You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garoppolo Asking Price?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
If Harmon goes, get ready for an early round safety. He's a very solid #3 and replacing him will be tough and/or costly. I'd prefer the Pats overpay a little to keep him than try to replace him through the draft.

The trouble is that are so few quality safeties around at the moment that someone may well massively overpay for him.

If that happens, I would expect another late 2nd safety in the draft, depending on how they see Richards progressing. He looked decent in the PS, and it's hard to judge what the coaches think of him during the season when he's stuck behind 3 quality players.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
MoJo63

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
If Harmon goes, get ready for an early round safety. He's a very solid #3 and replacing him will be tough and/or costly. I'd prefer the Pats overpay a little to keep him than try to replace him through the draft.

The trouble is that are so few quality safeties around at the moment that someone may well massively overpay for him.

If that happens, I would expect another late 2nd safety in the draft, depending on how they see Richards progressing. He looked decent in the PS, and it's hard to judge what the coaches think of him during the season when he's stuck behind 3 quality players.

I have to wonder if BB would take a look at Jones at safety he can't be a KR or PR yet
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the initial question.
What did Philly get for Sam Bradford?

Significantly more than that.
MoJo63

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
To the initial question.

Why more I am curious about this? Jimmy G has two games on his resume' that's it, two, not a lot to go by.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
To the initial question.

Woah! Haven't seen you post in forever Wink

I don't think Jimmy G is traded this offseason baring a can't turn down offer. We have a cost controlled QB who knows the offense inside and out who has proven to be able to fill in during regular season play. He is an extremely valuable backup for a team looking to field a 40 year old starting QB next season.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

I have to wonder if BB would take a look at Jones at safety he can't be a KR or PR yet

Jones doesn't really have the skillset to be a safety in New England. He doesn't have good size or length, he's not great at tracking the ball and he has fairly poor recovery ability. He has exactly the skill set the Pats like in their CB's so I would expect that he will be a top 3 CB on the team next year. He looked solid vs. Baltimore, outside of that one play where he got burned badly.

He's a work in progress, but there's no reason he can't be a quality starting CB or - at worst - a really good slot CB.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo63 wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
To the initial question.

Why more I am curious about this? Jimmy G has two games on his resume' that's it, two, not a lot to go by.

Just because I view him as a superior QB talent compared to Bradford, even with Bradford having significantly more tape!

Hey Deadpulse! haha
Still lurking in the shadows!
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the reputation Brady's backups have (being awful) will hurt his value?
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Do you think the reputation Brady's backups have (being awful) will hurt his value?

Probably not
MoJo63

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

It could, as silly as it all sounds when our QBs leave and fail a lot of ppl tend to lean on it's our system. Now what may be interesting if Patricia or McDaniels land a job on a team that needs a QB I can see that having a huge effect.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

I think that's just a matter of percentages - most back-up QBs are fairly terrible. Cassel and Hoyer really over-performed for their draft position.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than Cassel, who showed to be good in KC for one year with Weis, what Pats QB was lauded as being particularly good? Kingsbury? Davey? O'Connell? Mallett? Hoyer? Those guys were either outright cut or (in Mallett's case) traded for peanuts.

I don't think the league has ever really bought into the idea that the Pats generate good QB's. So I doubt the failures of Pats QB's will really affect Garoppolo's value at all.

What Garoppolo has going for him is that he was a coveted prospect recently, regarded by most as a top 50-60 type prospect and in his limited duty he's shown that that potential might actually amount to something. And, unlike Cassel, Garoppolo didn't have Moss, Welker and a great OL.

I think teams that like Garoppolo in his draft year will take a good long look at him in the offseason and he's less risky, perhaps much less so, than someone you'd draft this year.
wahaha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't be traded, BB will give him a long term contract.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahaha wrote:

So Brady is retiring?
wahaha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
wahaha wrote:

So Brady is retiring?

No, he is not.

Both of them know that each gives the other the best chance to get 5th ring, but what happened in Sep, 2014 may happen again anytime.

If they get 5th ring in contract time, both BB and Brady have other thing to prove, that is, they can win without each other.

If they fail to get 5th ring, Brady will be let go. (Browns or 49ers)

The biggest threat to SB run this season is Giants, their defense suddenly becomes so great, especially pass rush, and their offense is capable of scoring 24+ pts against pats D. No QB in NFC knows how to protect the balls (besides Eli in playoff).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 4 of 28

Jump to: