will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
IvyLeague

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dude is impressive...
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:

I would say neither. But of the two, he's more similar to Amerson (based on what I've seen thus far).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely more similar to Amerson. Pure off-man cover guy IMO. Really fluid for his size, great ball skills, should time well but his lack of aggression in the run game and general dislike of tackling scares me away, at least taking Denver's scheme into account.
bscott36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Definitely more similar to Amerson. Pure off-man cover guy IMO. Really fluid for his size, great ball skills, should time well but his lack of aggression in the run game and general dislike of tackling scares me away, at least taking Denver's scheme into account.

Wow indeed. Just watched the db cut ups of him and I agree with everything except for the off man stuff. I think that with his arm length and because he will time well IMO, he should easily be able to play press man. And yes, indeed his hips are very impressive for his height. Super intriguing guy.
tannenballs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be in St. Pete
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bscott36 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:

Wow indeed. Just watched the db cut ups of him and I agree with everything except for the off man stuff. I think that with his arm length and because he will time well IMO, he should easily be able to play press man. And yes, indeed his hips are very impressive for his height. Super intriguing guy.

DB put up cut-ups of him? Finally!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: