Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills HC search.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal is the only one who is actually not making guesses on stuff so maybe this holds weight but other local guys spew as much crap as national news. You see on Bleacher Report all the time guys like Joe Buscaglia throwing crap out there to bash the bills and say random stuff that has yet to come true and he is said to be Bills beat writer for WKBW

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Sal is the only one who is actually not making guesses on stuff so maybe this holds weight but other local guys spew as much crap as national news. You see on Bleacher Report all the time guys like Joe Buscaglia throwing crap out there to bash the bills and say random stuff that has yet to come true and he is said to be Bills beat writer for WKBW

Yeah Joe and Mike Rodak are the worst.

Sounds like Lynn is getting a 2nd interview with SD (or at least an extended one today).

I'll be curious if the Bills do any others soon.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
1. Corey Davis/Mike Williams
2. Adoree Jackson
3. Joe Mixon
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Pegulas apparently really like McDermott...Sean is in NYC interviewing with 49ers. Pegulas plane went and landed in NJ then went to Charlotte where McDermott currently lives. Could mean something is brewing tonight or into tomorrow.

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Well Pegulas apparently really like McDermott...Sean is in NYC interviewing with 49ers. Pegulas plane went and landed in NJ then went to Charlotte where McDermott currently lives. Could mean something is brewing tonight or into tomorrow.

That is some stalkerish type insider info you have there Laughing

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
2. Adoree Jackson
3. Joe Mixon
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Seems to be correct because Jason La Canfora reporting he is hearing Pegulas still want McDermott and Vic Carucci just reported that Bills are zeroing in on McDermott and can be finalized in a day or so

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Seems to be correct because Jason La Canfora reporting he is hearing Pegulas still want McDermott and Vic Carucci just reported that Bills are zeroing in on McDermott and can be finalized in a day or so

I wasn't doubting you, just found the info creepy haha.

I'm very excited about this. Especially if we land Mccoy too.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
2. Adoree Jackson
3. Joe Mixon
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I honestly don't know a lot about him but he's put together some really good defenses and I think this year was pretty impressive given what he had to work with. I wish we could keep Lynn but it's unlikely.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

I honestly don't know a lot about him but he's put together some really good defenses and I think this year was pretty impressive given what he had to work with. I wish we could keep Lynn but it's unlikely.

Here is a little bit about him.

Quote:
]Sean McDermott will interview with the Bills (Whaley & Pegulas) for the vacant Head Coaching position

Sean McDermott, Age 42, Current DC for Carolina Panthers

Sean McDermott has been the DC in Carolina for 6 years.

During that time he was the only coordinator in the NFL to field a top-10 defense four seasons in a row 2012-2015.

In 2015, McDermott's defense was instrumental in the Panthers' 15-1 regular season and run to Super Bowl 50. Carolina ranked second in the NFL in yards allowed per play (4.9) and sixth in scoring defense (19.3) and total defense (322.9). The defense again showed a nose for the ball, as Carolina led the league in interceptions (24), takeaways (39), points off turnovers (148) and turnover differential (+20) and tied a franchise record with four interception return touchdowns.

In 2014, McDermott guided a defense that weathered injuries and attrition to another top-10 finish. Carolina forced 20 fumbles, second in the league, and tied for 10th in takeaways with 26, helping power the Panthers into the playoffs. In a 27-16 NFC Wild Card win, Carolina held the Arizona Cardinals to an NFL postseason record 78 total net yards.

In 2013, McDermott was named The Sporting News Coordinator of the Year when his unit ranked second in total defense (301.3). The Panthers also led the league in sacks (60) while finishing second in scoring defense (15.1). The defense helped propel Carolina to a 12-4 record, an NFC South title The defense set a team record with an NFL-low 21 touchdowns allowed while scoring a team-record four defensive touchdowns.

In 2012, McDermott's unit ranked 10th in total defense - an 18-spot improvement from 2011 - as Carolina finished in the top 10 in sacks, third-down conversion percentage and negative plays created. Kuechly earned NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year after leading the league in tackles with a franchise record 205.

< Footnote: He was fired by Philadelphia in January 2011 >

McDermott came to Carolina following 12 seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles, the last two as defensive coordinator, helping the Eagles to the playoffs in each of those seasons. During his tenure with Philadelphia, McDermott contributed to six division titles, five NFC Championship appearances and a trip to Super Bowl XXXIX.

In 2010, McDermott led one of the league's youngest defenses, which finished in the top 10 in takeaways and sacks. In his first season overseeing the Eagles' defense in 2009, McDermott was named the NFL's top defensive coordinator by Pro Football Weekly after his unit ranked third in the NFL with 38 takeaways and 44 sacks. Philadelphia also stood second in third-down defense and fifth in yards per play allowed.

McDermott coached the secondary and linebackers before becoming defensive coordinator, learning under the late Jim Johnson, the Eagles' legendary defensive coordinator. Tutoring the defensive backs in 2008, McDermott helped the Eagles rank third in the NFL in pass defense and second in net yards per pass play.

Sean McDermott was an All-Atlantic 10 Conference safety for William & Mary as a senior in 1997.

Lasus83

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word is you guys have signed McDermott

Congrats and may all of you burn in hell for stealing our guy :)

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:

Congrats and may all of you burn in hell for stealing our guy Smile

Dont think its official yet. Still some issues to work out but im expecting it to happen. We want the McDermott and Mike McCoy duo. Gonna have some McCoaches... i hope lol

cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like mcdermott i hope lynn stays he fits the offense better

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:

Dont think its official yet. Still some issues to work out but im expecting it to happen. We want the McDermott and Mike McCoy duo. Gonna have some McCoaches... i hope lol

Don't forget Shady Mccoy and then trading for McCarron and my last name being McMillan Cool

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
2. Adoree Jackson
3. Joe Mixon
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:

Don't forget Shady Mccoy and then trading for McCarron and my last name being McMillan Cool

If we get these two Ill be Lovin It Laughing

Nucealius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, haven't been around in a couple of years, so: Hey!

Second: Lynn as the HC would probably assure we get Tyrod back (which I'm very much in favor of, as D was our problem this year).

Let's keep some kind of consistency. Changing it up every few years hasn't done anything for us.

Thanks to NickChowaniec for the sig.

NFL- Buffalo Bills
College- Tennessee Vols
Whitner20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I like mcdermott i hope lynn stays he fits the offense better

I like McDermott a lot as well. Not gonna lie, when the interview process began, it seemed we were only after the b-list candidates. I liked McDermott's authorization, he's a leader, a winner, hes young, been to the SB and the way he preaches and coaches, he just seemed like the perfect guy for the job.

The only issue i had was who his OC would be. For me to be 100% with him, i just needed him to have a good OC in mind because a lot of his success could be due to talent Carolina has that we don't. But when he was linked with Mike McCoy, he became my #1 choice.

I'm not sure if the McCoy rumors are true, we will find out soon, but that excites me. I was never on the Anthony Lynn bandwagon. Not enough experience and too much into the run and pound, and a guy who people say is a true leader of men, sure didn't seem to have that impact with Karlos Williams or Jonathan Williams.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: