Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Valhalla Villager - Regular season schedule announced (p31)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is he leaving SF to come here? Especially since it looks like he is taking a lesser role?

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly, former head coach of the 49ers, has praised Uyeyama’s science-forward approach to strength and conditioning—something one might be able to pick up on after Kelly’s staff promoted him upon arriving. Uyeyama creates training regimens specific to each individual—not just their positional demands but their individual physiology. To do that, he implemented data tracking as part of a larger analytical program that broke down the demands on the players and what level of workouts will best benefit them.

Kelly: “Uye, our strength coach, they’re cutting-edge guys that have been on top of everything. So there wasn’t anything I brought here that they weren’t already doing or had already tried and moved on to other things. Those guys are pretty good.”

http://zonecoverage.com/2017/vikings/vikings-announce-mark-uyeyama-as-new-strength-and-conditioning-coach/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Why is he leaving SF to come here? Especially since it looks like he is taking a lesser role?

He wasn't retained by Shanahan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Chiefs requested to interview Vikings assistant GM George Paton for their GM job, but for a variety of reasons he'll stay put, sources say.

https://www.twitter.com/RapSheet

I can tell you why...he was told that Andy Reid would have more control.

Thx to Lil Uno!
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL Media senior analyst and personnel guru Gil Brandt ranks the best wide receivers in NFL history.

9. Cris Carter

3. Randy Moss

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816078/gil-brandts-greatest-nfl-receivers-of-all-time

Hard to make a solid argument against his list (although I'm still not a huge fan of Isaac Bruce being #17...he was never that impressive to me).

Thx to Lil Uno!
TENINCH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
NFL Media senior analyst and personnel guru Gil Brandt ranks the best wide receivers in NFL history.

9. Cris Carter

3. Randy Moss

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816078/gil-brandts-greatest-nfl-receivers-of-all-time

Hard to make a solid argument against his list (although I'm still not a huge fan of Isaac Bruce being #17...he was never that impressive to me).

Me neither. Holt was the one that impressed me in that offense.
y*so*blu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:

Because he knows a sinking ship when he sees one and the job opening in Minny was a lifeboat.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL players rarely offer the kind of in-depth look at how they study film that Dez Bryant has revealed on the Cowboys’ website, looking at how he beat Vikings safety Harrison Smith last season. Bryant says on the video that he studied Smith on film, saw how aggressive Smith is, and knew that there was a way to use that aggressiveness against Smith.

Bryant: “Harrison Smith, we knew from watching film that he’s an extremely aggressive safety. If you run any kind of in cuts, out breaking routes, he’s ready to drive on them. So I felt like we did an outstanding job game planning him. I want to sell him inside just because I know he’s aggressive. I know once I sell the in he was gonna bite because that’s what he’s been showing all year, driving hard on those in cuts, and we know that he’s going to jump it. I knew I had him.”

Bryant got open deep for a 56-yard gain on the play in question, a play that was drawn up in the film room.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/08/dez-bryant-explains-how-film-study-helped-him-beat-harrison-smith/

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Would it be more likely that we trade Floyd or outright release him if it comes to that..?

Why release him?

Who would trade for him if he is seen as injury prone and it is expected that the Vikings won't offer him a second contract? The two transactions in sequence and close time proximity gives the impression that the Vikings will not invite him back. Some people posting above think that is the case. But, anything could happen! Laughing

You trade based on potential/prior performance before the injury. I don't think teams will wait out his contract here when he could make an immediate impact.

Anything could happen.

Oh! I was perhaps incorrectly (?) under the impression his contract ends at the end of this season. Am I wrong?

If he is under contract thru 2017, then I would agree with trying to trade him.... if Zimmer is upset with his inability to stay healthy / try to properly rehab / whatever else might annoy him. But his 'prior performance' includes being injured several times and that means he isn't available to do his job as often as a team would prefer. So, teams trading for him would likely use that as a bargaining point to drive down his value in exchange. In that case, if Spielman doesn't get any offers he feels are reasonable, it makes more sense to let Floyd play out his contract and then leave for the dark side of the moon... Very Happy

This is his last year here:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/sharrif-floyd-12303/

I think what will end up happening is he's placed on the PUP list to start the season and he'll finish out the year with us before walking.

You make some fine points though and I doubt we could get much for him (pending his physical). Its a shame. I thought he was going to be so much more for us.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
This is his last year here:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/sharrif-floyd-12303/

I think what will end up happening is he's placed on the PUP list to start the season and he'll finish out the year with us before walking.

You make some fine points though and I doubt we could get much for him (pending his physical). Its a shame. I thought he was going to be so much more for us.

If he is placed on the PUP in the last year of his contract, based on what we have learned from the Teddy brouhaha, his contract would toll and he would still be under contract next year.

Depending on this year, the Vikings may cut him before paying him that salary in 2018. The reason they are paying it this year is because it was guaranteed for injury when they picked up the 5th year option and he couldn't pass a physical. I suspect that Floyd's situation has something to do with the Vikings not picking up Teddy's 5th year.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that is the case though.

Floyd was drafted a year before Teddy. he's already entering his 5th year. I don't think it can toll into a 6th year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I don't think that is the case though.

Floyd was drafted a year before Teddy. he's already entering his 5th year. I don't think it can toll into a 6th year.

Per Article 20, Section 2 of the NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement via the Daily Norseman:

Quote:
Any player placed on a Physically Unable to Perform list (“PUP”) will be paid his full Paragraph 5 Salary while on such list. His contract will not be tolled for the period he is on PUP, except in the last year of his contract, when the player’s contract will be tolled if he is still physically unable to perform his football services as of the sixth regular season game.

That CBA language doesn't contemplate number of years the player was under contract. A contract expiring after five years should be no different than a contract expiring after four years.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, thank you for that! that makes things a little more interesting then...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Full List: The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams

30. Minnesota Vikings
Value: $2.2 billion
1-year change: 38%

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/07/12/the-cowboys-and-yankees-top-the-worlds-most-valuable-sports-teams-of-2017/#1b949fd85018

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison Smith: “I don’t want to play for another team, ever. I want to be a Viking for life, and I want to bring a championship to the city and the franchise.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-ESPN-Tabs-Hunter-as-1-of-Divisions-Top-Rising-Stars/d27eeabb-dfd3-4d73-8cbb-9077209d1965

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39

Jump to: