Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will these final 4 games determine Payton's future in NOLA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will happen to Payton if the Saints finish 7-9 or worse for a 3rd straight season?
Fired
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Traded
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Retained
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Your right and the fact is that there are so many flat out "TRUE DIE HARD" Saints fans in this city and elsewhere that feel they owe Payton something because he lead this franchise to their first Super Bowl championship that this orginazation hasn't felt the type of pressure other orginazations feel when they display the type of production this regime has over the last 5 years but I do feel that the tide is turining around Airline DR. Payton and Loomis are in fact beginning to feel some pressure, local media reports are actually starting to challenge these guys and put there feet to the fire. The fact that Brees is getting older and that window is closing is making even the die hards fact facts and while I think Loomis and Payton will get 2017... I truly believe that 2017 will be a playoffs or your out year for Payton.
Well, win or lose, we're in it for the long haul. I just hope this ship gets on the right track and soon. It would be gut wrenching to become another Dolphins type team that hasn't really done anything since Marino.

Anyhoo... cheers!
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Will these final 4 games determine Payton's future in NO Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
He is what he is and that's an average NFL head coach and an elite offensive passing game coordinator. There is more to being a Head Coach in the NFL than producing an elite passing game year in and year out and Payton has basically failed at every other aspect of his job outside that.
whodat

Worm, I think this paragraph says it all... Let's look at fact, what's the Saints' record since Payton took over play-calling duties from his OC? Hmmm? Sure, it's just 0 for 2. Throw in his poor clock management skills and fielding an undisciplined team, think about it?

Mid Iowa wrote:
trade Browner to Canada for a tub of fine Maple syrup, and call it a night.
NS922

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad people have to have egos. Imagine if we could just demote him to OC and have someone else as HC.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Will these final 4 games determine Payton's future in NO Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Let's look at fact, what's the Saints' record since Payton took over play-calling duties from his OC? Hmmm? Sure, it's just 0 for 2. Throw in his poor clock management skills and fielding an undisciplined team, think about it?
They're not THAT undisciplined. They only had 13 penalties for 104 yards. .....oh, wait........that sucks. Never mind... (Opponent had 7 for 65)

Week 13 - 10 for 83 (Opponent had 6 for 39)
Week 12 - (Rams) 6 for 45 (Rams 6 for 62)

I could go on. Payton took over the last few weeks and has been horrible, and has failed the team.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came here to say Sean Payton is garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:

can I get an AMEN!?!?

Mid Iowa wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:

can I get an AMEN!?!?

Payton's ego has always been this teams biggest weak link... bottom line is that he took over playcalling duties specifically leading up to the Greg Williams showdown. He wanted it to be all about him vs Williams and he's continued holding those duties so it wouldn't seem like it is what it was.

Payton has always been a diva both as a coach and playcaller... he's also a hypocrite of the highest level and his time here is up. Sadly he'll get another year in 2017 and he'll likely go either 9-7 or 10-6 and lead to another year in 2018.

WHODAT91FOREVER
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payton to LA and reunite with Gregg Williams? LOL

Mid Iowa wrote:
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
That would be pretty damn funny. They deserve each other.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:

I've actually stated before that I believe Payton would be a good fit in LA...

1. He love to fire Williams again
2. He loved Goff coming out of the draft
3. He'd have his satlalite player already in Tavon Austin
4. It's rumored he covets a west coast job
5. LA fits his diva status
6. LA wants a big offensive name
7. Gurley would give Payton the best back he's ever had
8. The Rams are loaded on defense with talent
9. Snead isn't in a position to complain so Payton would get the power he likes
10. I'm sure that suitable compensation can be agreed on

WHODAT91FOREVER
Magnifico

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been rumblings this week [nothing near the Harbaugh talk though], that Payton's been linked with the LA job.

I know the owners and their GM for the Pelicans have copped a lot of flak, do you think with regards to the Saints they'll be stubborn to a similar degree and not even entertain trade offers if LA presented them for Payton [not that LA have a ton of picks to be offering right now or Payton is worth much?]

Afterall Mickey Loomis still has a job. [Not to say the talent evaluation is terrible, nor do we know who has the ultimate control between him and Payton]
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnifico wrote:
There have been rumblings this week [nothing near the Harbaugh talk though], that Payton's been linked with the LA job.

I know the owners and their GM for the Pelicans have copped a lot of flak, do you think with regards to the Saints they'll be stubborn to a similar degree and not even entertain trade offers if LA presented them for Payton [not that LA have a ton of picks to be offering right now or Payton is worth much?]

Afterall Mickey Loomis still has a job. [Not to say the talent evaluation is terrible, nor do we know who has the ultimate control between him and Payton]

Just can't see Loomis letting Payton out now... everything Loomis and Payton have done over the past 2 years have been gearing up towards this offseason. They have been quietly rebuilding this roster since 2014 till now and there finally clear of the cap hell dead money. They have a young promising team with money to spend and Bree's locked in through 2017 with a 18 million dollar decision to make after next season... EVERYTHING HAS BEEN BUILT UP TO THE 2017 SEASON. No way they let Payton out now before seeing this through.

What I feel will happen is this regime returns for the 2017 season... if it's successful (playoffs) then status quo remains the same and Loomis restructures Bree's deal but if for any reason the Saints miss the playoffs in 2017 I think major changes happen.

Loomis is untouchable but whispers of him taking a step back and retaining just the VP titles of the Saints and Pelicans are strong if 2017 is a failure. If that happens Loomis hires a new GM of football ops for the Saints and Payton is fired and Bree's isn't retained. Then the new GM is in charge of hiring the new HC and search for the next QB of this franchise.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will they? No.

Should they? No, because it should've already been decided, not winning meaningless games at this point.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Will they? No.

Should they? No, because it should've already been decided, not winning meaningless games at this point.
^^pretty valid point.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Jets fan I'd love to trade Mo Wilkerson for Payton. Mo has given up on us and Bowles has been infuriating to watch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: