Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BA: Justin Bethel A "Failure In Progress"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: BA: Justin Bethel A "Failure In Progress" Reply with quote

ans said the team would have to make hard decisions and evaluations as it relates to kicker Chandler Catanzaro, punter Drew Butler and long snapper Aaron Brewer, saying: "If I thought there were better ones available, I’d get ’em changed. But I don’t think there’s better available right now.”

Arians also was unhappy with Justin Bethel’s work at cornerback. When asked if Bethel’s development there is still a work in progress, Arians said no.

“It’s a failure in progress,” he said.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2016/12/12/cardinals-bruce-arians-scalds-players-not-special-teams-coach/95347104/

Harsh, harsh words, even for BA, though he isn't wrong. The problem I have is simple: Who's to blame for this "failure in progress"? Is it the player who just got a 3 year extension? Is the coaches who have failed to draw the talent out of the raw day 3 kid from Presbyterian College? Or is it the GM/HC for failing to realize the weakness, only to thrust the player into an unwinnable situation?

You be the judge.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the accountability that Bruce takes. Keep pointing fingers Bruce

#JDI
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have a problem with him being brutality honest when he talk about a player. I rather a HC be up front with the media and fans. I can't stand coaches talk. It makes me crazy to hear a coach say the same thing week in and week out. My problem with this is he not brutally honest across the board. He pick and choice who he defends and who he calls out. Bethel is clearly a bad CB. Sure that on him but it also on the coaches and front office. They are the ones who talked him up and gave him money like he was a good CB. It also their job to get him ready and they clear have not done that. He still making the same mistake all the time. Was he not a safety his rookie year. Never thought the kid could play CB when Arizona drafted him. Definitely feel like he could of been something at safety where he could ball deep and could watch plays develop instead of having to turn his head and run with people all the time.

Does it feel like BA is losing the players as the season come to an end. He already come out and said he won't fire any coaches and most of the blame this year has been on the players. Just not looking good going fowards. Arizona already has a hard time getting good FA to come sign here. Can't imagine that being any easier now with how things are going.

BA sounds so much like Whiz right now.
Iowa Birdgang

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need new special teams and db coaches. Brandon Williams is not getting better either.
Cards_FTW

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
I do not have a problem with him being brutality honest when he talk about a player. I rather a HC be up front with the media and fans. I can't stand coaches talk. It makes me crazy to hear a coach say the same thing week in and week out. My problem with this is he not brutally honest across the board. He pick and choice who he defends and who he calls out. Bethel is clearly a bad CB. Sure that on him but it also on the coaches and front office. They are the ones who talked him up and gave him money like he was a good CB. It also their job to get him ready and they clear have not done that. He still making the same mistake all the time. Was he not a safety his rookie year. Never thought the kid could play CB when Arizona drafted him. Definitely feel like he could of been something at safety where he could ball deep and could watch plays develop instead of having to turn his head and run with people all the time.

Does it feel like BA is losing the players as the season come to an end. He already come out and said he won't fire any coaches and most of the blame this year has been on the players. Just not looking good going fowards. Arizona already has a hard time getting good FA to come sign here. Can't imagine that being any easier now with how things are going.

I don't think Bethel has the instincts to play safety. The contract is the reason Bethel is a failure, and the contract is 100% not Justin Bethel's fault. He's a quality special teamer and will continue to be one elsewhere next season for around 1M, which is fair value.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards_FTW wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

I don't think Bethel has the instincts to play safety. The contract is the reason Bethel is a failure, and the contract is 100% not Justin Bethel's fault. He's a quality special teamer and will continue to be one elsewhere next season for around 1M, which is fair value.

Very well said, I agree 100% on all points.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand this. Players failing to play a position THAT'S NOT THEIR POSITION is not the player's fault.

mike23md
Cardsfan1121

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bethel is an awful CB and a very good special teamer. Im glad they signed him to an extension, i just wish they would have done it with just soecial teams in mind. I dont know if Brandon Williams will ever be a good or even solid corner back and thats why i think its a big need for us going forward. This is a very deep draft at CB, Safety, Pass Rushers, TE (which doesnt apply to us bc arians has no clue how to use them) and even WR.
Iowa Birdgang

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 CB should be our biggest need.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: