Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What would you give up for Jimmy G?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dll2000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:26 pm    Post subject: What would you give up for Jimmy G? Reply with quote

Bears fan here.

Question: What would you be willing to trade in draft picks to Pats for Jimmy G. in 2017 (assuming he is willing to sign deal, etc.)?

Some Bears fans are offering a 2016 (2) and (4) and a 2017 (2) for him.

I argued you (Browns) could offer your 2nd 2016 (1) and a (3) or two (4s) and easily top Bears fan offer and still have a boat load of picks including no. 1 overall. You have 8 high picks in first 4 rounds I believe.

Some also argue that Jimmy G. is product of NE system and likely not that good so they don't want him.

SF, Jets, need QBs bad as well and several other teams have aging franchise QBs losing steam. IMO, QB market looks to be a sellers one especially with underwhelming college class of QBs.

Anyway, I was just gauging the Browns fan interest in Jimmy G. and their willingness to give up picks for him.

Let me know. Thanks.
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing

He hasn't proven anything but he can be injured within 4 weeks. We don't need anymore guys like that.

I'd give up a 6th or 7th tops.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this serious? What does he have like 3-5 career starts? He only had 2 this season and couldn't even stay healthy through that much. He is unproven at best. I wouldn't give up anything more than a late 3rd round pick. I would much prefer take my chances on someone in the draft with those picks.

When has trading premium picks or paying outrageous money in free agency for an unproven QB ever worked out for anyone? Matt Schaub in Houston for a short amount of time. He is literally the only one I can think of and even then he had a longer resume than Jimmy G.

Jamison on the sig
dll2000

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Nothing

He hasn't proven anything but he can be injured within 4 weeks. We don't need anymore guys like that.

Who do you want to be your 2017 QB?
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd gladly give up a 2nd we have 2 of them,he's worth taking a shot at. I would have taken him in the 2nd round of the draft and I haven't seen anything to change my opinion on him. He's still got a super quick release. Still accurate. Has a nice arm.

I'd be hesitant to give up one of our firsts because we need to build up the defense but if we can build up the defense plus get a qb with a 2nd rounder then build the oline I'd be happy.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
AkronsWitness

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:
brownie man wrote:
Nothing

An offensive line and Cody Kessler. I honeslty dont think Jimmy would be an upgrade over Kessler from what he has shown in preseason games and his few starts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AkronsWitness wrote:
dll2000 wrote:
brownie man wrote:
Nothing

An offensive line and Cody Kessler. I honeslty dont think Jimmy would be an upgrade over Kessler from what he has shown in preseason games and his few starts.

Exactly what has Jimmy G proven at all?? Nothing he hasn't proved anything he got injured after two games. He proved he can get injured after two games thats what hes proved. Doesn't say 2nd round pick to me. Just a projection like every other QB in this draft.
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a 2nd. Those of you dissing him for getting hurt need to get a grip. If it was a long term pattern of his getting hurt repeatedly then I'd definitely get it. Not trading for someone because of a one time injury isn't smart.

I would've taken him in the late 1st his year, I like him a lot. He always had all the traits you want, smart, quick decision maker, really fast release, strong arm, accurate. He was just coming from a really low level of competition and not a super pro-style offense. He was always a "develop him for a couple years and you'll probably have a good one" guy. He looked very good in his starts, to the point where if you talk to NE fans I think most of them would laugh off a 2nd/3rd offer. But that's what I'd give up for him, I think without having him on the roster to evaluate he's too risky to give up a top ten pick, which is what Philly's pick is looking like now.

And I like Kessler enough that he's not high on my offseason priorities, even if I like the cut of his jib.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd offer a 3rd, RGIII and a mod to be named later. Let Kessler and Garopolo battle it out. Much better than the battles we have seen in the past. Also, lets forgive Gordon and sign Pryor to go along with Coleman. Draft a stud RB and a few offensive linemen early.

Hope the defense develops...or not lets play 43-38 type games. Even if we lose we deserve to be entertained.
brownie man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Probably a 2nd. Those of you dissing him for getting hurt need to get a grip. If it was a long term pattern of his getting hurt repeatedly then I'd definitely get it. Not trading for someone because of a one time injury isn't smart.

I would've taken him in the late 1st his year, I like him a lot. He always had all the traits you want, smart, quick decision maker, really fast release, strong arm, accurate. He was just coming from a really low level of competition and not a super pro-style offense. He was always a "develop him for a couple years and you'll probably have a good one" guy. He looked very good in his starts, to the point where if you talk to NE fans I think most of them would laugh off a 2nd/3rd offer. But that's what I'd give up for him, I think without having him on the roster to evaluate he's too risky to give up a top ten pick, which is what Philly's pick is looking like now.

And I like Kessler enough that he's not high on my offseason priorities, even if I like the cut of his jib.

You got a guy who is 2 years from having to be PAID. I can't get with that. Hes gonna need a long term deal or franchise tag and he hasn't played but 2 games on one of the best built teams in the league.

I'd rather draft a rookie have someone we can develop in our system that'll cost less.

I'd trady more for Mike Glennon than Jimmy G if I had to pick. I dont get the type with Jimmy he went late 2nd for a reason. I dont see what hes dont to raise his value besides not making it three weeks.
Browns1987

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans' 2nd if I had to give a pick.
But I wouldnt trade for him, he hasnt shown anything because he has barely played.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What would you give up for Jimmy G? Reply with quote

dll2000 wrote:
Bears fan here.

Question: What would you be willing to trade in draft picks to Pats for Jimmy G. in 2017 (assuming he is willing to sign deal, etc.)?

Some Bears fans are offering a 2016 (2) and (4) and a 2017 (2) for him.

I argued you (Browns) could offer your 2nd 2016 (1) and a (3) or two (4s)
and easily top Bears fan offer and still have a boat load of picks including no. 1 overall. You have 8 high picks in first 4 rounds I believe.

Some also argue that Jimmy G. is product of NE system and likely not that good so they don't want him.

SF, Jets, need QBs bad as well and several other teams have aging franchise QBs losing steam. IMO, QB market looks to be a sellers one especially with underwhelming college class of QBs.

Anyway, I was just gauging the Browns fan interest in Jimmy G. and their willingness to give up picks for him.

Let me know. Thanks.

For a frail guy who only played in one or two games and got injured, we already have frail QBs. We need a big armed, big bodied QB that can push the ball down the field i.e. like a Carson Palmer, Joe Flacco, Big Ben type. Jimmy G is a West Coast offense QB, no thanks
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our 2nd and a mid round pick.

Really liked him coming out and still do. I knew he was going to end up a patriot.

Alternative facts (aka Trump facts) The Cleveland Browns are the greatest franchise in all of sports history.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:

Stopped reading after the bold. Sounds like you are the one who needs to get a grip. He hasn't shown a pattern of anything which includes a pattern of good which is exactly why you don't trade a premium pick. There will be options just as good in the draft with at least one of our picks

Jamison on the sig
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
freakygeniuskid wrote:

Stopped reading after the bold. Sounds like you are the one who needs to get a grip. He hasn't shown a pattern of anything which includes a pattern of good which is exactly why you don't trade a premium pick. There will be options just as good in the draft with at least one of our picks

He showed a pattern of being good in school and having the traits that are needed in a QB

Alternative facts (aka Trump facts) The Cleveland Browns are the greatest franchise in all of sports history.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: