You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kelvin Benjamin
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

The man is a young, productive receiver. He may not be OBJ, but he's better than what's behind him. One good game out of Funch and we are anointing him the next #1? Everyone is forgetting the first half of the season where Funch dropped about 60% of the balls thrown his way.

Uh...wut? He has 2 recorded drops on the year and at no point expect maybe the first 1-2 weeks did Benjamin have a higher success rate than Funch on a target vs reception ratio.

Ginn is our best receiver not named Olsen.

You probably aren't watching the right Panthers then. Here are Funch's stats this year. Not what I'd call good.

1. 1 Catch for 9 yards
2. 2 Catches for 19 yards, 1 TD
3. 0
4. 2 catches for 56 yards (one was a 48 yarder)
5. 0
6. 2 catches for 28 yards, 1 TD
8. 3 Catches for 38 yards
9. 1 Catch for 28 yards

After week 9 he started to improve, but has yet to catch more than 3 balls in a game. YTD he has 362 yards and 4 TDs.
KB on the other hand has 765 yards and 5 TDs on the year. He has his own issues to deal with, but let's not pretend he's the main problem on this team.

Blaming KB and saying things like "Ginn is the best WR on the team" is just showing you aren't really paying attention, or are just looking for someone to blame for a disappointing season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Cypher wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

The man is a young, productive receiver. He may not be OBJ, but he's better than what's behind him. One good game out of Funch and we are anointing him the next #1? Everyone is forgetting the first half of the season where Funch dropped about 60% of the balls thrown his way.

Uh...wut? He has 2 recorded drops on the year and at no point expect maybe the first 1-2 weeks did Benjamin have a higher success rate than Funch on a target vs reception ratio.

Ginn is our best receiver not named Olsen.

I think he's thinking about last year when Funchess was terrible in the first 8 games or so. Since then, he's been very good when given the opportunity.

But yea, I agree. Ginn has been good this year. He shouldn't be a #1 receiver, but it isn't his fault he's basically forced to be sometimes. His hands have even been extremely reliable this year. Hopefully we keep him for another year (I think he's an UDFA?).

No, I'm talking about this year (see above post).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: