You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Valhalla Villager - Regular season schedule announced (p31)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KHqOpqBWo2fbDuhmJ05JZJMhRCpPT_c259tCInFVjNI/pubhtml

Interesting list put together by Arif, ranking the 2014 draft class using PFF and BR1000 grades.

Full article here

Barr ranked 24th and Teddy ranked 13th. No one else made the list until Stephen at 124 and McKinnon at 133.

but on a list of 330 players, Manziel ranked 147th.

i iz suspiciouz.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Dolmonite26 wrote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KHqOpqBWo2fbDuhmJ05JZJMhRCpPT_c259tCInFVjNI/pubhtml

Interesting list put together by Arif, ranking the 2014 draft class using PFF and BR1000 grades.

Full article here

Barr ranked 24th and Teddy ranked 13th. No one else made the list until Stephen at 124 and McKinnon at 133.

but on a list of 330 players, Manziel ranked 147th.

i iz suspiciouz.

Take it for what its worth I guess. I just thought it was interesting, perhaps more than actually informative.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a rough season for me. When Randy moss was traded in 2005, watching Vikings football was a bore for me. We had no superstar talent, we had a great run defensebut we were terrible all across the board. I remember watching us play the pats and turning it off because we had no chance and no excitement. Then around this time in 2007, we draft some kid from Oklahoma named Adrian Lewis Peterson. Honestly I was angry because I knew we needed a qb. I watched Brady Quinn so his thing in college and assumed we would take him and be off to the races with an actual competent signal caller. Then I watched a few games and new we made the right choice. Welp, 11 years later, the man I raved about has left us, but we are in a much better predicament then when he first came.

I used to get excited sometimes just to see all day run the ball. Now I am excited for a team effort (plus I think stefon diggs will become a legit problem at receiver).

Last edited by Illadelegend215 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd argue that the offense this year will be more fun to watch than it has been in the last 7 years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
I'd argue that the offense this year will be more fun to watch than it has been in the last 7 years.

I feel the same way. Bradford settled in with the offense through the Offseason. No force feeding the ball to Peterson (yes, last year we didn't do that, but in the past 7 we have). Rudolph seemed to become a legit target again, emergence of Thielen, Diggs improving, and we do have a former 1st round pick that may see some playing time. Our offensive line, if they stay healthy, should improve over what we had towards the 2nd half of the season last year also.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illadelegend215 wrote:
Honestly I was angry because I knew we needed a qb. I watched Brady Quinn so his thing in college and assumed we would take him and be off to the races with an actual competent signal caller.

I absolutely hated Brady Quinn as a prospect at QB.

But, I agree with the other posters...if the offensive line can protect Bradford, this may be the best offense that has been here in quite some time...but that's a big if. I long for the days of Korey Stringer, Todd Steussie, Randall McDaniel, David Dixon and Jeff Christy.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, Matt Birk, Anthony Herrera and Ryan Cook would be nice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do find it funny how most of the Media think the Vikings our diving again. Ben Goessling projected them to get swept by the Lions, and going 8-8 again. To each his own, but this team should have beaten the Lions both times last year with the worst O-line situation in a long time. However, I do love being the underdog.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to remember going into next year is the home-field advantage. It's easy to be discouraged by the 5-3 record from 2016, but remember that two of those games we were literally one play away from winning. Not just a play here or a play there, but I'm talking about plays in the final 30 seconds of the game.

US Bank Stadium is still going to be one of the toughest buildings for opponents to play in, and the Vikings should have a chance to go 8-0 at home. Coming off a 10-6 season, Green Bay holds the best record of teams coming to town next year.

The key will be winning on the road. That's where most of the tough games will be. Important to not go 0-fer in road division games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
I do find it funny how most of the Media think the Vikings our diving again. Ben Goessling projected them to get swept by the Lions, and going 8-8 again. To each his own, but this team should have beaten the Lions both times last year with the worst O-line situation in a long time. However, I do love being the underdog.

This seasons record will be determined by one thing...and unfortunately, it's not in anyone's control. Injuries! The Vikings could've been an 11 win team last year if the offensive line had stayed healthy.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia Viking wrote:
byuvike88 wrote:

This seasons record will be determined by one thing...and unfortunately, it's not in anyone's control. Injuries! The Vikings could've been an 11 win team last year if the offensive line had stayed healthy.

I'm not sure, even if Kalil and Smith managed to stay healthy, they were still very poorly ranked. Neither is as bad as Clemmings but I don't think the difference would have resulted in a few more wins.

The interior OL was pretty much healthy all year. Fusco was bad, Boone underperformed and Berger was decent.

The real trouble was the lack of a running game, which I'm not sure would have been any better with a healthy Kalil and Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem had more to do with the lack of consistency in the O-Line. Even if they had been rather mediocre, if they had had the same players playing for more than 1-2 games at a time, at least they could have adjusted for that. But, when you're constantly shuffling pieces, you can't build any consistency.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I'm not sure, even if Kalil and Smith managed to stay healthy, they were still very poorly ranked. Neither is as bad as Clemmings but I don't think the difference would have resulted in a few more wins.

There's one win right there......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I think the problem had more to do with the lack of consistency in the O-Line. Even if they had been rather mediocre, if they had had the same players playing for more than 1-2 games at a time, at least they could have adjusted for that. But, when you're constantly shuffling pieces, you can't build any consistency.

Just to put this into context. The Vikings didn't start the same five linemen in three consecutive weeks at any point in 2016.

Kalil / Boone / Berger / Fusco / Smith
Kalil / Boone / Berger / Fusco / Smith
Clemmings / Boone / Berger / Fusco / Smith
Clemmings / Boone / Berger / Fusco / Smith
Clemmings / Boone / Berger / Fusco / Sirles
Long / Boone / Berger / Fusco / Clemmings
Long / Sirles / Berger / Fusco / Clemmings
Long / Boone / Berger / Fusco / Clemmings
Clemmings / Boone / Easton / Fusco / Sirles
Clemmings / Boone / Easton / Fusco / Sirles
Clemmings / Boone / Easton / Berger / Sirles
Clemmings / Boone / Easton / Berger / Sirles
Clemmings / Berger / Easton / Fusco / Sirles

Last edited by Klomp on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:

Yep. This is what I was trying to say.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 33 of 39

Jump to: