Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Valhalla Villager - Regular season schedule announced (p31)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Vikings will have two preseason games on national TV. NFLN announced today it'll show Vikings-Seahawks on Aug. 18.

http://www.twitter.com/Andrew_Krammer

Thx to Lil Uno!
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
#Vikings will have two preseason games on national TV. NFLN announced today it'll show Vikings-Seahawks on Aug. 18.

http://www.twitter.com/Andrew_Krammer

Since the game is in Seattle, that will mean their broadcast crew for the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any crazy playoff predictions yet? For some reason I've had this odd scenario in my mind where we play the Titans in the Super Bowl. Tennessee upsets New England, we upset Atlanta or Green Bay, and it's a battle of the underdogs! Very Happy

On a more serious note, I wouldn't underestimate the Titans this season. They're kind of like us, a good team with a solid defense that needed more pieces in order to become great.

Can't wait for the Saints game in Week 1. Here's hoping we get to Brees quite a bit, so that one of us can tweet a picture of it (with the caption "this is how you legally hit a QB") to some of those old New Orleans defenders. Or better yet, Gregg Williams.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can be a fringe playoff team.

But I did do a season record simulation and had Minnesota going full 2004 on the Packers, losing both games in the regular season and then beating them in the WC at their house Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vikings Announce Full Practice Schedule For 52nd Training Camp in Mankato

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Announce-Full-Practice-Schedule-For-52nd-Training-Camp-in-Mankato/8239d80d-a631-434f-bb7f-48ad85f1dae3

Thx to Lil Uno!
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that the Los Angeles Rams have gone back to their blue and white uniforms of the George Allen/Deacon Jones Era. I would love if the Vikings resurrected the uniforms they wore in '70's. What do you think??
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
I have noticed that the Los Angeles Rams have gone back to their blue and white uniforms of the George Allen/Deacon Jones Era. I would love if the Vikings resurrected the uniforms they wore in '70's. What do you think??

That certainly isn't going to happen, but I think this version is about as close as we're going to get to that one. Thankfully, it's light years better than that crap-ola they had previously.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:

Not until next year. They are using the throwback helmets, but still wearing the current era jerseys.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Virginia Viking wrote:

Not until next year. They are using the throwback helmets, but still wearing the current era jerseys.

Yes, that would be awesome.

The Rams' blue and white jerseys are my all-time favorite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Long before Kevin Stefanski watched from the Vikings sidelines as Brett Favre threw a Hail Mary touchdown to Greg Lewis for a Vikings win, he witnessed Reggie Miller nail a 3-point buzzer-beater to force overtime in the 2002 NBA Playoffs.

Kevin cringed at Miller’s bucket and clung to the edge of his seat as the Pacers tied Game 5 against the New Jersey Nets, whom his father, Ed, was general manager of at the time. Miller managed to extend the contest even farther, slamming home a dunk as the first overtime period expired. Fortunately for the Stefanskis, however, the Nets pulled away for a 120-109 victory to seal the game and the series before advancing all the way to the Finals.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Fathers-NBA-Success-Inspired-Kevin-Stefanski-to-NFL-Career/a3c8a296-130f-4ab8-aab9-73b29148df9d

Thx to Lil Uno!
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/19/vikings-strength-coach-leaves-to-take-a-tennis-job/

Quote:
In what may be the first case of an NFL coach leaving to work in tennis, the Vikings have lost their strength and conditioning coach.

Vikings strength and conditioning coach Brent Salazar has left the team to take a job with the U.S. Tennis Association.

Salazar has only been with the Vikings for a year. He previously spent five seasons with the Chiefs. Salazar played tennis in college at New Mexico.

The Vikings will now look for their third strength and conditioning coach in the last three years.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, no one likes being strength coach for Zimmer. Laughing

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the number of injuries that this team had, I'm surprised that he wasn't fired.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
With the number of injuries that this team had, I'm surprised that he wasn't fired.

The rash of injuries predated his arrival...and pretty much have solely been on the offensive line, and none really could have been attributed to overworked strength training...not like the pectoral injuries that occurred under that last guy. The injuries under this guy were mostly freak injuries or happened to guys with significant history of injuries.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Minnesota Vikings have named Mark Uyeyama Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. With a solid decade of experience under his belt, Uyeyama joins the Vikings in 2017 as Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. Uyeyama spent the past nine seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, highlighted by the club’s run to three consecutive NFC Championship Games and an appearance in Super Bowl XLVII against Baltimore.

Uyeyama (ooh-ee-YAH-muh) progressed during his tenure with the 49ers, spending his final two seasons as the club’s Director of Human Performance (2015-16). He was the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for the franchise from 2011-14 and Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach from 2008-10. Uyeyama was named Samson Equipment’s NFL Strength & Conditioning Coach of the Year by American Football Monthly in 2011. Uyeyama will manage the strength and conditioning programs for all Vikings players and work in conjunction with the medical staff on rehabilitation for injured players.

Prior to joining the 49ers, Uyeyama was Head Strength Coach at Utah State University from 2004-07. He is a University of Utah graduate and worked as a student assistant strength coach for two years with the Utes. He moved on to a graduate assistant role at Utah State and then a graduate assistant position at Arizona State from 2001-03 while working on his master’s degree. He earned his master’s in higher and post-secondary education in 2003 from ASU.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Name-Mark-Uyeyama-Head-Strength-and-Conditioning-Coach/fbb09493-ac2f-4697-bd54-c626a1c570a4?sf91890774=1

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

Jump to: