Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wanna take bets - Europe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
I totally get your stance on it, but as far as I can tell the city hasn't gone bankrupt since we hosted the Chargers over there in 2008. It's only one game every blue moon. We're the road team next year. I'm not trying to say it's not something legitimate to take issue with, but there are two sides to it and you just have to believe the positives will be greater than the negatives. As you can tell, the people over there who love these games and the opportunities they bring think it's a great thing. It's all a matter of perspective.

So if you give me 1/8th of your salary every 4 years it won't bankrupt you and it should be ok as long as I tell you it's for a good cause... and you'd be ok with that?

WHODAT91FOREVER
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
I totally get your stance on it, but as far as I can tell the city hasn't gone bankrupt since we hosted the Chargers over there in 2008. It's only one game every blue moon. We're the road team next year. I'm not trying to say it's not something legitimate to take issue with, but there are two sides to it and you just have to believe the positives will be greater than the negatives. As you can tell, the people over there who love these games and the opportunities they bring think it's a great thing. It's all a matter of perspective.
Perspective is incredibly important, so let's do an experiment. Everyone who is for this, and thinks it's not a big deal to the businesses that thrive on a home game, try this.

Let's take your job and create a mandatory furlough (no work, no pay). It will last 45 days (the same as missing ONE home game). We'll bring in somebody from another country to do your job, so the people supplying the product to your job still make money, but you don't. But it will be great for your replacement people!!

I'm not sure how much you earn in 45 days, but my guess is that it would cramp your style a bit.

Now, if you've modeled your lifestyle such that 45 days without pay will bankrupt you, then shame on you.... as someone else put it.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
Aout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlowe22 wrote:
Mid Iowa wrote:
Jlowe22 wrote:
I think its garbage, not really much else to say about it.
No argument there. We've already seen the NFL Europe experiment crash & burn once. Not sure why Goodell keep this crap going.

Even the Mexico City game. Have you watch that? They've got a fence with barbed wire on top keeping the fans away from the players, and about 20 feet of tarped area between the fans and the field. What a "great experience".

It's horse [inappropriate/removed]. Part of being American nowadays is having to cater to the wants and needs of other countries that would never reciprocate. It needs to stop, I'm sorry American football is better than your football, but it's American football and needs to stay in America.

We're talking about Europe, not Africa. US ain't giving [inappropriate/removed] to the EU/Europe.

This being said I 100% agree, games must stay in the US. Force feeding Europeans with football will not help at all, there's too much of a cultural gap between the US and the EU regarding sports (sports like Baseball/Football where there are a lot of rules, a lot of breaks opposed to sports like soccer/rugby where the game is "flowing", the ref have less of an impact).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: