Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kelvin Benjamin
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smitty89

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Kelvin Benjamin Reply with quote

What is going on?

Im not sure if he is fed up with the awful OL. By the time his routes develop Cam is either sacked, hit or forced to look to another read. Not sure what it is. But it looks like he doesn't even want to be out there at times. His route running looks lethargic. His body language worse. Why aren't we just throwing the ball up to him on deep routes? Should have 2-3 deep balls a week. Guy seems to win every jump ball. Had one over Sherman and Thomas as a rookie.

I just really don't know what is going on with him.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kelvin Benjamin Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
What is going on?

Im not sure if he is fed up with the awful OL. By the time his routes develop Cam is either sacked, hit or forced to look to another read. Not sure what it is. But it looks like he doesn't even want to be out there at times. His route running looks lethargic. His body language worse. Why aren't we just throwing the ball up to him on deep routes? Should have 2-3 deep balls a week. Guy seems to win every jump ball. Had one over Sherman and Thomas as a rookie.

I just really don't know what is going on with him.

This was the talk on the radio today too.

The specific that they used this past week is that he did not attempt to tackle the defender after the interception. That Cam and Phili and others ran all the way down the field but KB spent his time arguing with an official. You have to play to the whistle. It was a lethargic route and a lethargic/stupid thing to not go after the defender.

You might be right about the OL troubles... but that should be addressed with shorter routs. If we can't get the ball to KB because of pressure than we need to change our call's to accommodate the shorter time windows.

Either way...

I'm in the camp of trading KB. I think we can still get value for him and we've seen that he is not required for us to have a successful season.

Ideally, I'd like for us to see something like KB = La'el Collins + 3ed.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's awful. I used to not mind him being a #2 receiver, but I'm not sure he's even that. He offers nothing beyond his size, which allows him to make plays from time to time, but his route running is bad and his effort is the worst in the league. He's a black hole on offense.

I doubt we trade him. But I hope we do. When given the chance, Funchess always runs routes that look smoother. I don't think Funchess is a #1 either, but he isn't going to hurt an offense like Benjamin will.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB's rookie contract is up after next season. I'm not completely on the train to get rid of him, but what is Proehl doing out there with him?

With that being said, if we address our offensive/defensive line needs in the 1st or through free agency I wouldn't hate a second round pick on WR to groom into a #1. Corey Davis, Mike Williams, JuJu Smith-Schuster could be options. It's not the best year for receivers, a lot of slot options.

Carolina Panthers
Gamecocks 2017 Final Four
Forever To Thee
faccda01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of effort is what is killing me. I don't want to overreact though, he did have a 1000+ and 9 TD season two years ago, and is a year removed from a torn ACL. I don't see what trading him will get us, unless we are able to fill a hole on the OL with him. We don't have a lot of WR depth behind him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
The lack of effort is what is killing me. I don't want to overreact though, he did have a 1000+ and 9 TD season two years ago, and is a year removed from a torn ACL. I don't see what trading him will get us, unless we are able to fill a hole on the OL with him. We don't have a lot of WR depth behind him.

We said that last year and look where we went...

Carolina Panthers
Forever To Thee
Cypher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just not very good, and anyone who watched him play and wasn't absorbed in stats saw it. He runs lazy, LAZY routes. Always has. Got away with it in college, not so much now. He's slow, ponderous and has the change of direction ability of an arthritic grandmother. His hands have improved quite a bit so there's that, credit to Proehl, but anyone who thought Benjamin was going to be some star #1 type receiver just wasn't watching tape.

And don't even get me started on not even ATTEMPTING to run down that INT.

If we can get a 3rd for him, i'd take it and run.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

Last year we had an MVP QB and went 15-1, do you think bringing KB back into the fold is the reason we are 5-8 right now?

The man is a young, productive receiver. He may not be OBJ, but he's better than what's behind him. One good game out of Funch and we are anointing him the next #1? Everyone is forgetting the first half of the season where Funch dropped about 60% of the balls thrown his way.

Seems like everyone is making KB the scapegoat for this season, when the fact is that he's far from our biggest problem. Giving him away for a 3rd rounder would be stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

Last year we had an MVP QB and went 15-1, do you think bringing KB back into the fold is the reason we are 5-8 right now?

The man is a young, productive receiver. He may not be OBJ, but he's better than what's behind him. One good game out of Funch and we are anointing him the next #1? Everyone is forgetting the first half of the season where Funch dropped about 60% of the balls thrown his way.

Seems like everyone is making KB the scapegoat for this season, when the fact is that he's far from our biggest problem. Giving him away for a 3rd rounder would be stupid.

The health of the Oline is the reason for this season...

that said, I'd gladly trade KB for a RT or LT (La'el Collins - as I've said before) and a 3ed.

faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

that said, I'd gladly trade KB for a RT or LT (La'el Collins - as I've said before) and a 3ed.

I'm all for that. Just getting a 3rd for him would be awful though.

Side note: We could have had Collins for nothing, cmon DG!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

I'm all for that. Just getting a 3rd for him would be awful though.

Side note: We could have had Collins for nothing, cmon DG!

The word on Collins, at the time, was that if he did not get drafted by the 2nd then he would not sign with whatever team drafted him....

When he went UDFA, we had players reaching out to him (Tre Turner for one) but he went with Dallas.

No word if we put out an offer to him, iirc.

Toughguy77

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

I think it has had an effect on how Cam has played this season. He tends to stare him down for too long and not spread the ball. I remember during the SD game the announcer said on multiple plays "he had Greg Olsen wide open on that play". KB is not 100% the reason, but is a tiny factor on Cam's performance.

Carolina Panthers
Forever To Thee
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:

Uh...wut? He has 2 recorded drops on the year and at no point expect maybe the first 1-2 weeks did Benjamin have a higher success rate than Funch on a target vs reception ratio.

Ginn is our best receiver not named Olsen.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KB is the same lazy ace kid as he was in college, only wants to play when he wants to play. Lazy piece of crap of a WR, shame to say he's on my team sometimes.

Carolina Panthers
Total Control GM Mock Draft
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
faccda01 wrote:

Uh...wut? He has 2 recorded drops on the year and at no point expect maybe the first 1-2 weeks did Benjamin have a higher success rate than Funch on a target vs reception ratio.

Ginn is our best receiver not named Olsen.

I think he's thinking about last year when Funchess was terrible in the first 8 games or so. Since then, he's been very good when given the opportunity.

But yea, I agree. Ginn has been good this year. He shouldn't be a #1 receiver, but it isn't his fault he's basically forced to be sometimes. His hands have even been extremely reliable this year. Hopefully we keep him for another year (I think he's an UDFA?).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: