Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you do immediately

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: What would you do immediately Reply with quote

So we're 2 days without an active comment on this thread, which means we're losing and have no hope for this season.

So:
Owner: If you bought the Saints franchise today, what would be your first move to bring the club to a better standing?

GM: You take over as GM today, under the rule of Benson, what would be your first course of action to right the ship?

Coach: Payton is fired and you are hired as head coach and you start today. What key player moves would you make, if any? What coaching changes would you make, if any?

Feel free to comment on one, or all (or none, I suppose) positions.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
July 4 1981 - April 9 2016 ~a Saint 2004 - 2012 ~a Champion forever.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you do immediately Reply with quote

OWNER:
Fire both Loomis and Payton immediately... announce to fan base that while this franchise was once a laughing stock of the NFL the success from 2006-2010 is no reason to settle for mediocrity moving forward.

Bring Brees in and determine his willingness to remain and be a part of the rebuild and if I determine Brees is not 100% onboard I instruct my GM hire to find the best deal possible for the franchise quarterback.

GM:
Inform Benson I intend to trade Payton in the offseason understands it could also lead to the parting with Drew Bree's as well. Begin a widespread search for the next Saints head coach looking for a young innovative hungry coach with fire, passion and he ability to connect with his players.

COACH:
Understand that what we have been doing only gets you to the middle of the pack. Retain both Carmichael and Allen as coordinators but demand a more balanced attack from Carmichael on offense. With little assets look to become a more blanced team by fielding trade offers for Brandin Cooks in offseason in an attempt to turn a offensive luxury into defensive depth/talent. Cooks is a good player but not irreplaceable... with Thomas and Snead this offense could invest in another mid round reciiever to stretch the field or even another quality tightend to run multi TE sets to offset the loss of Cooks. Use open cap space to invest wisely on defense and continue that trend in the draft.

WHODAT91FOREVER
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owner: Drink myself to death.

GM: Drink myself to death.

Coach: Shoot myself in the head.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: What would you do immediately Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
Owner: If you bought the Saints franchise today, what would be your first move to bring the club to a better standing?

I would insist Mickey Loomis resign from the Pelicans, or from the Saints. I would want written notification immediately, with the formal change being made at the end of either respective season.

If he's not willing, I'd release him immediately.

Mid Iowa wrote:
GM: You take over as GM today, under the rule of Benson, what would be your first course of action to right the ship?
Here's the drastic measure - I would fire Sean Payton and meet with Drew Brees in an attempt to lock him up through retirement. If he's not willing to sign a new contract, I would trade him in the off season. He's got 2 really good years, but this would be a rebuild, and you just as well start with the eminent.

I would look into several trades, and a few replacements asap.
Trades:
Fleener - Cooks (maybe) - Brees (maybe) - Marcus Murphy
Examine:
Peat, Strief, Ellerbe, Tommylee Lewis, Vacarro, for possible trades
Release or trade, if possible:
Byrd - maybe Vacarro - Marcus Murphy (if no trade) - James Laurinaitis
Extend contracts:
Brees - Craig Robertson - Nick Fairly - Hightower - Cadet - and examine several others.

Mid Iowa wrote:
Coach: Payton is fired and you are hired as head coach and you start today. What key player moves would you make, if any? What coaching changes would you make, if any?

1)Immediately, the special teams coach probably wouldn't even get a meeting, his belongings would simply be in his parking spot and I might even fire him via text.

2)Rearrange the line backing corps just a bit. Elerbie is good, but glass. Stephone Anthony needs to be in often. I know he's not the smartest, but the kid is an absolute baller, and if his rookie year is any indication of his talent, we've got a really good player just sitting on the bench. 70 tackles last year, 5 this year.

3)Immediately meet with Brees and Cooks (separately) to see what their intentions are.

4)Send Joe Vitt packing and examine possible replacements for almost all the other coaches with the possible exceptions of the O-line coach, WR coach, and maybe RB coach... but those 3 are suspect. I think Brees makes them all look good.

That's my 2 cents worth.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you do immediately Reply with quote

I still don't understand the hate of Vaccaro on here... yes he's an aggressive player who at times is out of position because of it but he's also a very productive player and one that is often times asked to do so much more just because of the talent that surrounds him.

Jordan, Vaccaro and Ellerbe are the most productive players on this defense and that makes Vaccaro part of the solution not the problem.

WHODAT91FOREVER
domepatrol91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you do immediately Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I still don't understand the hate of Vaccaro on here... yes he's an aggressive player who at times is out of position because of it but he's also a very productive player and one that is often times asked to do so much more just because of the talent that surrounds him.

Jordan, Vaccaro and Ellerbe are the most productive players on this defense and that makes Vaccaro part of the solution not the problem.
Agreed. Vaccaro has improved a ton this season, I'm excited to see him next year.
Mid Iowa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: What would you do immediately Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:

For me it's because he IS out of position when it really seems to count. I know he's improved, but he should after 3 years. He's not a difference maker, and his play and improvisation, regardless of why, isn't good improvisation and leads to blown coverages.

He's not a Sharper type, so he needs to stick to what he's supposed to stick to.

Now, I don't "Hate" they guy, in fact, quite the opposite. But we could do better rather easily, in my opinion.
R.I.P. Will Smith #91
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: What would you do immediately Reply with quote

Mid Iowa wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:

For me it's because he IS out of position when it really seems to count. I know he's improved, but he should after 3 years. He's not a difference maker, and his play and improvisation, regardless of why, isn't good improvisation and leads to blown coverages.

He's not a Sharper type, so he needs to stick to what he's supposed to stick to.

Now, I don't "Hate" they guy, in fact, quite the opposite. But we could do better rather easily, in my opinion.

For me... Vaccaro is the Cam Jordan of the defensive backfield as I see this coaching staff asking him to play multiple positions very often depending on the game plan. This is because of many reasons... one is that he's their most versitle backend defender, two is that this staff has failed to put quality players around him and three this coaching staff has become too dependent on his ability. Also, let's not forget about the lack of pass rush that has stumped this backfield over the last few seasons. Just watching how this staff has called their games defensively over the course this year shows that they feel Vaccaro is their most versitle defender and that should tell you something right their.

WHODAT91FOREVER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: