Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free agents to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys think there's any chance we can steal Nick Fairley from the Saints?

He signed a 1 year deal with them a season ago. He was an absolute monster for them. All the Saints front office staff say that Fairley is one of their biggest goals in the offseason(to sign him long term). Fairley also said he wants nothing more than to rejoin the Saints.........but something tells me he will test the FA market
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed to it for the right price. Had a career year in multiple categories. Games, tackles and sacks. Pretty sure there was a "lazy" tag with him in Det was there not? Could be a classic ball hard then cash out type year if the "lazy" tag was there.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot of interest in Markus Wheaton. He didn't get to play much because of a shoulder injury. I believe he would be an excellent compliment to Evans. I would be interested to see the type of contract he recives.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to it for the right price. Had a career year in multiple categories. Games, tackles and sacks. Pretty sure there was a "lazy" tag with him in Det was there not? Could be a classic ball hard then cash out type year if the "lazy" tag was there.

Fairly seems to be the king of 1 year deals. I feel he'll get that on the market again this year. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him to a 1 year deal at all.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
indifference wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
indifference wrote:
Panthers just drafted Vernon Butler last year in the first round. I would be shocked if they signed him with that contract demand. He'll probably be back though via franchise tag, I don't think their GM will make the same mistake twice. And he is absolutely NOT worth $17M per season. I know we have a crap load of cap room but we need to allocate it at different positions. For 17M, we can pick-up two quality wide receivers for Winston and still have money left over to get a big name guy. I'll take Poe or Berry on this team.

If the $17M is an issue for you then you might want to rethink wanting Berry.
17M is an issue for Kawaan Short. The highest paid safety right now is making 12M and that belongs to the Honey Badger. Berry won't come close to making 17M. If anything a Berry contract offer would be around 13-14M, 15 TOPS(including incentives). But 17M for a safety? That's QB money.

$15,000,000 isn't close to $17,000,000? Short averaged 8.5 sacks the last two seasons. From the inside those are great numbers. With the cap jumping so much every year the contract numbers that you would normally equate with that production is no longer the norm.
13-14M isn't close to making 17M. 15 is the worst case scenario which it may come to. That said, for Eric Berry, I don't mind paying him that much. Short on the other hand.........

I'm just not convinced he is worth that pay. Berry is an elite player, top 3 at his position. Short isn't even a top 5 DT, why pay him like one? That's the same mistake we made with Michael Johnson. Donald, McCoy, Cox, Casey, Suh, and Atkins are franchise players. I don't think Short is to be honest. He doesn't takeover games like the elite ones do. Trust me I want a good DT next to McCoy as bad as the next man but there are cheaper alternatives.

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Fairly seems to be the king of 1 year deals. I feel he'll get that on the market again this year. I wouldn't be opposed to signing him to a 1 year deal at all.

I highly doubt it. The reason why he took two 1 year deals was because teams wanted to prove his worth. He did a 1 year deal in St. Louis and did nothing there, they moved on. Fairley moves to New Orleans and produces a good year in sack total. Coming off a strong season there's no way he will be looking for another prove it deal, when he just "proved" it. Yeah the consistency isn't there but players look to cash in after a good season. If anything he'll probably be looking for a short term contract with good guarantee money. GMC is making 16M per season guaranteed. I think Fairley realistically will be in the hunt between 8-10 mil. And for him, that's RISKY. You just never know what your going to get from a player that has a tendency to be lazy. He has Albert Haynesworth written on his forehead. We're probably best off drafting a DT in the first 3 rounds or signing somebody else. Hankins or Alualu may be intriguing.

ravishingone wrote:
I have a lot of interest in Markus Wheaton. He didn't get to play much because of a shoulder injury. I believe he would be an excellent compliment to Evans. I would be interested to see the type of contract he recives.

Was a fan of his when he played for Oregon State. I forgot about him honestly and wondered why his production was so low this year. He would be a great pick-up. He fits the mold of underrated low key profile Licht would probably covet. Big Ben always seems to find him during scrambles if he's not already beating somebody deep.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about Fairley is, Loomis(their GM) has looked stupid the past few years with all his dead money deals that put them in cap hell.

I don't think Loomis signs him to 8-10 million per year.

I would not be opposed to sign him to a Revis type deal...no guaranteed money...or most guaranteed money would be less than 15% of contract.. So give him 8-10 per year but we can cut him anytime and not take any hits. Also lots of incentives on the contract. I don't see a team out there that will give him guaranteed money....at least not much.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care for Fairley. Has the Albert Hainesworth tag all over him IMO. We want another DT go after Jonathan Hankins or put money up for Kawaan Short (which I'm not in favor of if its in the $15-$17 mil range).

If by some miracle Eric Berry hits the market, pay him whatever he wants. Other than that, grab some value guys and draft well.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Glennon likely moving on, do we look to sign a QB, or do we go with Griffin as our backup?

The free agent QB list isn't impressive at all with Matt Schaub probably being the best one who'll hit the market (if he doesn't retire).

It makes me wonder whether we draft a backup in the seventh or look to pick one up as a UDFA.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
With Glennon likely moving on, do we look to sign a QB, or do we go with Griffin as our backup?

The free agent QB list isn't impressive at all with Matt Schaub probably being the best one who'll hit the market (if he doesn't retire).

It makes me wonder whether we draft a backup in the seventh or look to pick one up as a UDFA.

By all accounts, we used a roster spot on Griffin because he's our guy.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reviewing the free agency safety list, Bradley McDougald is the 2nd best option. I will not be surprised if he is signed to a multi-year deal. There isn't much in the free agency TE market. I would not get into a bidding war to get Martelius Bennett. Considering Licht is going to have to sign Brate long-term, having two high priced TEs on the roster I don't see. Luke Stocker at $1.7 million is way too high and he'll be either restructured or cut. He can't play 16 games.

I hope Gholston is resigned. He can play DE and also play 3 technique. He is versatile enough to justify his cap hit, IMO. I think they want to get bigger at NT. Hankins or even Bennie Logan could be possibilities.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8433/johnathan-hankins

Quote:
The Giants aren't expected to prioritize re-signing impending free agent DT Johnathan Hankins.

deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt

Quote:
Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports the Rams have been expected to let Jeff "Fisher guys" like Kenny Britt and CB Trumaine Johnson leave in free agency.

Yes please.

bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt

Quote:
Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports the Rams have been expected to let Jeff "Fisher guys" like Kenny Britt and CB Trumaine Johnson leave in free agency.

Yes please.

Britt seems to have turned it around. I'd shoot him a two or three year deal.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of Clinton McDonald and think he needs to stay around for the long haul, but Spence could be upgraded on or kept as 3rd string. I'd happily welcome Hankins or Bennie Logan. I just think it's more likely Hankins hits the market.

Not a big fan of Britt. If we sign a WR in free agency it will be more of a burner or downfield guy like a Kenny Stills IMO. As far as Trumaine Johnson goes, I'd love to sign him. Problem is he will command a huge contract and with Grimes and VH3 entrenched as starters this upcoming season, I just don't see this offseason being one where we sign a CB to a monstrous contract.

Smack ^
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

General OL question. Do you guys think we look to improve this group more through FA or the draft?

Looking at FA, I really really don't want to move Marpet to C. He's a good RG. Also, would we really look to add a RT with Dotson coming back as our RT a year after an extension?

Clear top OL free agents are the G Zeitler from Cincy and RT Wagner from Baltimore. With the above comments idk if we go after either.

What about the C position? Resign Hawley or go after someone else? A FA prospect that could be worth a look is JC Tretter from GB. Thoughts?

I'm also not confident Sweezy makes it through the year or is the same after his back issues, but we'll cross that bridge if/when we get there.

Smack ^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: