Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you give up for Jimmy G?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
brownie man wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
brownie man wrote:
https://youtu.be/dUI6YmBkj1w

Highlight tape of JG vs Miami.

Honestly he doesn't look any better of a player than Cody Kessler can become. He plays with a talented offense with a solid o line in an established system.

He doesn't make amazing plays, is pretty accurate, and takes what the defensive gives him.

To make he's the same player as Cody Kessler. You pull up Kessler's game vs Miami and it looks similar.

I'm not trading anything more than a 4th for JG.

He's got a stronger arm than Kessler which is a big deal. He's also bigger. Those 2 things are the only reason why I can't see Cody having consistent success as opposed to Jimmy.

Honestly it's not much stronger though, and he's about an inch taller at 6'2. That minimal physical difference.

I think Cody could add 10 pounds within a year and still play, and he's still got the potential to increase arm strength some. JG is overrated Kessler after a few years in this system would look just as good basically.

I do not see what you're seeing. You like Kizer because of his great arm strength (which is accurate). However, how do you not see a significant difference between Kessler and Jimmy G?

I mean I see a difference. But compared to Kessler pretty much all starting QBs will have better arms.

I just don't think it's that much stronger. He looks like it could make most if not all the neccasary throws, but I think it's average and wouldn't be an advantage in our weather.

He for sure doesn't have a special arm.

I just don't see what exactly we'd be trading for? He's not a superior talent and he doesn't have production. Would we be trading for him basically because he's TB's backup?
cortes02

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quarterback has to literally be the hardest position to predict success for in the NFL. No matter how good the intangibles are or physical traits a QB may have, it's still a guessing game in the end whether it's via the draft, trade, or free agency. It's extremely rare for a good QB to hit free agency and it's almost just as hard to determine if a backup QB will be successful as a starter for another team. In the end, I would still just prefer to draft our own.

Peace!!!

Sig By ReggieCamp
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
Again, I am not a big fan of trading for the guy, but if they want "1st round value" then what about:

Say pick 10 (assuming the Eagles lose, which is no guarantee with the Cowboys likely to rest people)

for

Jimmy
Pats 1st (probably right around pick 30)

That is roughly 700 points on the draft chart, or around pick 26.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
HanShotFirst

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a rumor suggesting that Josh McDaniels would require the team who signs him as head coach to trade for Garoppolo. Given the time McDaniels has had to work with Garoppolo this seems believable. In any event it may mean that this other team drives up Garoppolo's price - which is already borderline high for my tastes.

HanShotFirst is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HanShotFirst wrote:
I read a rumor suggesting that Josh McDaniels would require the team who signs him as head coach to trade for Garoppolo. Given the time McDaniels has had to work with Garoppolo this seems believable. In any event it may mean that this other team drives up Garoppolo's price - which is already borderline high for my tastes.

He is being favorited to San Fran it would make sense
Browns1987

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he doesnt go where McDaniels goes, I wouls be even less interested in him.
bruceb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 6th or 7th, if we even have them. Why is this even being discussed in the context of giving up top draft picks in a year when we have enough top picks possibly to solidify the D in a draft deep in D?
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are wildly underrating this kids talent level. I understand not wanting to give a first for him. But 4th - 7th rounders? Give me a damn break. He was a legit 2nd round pick who's looked like a goodplayer in 3 pre-seasons and his only game action, He has gotten A+ coaching and development for 3 seasons.

I despise the 'well look at how NE QBs have done after leaving' argument.

Cassell and Hoyer have had career that far outshined their talent level because of how well they were developed. Ryan Mallet fell in the draft because hes a lazy moron.

There is so much more to Jimmy G than there was to Hoyer and Cassell. Their relative success should only highlight whats possible for Jimmy who has much more physical prowess.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is Jimmy's Contract up? If NE thinks he is Brady's replacement no way would they trade him, and Brady is pushing 40- So if they are willing to give him up he must still have flaws that prevent them from thinking he is next in line which makes me not want to give up more than a 3rd for him.

I think many of the members of this forum loved Jimmy coming out (more for his Brady Quinn like looks lets be honest) But instead of having to invest at least a 1st rounder for him I really want to see what Kessler can do first.

I saw someone post about Cousins and Tyrod as well- If either hit the Market I doubt they would want to come here with teams like Denver and maybe the Texans going after them.

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
HanShotFirst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
When is Jimmy's Contract up? If NE thinks he is Brady's replacement no way would they trade him, and Brady is pushing 40- So if they are willing to give him up he must still have flaws that prevent them from thinking he is next in line which makes me not want to give up more than a 3rd for him.

Garoppolo's contract is up after this coming year. Another possibility is that NE expects to have Brady for at least two more seasons. They will not be able to squeeze Garoppolo's second contract under the cap so they want to trade him now. It may not mean that they think he cannot develop

HanShotFirst is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HanShotFirst wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:

Garoppolo's contract is up after this coming year. Another possibility is that NE expects to have Brady for at least two more seasons. They will not be able to squeeze Garoppolo's second contract under the cap so they want to trade him now. It may not mean that they think he cannot develop

By now they have seen enough of him to know whether he is Brady's replacement. If he is, they would find a way to keep him. And if they are willing to let him go they probably have concluded that he is not.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
By now they have seen enough of him to know whether he is Brady's replacement. If he is, they would find a way to keep him. And if they are willing to let him go they probably have concluded that he is not.

I feel like I already have like eight posts in here explaining why this is possible, but not necessarily the case. If you aren't listening at this point then you've already made up your mind on what you want on this one and are interpreting the situation to fit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
bruceb wrote:

I feel like I already have like eight posts in here explaining why this is possible, but not necessarily the case. If you aren't listening at this point then you've already made up your mind on what you want on this one and are interpreting the situation to fit.

You keep forgetting bruceb insists on the triple option Laughing

Little does he know you still need a QB.

Thanks Reg!
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know a player I'd rather trade for over Jimmy G is

Brett Hundley.

Talk about a guy who has produced during the pre-season and looked good whenever he got true game time.

He has played behind arguably the other best QB in the game and would cost a lot less.

More physically talented than Jimmy G is. I really liked him out of UCLA, and I think he's developed in Green Bay.

Would probably cost a 3rd and 6th or something like that.

I think he'd be a great player to come in and compete with Kessler and our rookie.

I'd rather sign Taylor, but if we can't sign him definitely would want Hundley over JG.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
bruceb wrote:

While you are most likely correct, I would have to say that if they TRULY felt Jimmy G had a great chance to pick up where Brady would leave off, then there is no way they would trade them.

A lot could happen this year that could lead to the Pats keeping JG with an extension or the franchise tag. Maybe Brady looks terrible, or maybe he has a serious injury.

If they TRULY TRULY think he is a legit stud in waiting, they would not trade him for anything less than their asking price.

Unless of course BB is going to retire when Brady does, in which case, he doesnt care about some draft pick.
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 13 of 31

Jump to: