You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft, prospects to keep an eye on.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Offerdahl56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're partially right. Character concerns like getting arrested for fights, abuse, lazy, all alleged of course! Haha! and they're out, however they literally just drafted a dude who smoked a gas mask bong and it aired draft day! Weed is nothing nowadays in the character department.
Talent trumps and if foster is there he's ours. He won't be though.
Offerdahl56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're partially right. Character concerns like getting arrested for fights, abuse, lazy, all alleged of course! Haha! and they're out, however they literally just drafted a dude who smoked a gas mask bong and it aired draft day! Weed is nothing nowadays in the character department.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report out today by Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald (one of the most reliable beat reporters in the country) says Dolphins' love for Lamp has been overrated, to the degree that he's not the plan A, B, or even C in terms of prospects likely to be available at 22.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article146797284.html

Quote:
The Dolphins are not going into Thursday nightís first round expecting to draft a guard in the first round, per sources who are familiar with Miamiís thinking.

The only way it happens is if multiple other things happen -- meaning multiple other things fail for the Dolphins, including a trade down, and Lamp remains the only viable option at No. 22 overall.

Then maybe Lamp becomes a slim possibility. But barring the collapse of the Dolphins draft board and Western civilization, sources insist picking a guard in the first round is not what Miami wants to do.

hrubes20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Report out today by Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald (one of the most reliable beat reporters in the country) says Dolphins' love for Lamp has been overrated, to the degree that he's not the plan A, B, or even C in terms of prospects likely to be available at 22.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article146797284.html

Quote:
The Dolphins are not going into Thursday nightís first round expecting to draft a guard in the first round, per sources who are familiar with Miamiís thinking.

The only way it happens is if multiple other things happen -- meaning multiple other things fail for the Dolphins, including a trade down, and Lamp remains the only viable option at No. 22 overall.

Then maybe Lamp becomes a slim possibility. But barring the collapse of the Dolphins draft board and Western civilization, sources insist picking a guard in the first round is not what Miami wants to do.

Which is fine, of course. Guards can theoretically be found in the 2nd and 3rd round. Probably all moot though, as Lamp could be gone anyway in a draft as bereft of OL talent as this one.

We need a bong video of Haason Reddick tonight.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offerdahl56 wrote:

Foster's problems have nothing to do with weed, that is just icing on the cake. He had multiple problems in college, he clashed with coaches. He had multiple shoulder problems. He threatened to punch a member of the NFL medical staff at the combine and was sent home. All of this shows a pattern, he is an entitled prick who thinks the world revolves around him because he can play football. Guess what buddy, there are plenty of great players in the NFL that can play football, who are great people, who consistently do the right things. Foster has no business being in Miami.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
We need a bong video of Haason Reddick tonight.

Don't bust that nut quite yet, still have another day to go Smile
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Armando, look out for the following players at #22 (in order):

DE Derek Barnett
DE Charles Harris
LB Jarrad Davis
*trade down*
CB Cordrea Tankersley
OG Forrest Lamp
hrubes20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

DE Derek Barnett
DE Charles Harris
LB Jarrad Davis
*trade down*
CB Cordrea Tankersley
OG Forrest Lamp

Eff Harris or Tankersley

Daryl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He better mean TakKarist McKinely!!! I swear I will vomit if we pick Tankersly i the first he is a slot corner at best and a second round talent. I would rather see them reach for Davis at 22 at least he is a better player and bigger NEED
hrubes20

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl wrote:
He better mean TakKarist McKinely!!! I swear I will vomit if we pick Tankersly i the first he is a slot corner at best and a second round talent. I would rather see them reach for Davis at 22 at least he is a better player and bigger NEED

I'm not sure Davis is a reach at 22 at this point. One of the beat writers said that his interviews were off the charts good. His game tape is terrific and the biggest knock on him would be that he's missed some time in college due to injury. He's clean off the field and is a leader on it. In a perfect world, the Fins could trade back a few spots and still take a guy like Davis. I think that's unlikely though. Raiders are in the market for LB help.

I wouldn't mind Tankersly in the 2nd. Our slot CB play last year was terrible. But that's waaaaaay too rich to take him in the 1st.

green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
Daryl wrote:

I'm not sure Davis is a reach at 22 at this point. One of the beat writers said that his interviews were off the charts good. His game tape is terrific and the biggest knock on him would be that he's missed some time in college due to injury. He's clean off the field and is a leader on it. In a perfect world, the Fins could trade back a few spots and still take a guy like Davis. I think that's unlikely though. Raiders are in the market for LB help.

I wouldn't mind Tankersly in the 2nd. Our slot CB play last year was terrible. But that's waaaaaay too rich to take him in the 1st.

I agree that Davis is not a reach at 22. He's a high character / hard worker that excels at thumping ball carriers.

My fingers are crossed that Derek Barnett is there for us at 22. He obviously doesn't have elite measurables, but when I watch his game film I see the most NFL ready pass rusher in this draft. He really uses his hands well in combination with his feet to gain leverage. It wasn't luck that helped him to break Reggie White's long standing sack records at Tennessee. This guy is a worker.
Emerica

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:

DE Derek Barnett
DE Charles Harris
LB Jarrad Davis
*trade down*
CB Cordrea Tankersley
OG Forrest Lamp

I highly doubt they have Tankersley ahead of Lamp.

IMO if Barnett, Harris or Davis are gone they would ideally trade down to take Tankersley but if they fail to find a dancing partner they would take Lamp ahead of Tankersley. At least that's was I interpreted.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the beat writers are reporting that OG is now the #1 position the Dolphins want to fill in the 2nd. That is then followed by LB, and then S. The Dolphins still want to trade down to pick up a 4th rounder, but there may not be anyone wanting to trade.

The players to watch for here are.

Dion Dawkins, OG
Dorian Johnson, OG
Dan Feeney, OG
Pat Elflein, C/OG

The LB's that slipped out of the first such as Cunningham will be gone before the Dolphins pick. The same is true for S. In fact, the back half of the 2nd doesn't have allot of value at either position. Lamp will be gone as well. One dark horse for the 2nd will be LB Alex Anzalone. It has been reported that the Dolphins love his work ethic, and blend of size and speed. If Anzalone could have stayed healthy in college, he would have been a first round pick. Anzalone won't last until our third round pick, and there is a drop off in talent after him. In fact, the Dolphins will be picking from LB's like Duke Riley, Elijah Lee, Kendell Beckwith, Jaylen Reeves-Maybin, and Blair Brown at the bottom of the third. OG is also thin at that point as well. The OG available will be Ethan Pocic, Danny Isidora, and Aviante Collins. Safety help is really thin after the 2nd. The top players that will be available with our third are Tedric Thompson, Rayshawn Jenkins, John Johnson, and Xavier Woods.

So barring a trade back in the second, I think that the Dolphins are going to draft Anzalone in the 2nd, and then hope that Isidora falls to them in the 3rd.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:
So the beat writers are reporting that OG is now the #1 position the Dolphins want to fill in the 2nd. That is then followed by LB, and then S. The Dolphins still want to trade down to pick up a 4th rounder, but there may not be anyone wanting to trade.

Dion Dawkins, OG
Dorian Johnson, OG
Dan Feeney, OG
Pat Elflein, C/OG

The LB's that slipped out of the first such as Cunningham will be gone before the Dolphins pick. The same is true for S. In fact, the back half of the 2nd doesn't have allot of value at either position. Lamp will be gone as well. One dark horse for the 2nd will be LB Alex Anzalone. It has been reported that the Dolphins love his work ethic, and blend of size and speed. If Anzalone could have stayed healthy in college, he would have been a first round pick. Anzalone won't last until our third round pick, and there is a drop off in talent after him. In fact, the Dolphins will be picking from LB's like Duke Riley, Elijah Lee, Kendell Beckwith, Jaylen Reeves-Maybin, and Blair Brown at the bottom of the third. OG is also thin at that point as well. The OG available will be Ethan Pocic, Danny Isidora, and Aviante Collins. Safety help is really thin after the 2nd. The top players that will be available with our third are Tedric Thompson, Rayshawn Jenkins, John Johnson, and Xavier Woods.

So barring a trade back in the second, I think that the Dolphins are going to draft Anzalone in the 2nd, and then hope that Isidora falls to them in the 3rd.

You're probably correct, but I would prefer Duke Riley ahead of Anzalone. I would be excited for Pocic in the third, but happy to reach a little for Isadora if Pocic is gone.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

Dion Dawkins, OG
Dorian Johnson, OG
Dan Feeney, OG
Pat Elflein, C/OG

You're probably correct, but I would prefer Duke Riley ahead of Anzalone. I would be excited for Pocic in the third, but happy to reach a little for Isadora if Pocic is gone.

I think the Dolphins love for Anzalone is due to his size. Duke is 6' 232. Alex is 6-3 and 241. Alex has the frame to be able to add another 10 pounds. Duke is about maxed out. The Phins are looking for SLB help. So Alex makes more sense. However, there could be a run on OG's in the second, forcing the Phins to draft a OG there, and see what LB's fall to them in the 3rd.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: